Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Tera

Sikh eating beef

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Speak english please

 

their common sense is absent (in their ankles literal) . They think they are too modern/advanced now , they can eat and drink whatever who's gonna stop them ...

 

besides beef and milk triggering diabetes and cancer ...go ahead stuff your faces .... Guru ji gave you enlightened lifestyle but people like that love disease and living in the gutter too much to live like humans rather than the kaam(kaamna -desires) ridden animals they are determined to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

It's not just beef! Most monehs eat any type of meat these days. I have never met any amritdhari in real life who eats meat, and every Sikh (in real life) I know is totally against eating any meat as well! I find it odd that the masahari Sikhs on this site admire Jarnail Singh, yet they think it's okay to eat meat! This is just my observation. & its silly how most of you people don't believe in the caste system yet think its okay to refer Sikhs by it! Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Kaurji, Taksali Maryada doesn't approve of meat eating, but Taksaal has never claimed to possess the sole, authoritative Sikh Rehat. It affords other Sampardas and other rehats their proper respect. To illustrate this, the vegetarian DDT Singhs including Sachkhandvasi Baba Thakur Singh often made offerings of goats for jhatka when they visited the chaunis of the Nihang Singhs based around Chowk Mehta.  There were many jhatka eating or jhatka-supporting (Baba Nihal Singh Harienvela is a important example of the latter) Nihangs in Sant Ji's camp during the dharam Yudh morcha, and in the kharku outfits in the ensuing years. 

The Brahmgianis of the Taksaal have always realized the question of meat eating is irrelevant to Sikhi (as long as it is jhatka) and up to the individual Sikh, and that the heated arguments which others wage on behalf of their respective views endanger the ekta of the qaum. Taksaal has always, in my opinion, been the Jatha which works hardest for Panthic Ekta, which is why they maintain connections with groups as diverse as Nihangs, AKJ, Nirmalas and Udasis (particularly the latter two, which are shunned by most mainstream Sikhs). No other jatha/samparda casts their nets so wide. 

We should emulate the spirit of the great lion of panthic ekta, Sant Ji, and stand together, vegetarian or meat eater. This is what the Singhs of the 80's did, and look at what was accomplished. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WJKK WJKF

A Sikh should only consume meat if their prepared to Jhatkaa it themselves. If you have not got the ability to Jhatkaa  a Cow or a chicken or any animal, then don't eat meat. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cow isn't a "mother" or anything of that sort. Last I checked my mother doesn't wander around India eating Garbage. My mother Mata Sahib Kaur Ji resides with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj watching over her more children (all whom are more agyakari than me :) ).

 

If people are going to argue that because cows gives milk that's why people don't eat them, read Suraj Prakash Granth. Goats give milk but were consumed by Sikhs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Balkaar said:

Kaurji, Taksali Maryada doesn't approve of meat eating, but Taksaal has never claimed to possess the sole, authoritative Sikh Rehat. It affords other Sampardas and other rehats their proper respect. To illustrate this, the vegetarian DDT Singhs including Sachkhandvasi Baba Thakur Singh often made offerings of goats for jhatka when they visited the chaunis of the Nihang Singhs based around Chowk Mehta.  There were many jhatka eating or jhatka-supporting (Baba Nihal Singh Harienvela is a important example of the latter) Nihangs in Sant Ji's camp during the dharam Yudh morcha, and in the kharku outfits in the ensuing years. 

The Brahmgianis of the Taksaal have always realized the question of meat eating is irrelevant to Sikhi (as long as it is jhatka) and up to the individual Sikh, and that the heated arguments which others wage on behalf of their respective views endanger the ekta of the qaum. Taksaal has always, in my opinion, been the Jatha which works hardest for Panthic Ekta, which is why they maintain connections with groups as diverse as Nihangs, AKJ, Nirmalas and Udasis (particularly the latter two, which are shunned by most mainstream Sikhs). No other jatha/samparda casts their nets so wide. 

We should emulate the spirit of the great lion of panthic ekta, Sant Ji, and stand together, vegetarian or meat eater. This is what the Singhs of the 80's did, and look at what was accomplished. 

 

 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Mhmm, I also think we should have ekta. There are many things that are not understood among some, but we are all still Sikhs. When I was blessed at the amrit sanchar, we were told to not eat meat (so I will follow that hukam). This topic also reminds me of "Kabira Teri Jhompri Gal Katiyan Ke Paas Jo Karenge So Bharenge Tu Kyon Bhayo Udaas". So I guess people can do what they'd like, but I will just work on myself. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2017 at 0:16 AM, acsap said:

Either Sikhs should not eat meat, otherwise all meats are the same. You think cow is our Mata too???

next you are going to say halal is the same as well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

next you are going to say halal is the same as well?

Next thing you going to say is that cow is not your mother.  If you don't know how to debate then stay away from the discussion board!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2017 at 9:44 AM, Destruction said:

Those of you who claim beef is okay, you lot only say that because of your hatred for Hindus. Real Sikhs stay away from cow, Singh of the past even namdharis give shaheedi to protect the cow. What. Disgrace the panth has become advocating the consumption of beef, <banned word filter activated> kuteh panchod teri tii di tang

 

On 17/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, 5akaalsingh said:

I think you should read Uggardanti

 

On 17/07/2017 at 11:54 AM, 5akaalsingh said:

yes excellent

'Giani Gian Singh speaks of the actions of Jassa Singh Ahluwalia as:

“Though, he was very against killing of cows. To stop this, he attacked many times Lahore and Kasur, and slayed the cow butchers.” 

Twarikh Guru Khalsa, Giani Gian Singh (1894), Pa 734'

 

3 minutes ago, acsap said:

Next thing you going to say is that cow is not your mother.  If you don't know how to debate then stay away from the discussion board!

well you said all meats are the same, does that include halal as well, which is bujjar kurahit for sikhs?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

 

 

well you said all meats are the same, does that include halal as well, which is bujjar kurahit for sikhs?

I have never met a Sikh who said halal is okay. There is no debate about that for obvious reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, acsap said:

I have never met a Sikh who said halal is okay. There is no debate about that for obvious reasons. 

ok but you said all meats are the same, and this is the argument most ignorant sikhs use when they don't care whether we eat halal or not. please be a bit more clear next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ipledgeblue said:

ok but you said all meats are the same, and this is the argument most ignorant sikhs use when they don't care whether we eat halal or not. please be a bit more clear next time.

I see your point. I meant all animals that people eat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, acsap said:

I see your point. I meant all animals that people eat. 

I dont think so. I think sikhs in the past and now refrain from killing and eating cows. But I dont know our position on eating pigs or pork. It seems that asking fellow sikhs to eat pork was a way to test for muslim spys as can be seen when bandayi khalsa was reunited with tatt khalsa. 

One reason we dont eat beef is the same reason jews people dont mix dairy and meat. They dont want to boil the calf in its mom's milk. Meaning they dont want to be akirtghan. If you drink cow or buffalo milk, then you should not kill cows or buffalos. 

Sikhs kill goats but I dont know many sikhs who drank goat milk in the past, or anyone who drink it now in India. 

Also, if u are  a vegetarian, but u drink milk of an animal. You have to.make sure that in the process of getting that milk, no animal is harmed. Or you become a meat eater. That's the main reason, cows were not hurt in ancient india. Like vegans blame vegetarians today for consuming dairy which causes male offapring to be killed. This is a direct cause of you drinking milk so you will be held accountable for those deaths. Therefore, vegetarians have to make sure that the one animal whose animal products they use, is not harmed. Otherwise vegans are right and vegetarians are the most hypocritical ppl with the largest cause of meat slaughter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I dont think so. I think sikhs in the past and now refrain from killing and eating cows. But I dont know our position on eating pigs or pork. It seems that asking fellow sikhs to eat pork was a way to test for muslim spys as can be seen when bandayi khalsa was reunited with tatt khalsa. 

I think the Singhs who hunted wild boar made it clear for pork. I mean the shingar on the dumalla for boar's horn should only be worn by actual Singhs who hunt boar, it is not something to be just bought and put in there. It is a soor-bir type of symbol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I think the Singhs who hunted wild boar made it clear for pork. I meant the shingar on the dumalla for boar's horn should only be worn by actual Singhs who hunt boar, it is not something to be just bought and put in there. It is a soor-bir type of symbol.

soor bir ? not from soor pig  but soorma brave ...please what you suggested makes it pig-warrior please think a little

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Ardaas 1 and  rabb da radio 1  are really gd movies  both on youtube     about social issues     qissa, tale of a lonely ghost is one of the strangest movies iv ever seen! surprised that some punjabi made it, its about a man who wants a son but his wife gives birth to a girl but he doesnt wanna accept it so he raises it as a boy! he even marrys her of to a girl!  strange movie     i dont really watch hindi movies but i liked padmavaati and haider.  i think its just show off tbh       
    • Oh, so they didn't even get that right. I find a lot of Indian 'culture' is super camp. Especially the movies these days (judging by the few seconds I have seen of them before I turn my head away in disgust). I tried watching some modern Panjabi film with social issues recently (called Gelo) but straight away they assaulted my senses with some couple prancing about in some musical number, so I had to switch it off. It takes like a year for me (at least!) to get over these types of things before I can summon the strength to try and watch it again.  I hear you!  It often looks like the people with these lavish, ostentatious events are seriously trying to cover up for some deeply rooted inadequacies with all the fancy, overblown events? 
    • its very camp and over the top. everything is gay about it the belly dancers arent all that, skinny and plain lol  even if i had that much money i would still have just a simple anand karaj and thats it. i dont like being center of attention
    • Guest Jack
      Hello. I'm a white guy, born and raised in the USA, baptized and confirmed Catholic, however I never really could accept what Catholicism/Christianity teaches. I always felt like I was reaching for something "out there" to understand know God. I've read about/researched other faiths, such as Wicca, Islam, Hinduism, other secs of Christianity, and for a while I studied Buddhism. But again, these always left me wanting more. They spoke about God, "The Divine", creator, etc, but they always spoke of different ways to identify with God, spoke about all these rituals to get closer to God, but those things feel inadequate to me. Reading the Guru Granth Sahib pulls something deep inside of me. At least, for me, it explains God in terms that I'm able to understand and connect with, and Sikhism, from what I've read, shares the same moral/ethical/world views that I do. My only worry/concern is appropriating the culture of Sikhs. While I very much admire the ten Gurus and the immense struggle they and the people who lived during there time (and of course the struggle that Sikhs, and black/brown people and other people of color, still go through today), I will never be able to identify with that struggle because of my racial position in life, which I accept, but does that mean I'm not able to follow the words of the Gurus? I'm a solitary person, so I don't think I would go to Gurdwara, and I don't think I would ever be baptized/ take the 5 K's. I enjoy being a lay person, appreciating what the Guru Granth Sahib says, and experiencing/knowing God. I just want to have a relationship with God, and I know that means more than just reading from the Guru Granth Sahib, and I'm hoping with time I'll be able to do more with my faith. I guess I'm posting this to get an idea if there's any white people on this forum who are Sikh, or if any black/brown or other people of color on here have had experiences with white people in the Gurdwara and if those experiences were satisfactory or cringe worthy?
    • Sounds like a gays man's wet dream?  I ain't watching it - f**k that. lol The only thing that sounded even remotely interesting in the above list was the belly dancers. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use