2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

You think SIkh PA would've made a big difference? 

even mention by them would have got other orgs involved and them also talking about it , and they would have got their full funding much like 'supersikh' dectective comic

Guest Jacfsing2
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

even mention by them would have got other orgs involved and them also talking about it , and they would have got their full funding much like 'supersikh' dectective comic

Crowd-funding doesn't work the same way as donations, they are based on external rewards based on how much an individual pays into the product. If you look at Super Sikh, they started their "rewards programs" at $1U.S.D, whereas the Echoes of Mutiny started at the u.s. equivalent of $7 U.S.D, (converted the rate). This hurts chances people on the poor end of the spectrum would help. Also if you look at the rewards for both, Super Sikh would have won that, for people who like things.

• 4 years later...

It's mad when I think about it. Apnay can put out thousands of bull5hit pendu bhangra songs and retarded movies, but can't muster enough enthusiasm for anything genuinely creative and innovative like this.....

4a7784646d26f1237b3c3a9dca27f588_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&w=680&fit=max&v=1479797527&gif-q=50&q=92&s=d3f5a0f5d9fed32da616bfa432e22755

Imroze

7b087ad16c43cf7a6af0f3a855759324_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&w=680&fit=max&v=1490570531&gif-q=50&q=92&s=8cccc99d0cd50cd6b4982ba15221bb53

a025911bc7149ad59eb53d69a54d96bf_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&w=680&fit=max&v=1490570705&gif-q=50&q=92&s=ba55bab40ab1850f0ed8e1d3c18bd6bd

bfcd78a96dcb80e29b036c538b1fd3f5_original.jpeg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&w=680&fit=max&v=1495088106&gif-q=50&q=92&s=e737b5d4d476c7714b01d8bf0b4ca3b1

53984b4ebd2bfae07cd348b17e572d87_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&w=680&fit=max&v=1495088136&gif-q=50&q=92&s=3affa05af8701a5742a10d08d6e5c932

7efadc9135bb6a87aae78f87cf2169cb_original.jpeg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&w=680&fit=max&v=1495088157&gif-q=50&q=92&s=a0fc4ef2498d30968594ce6a1d8249db

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

That looked really amazing. Such a shame that it didn't get made.

It reminds me of the video game Sarbloh Warriors which also never got finished due to lack of funding.

I don't know if there is a profitable market for it (Sikh graphic novels)?  Plus we all know what kind of stuff most apnay prefer......

Dance Indian Sticker by Pure Bhangra for iOS & Android | GIPHY

We need Sikh Alan Moores and Frank Millers, who can narrate Sikh tales in a way that will resonate with a wide audience (including nonSikhs).    

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't know if there is a profitable market for it (Sikh graphic novels)?  Plus we all know what kind of stuff most apnay prefer......

We need Sikh Alan Moores and Frank Millers, who can narrate Sikh tales in a way that will resonate with a wide audience (including nonSikhs).    

Truth of the matter is, if there is someone who's making gand, and someone who's making stuff related to Sikhi, the person making gand will make more money; and the person who's making Sikhi related content will be more harshly judged for making something remotely related to Sikhi. (We can see how long films like Nanak Shah Fakir or Dastan Miri Piri take compared to some random Punjabi film to be approved.)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Dance Indian Sticker by Pure Bhangra for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Imagine if it was written by an apna Frank Miller, he would go hardcore anti sul! Just like Frank Miller did against the Persians in 300.

I found Watchmen very overrated, V fir Vendetta was very good apart from the songs.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Imagine if it was written by an apna Frank Miller, he would go hardcore anti sul! Just like Frank Miller did against the Persians in 300.

I found Watchmen very overrated, V fir Vendetta was very good apart from the songs.

Nah, I think a writer could be subtle, it's the plot development and clever twists in the plot that make a great narrative. You could show how some new moghul recruit from a poverty stricken background is slowly turned more and more twisted as he witnesses more and more zulmh done by his comrades, depicting his mental crisis for instance. Exploring grey areas is the most fascinating part. I think childlike black and white narratives (i.e. clear good guys and bad guys) are totally underwhelming for intelligent readers. 

I thought Watchmen was good, relatively true to the original. I stopped watching V for Vendetta after a few minutes when I saw that they bottled out making the female lead a prostitute like in the original GN. I really liked the Sin City stuff too. 

10 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Nah, I think a writer could be subtle, it's the plot development and clever twists in the plot that make a great narrative. You could show how some new moghul recruit from a poverty stricken background is slowly turned more and more twisted as he witnesses more and more zulmh done by his comrades, depicting his mental crisis for instance. Exploring grey areas is the most fascinating part. I think childlike black and white narratives (i.e. clear good guys and bad guys) are totally underwhelming for intelligent readers. 

I thought Watchmen was good, relatively true to the original. I stopped watching V for Vendetta after a few minutes when I saw that they bottled out making the female lead a prostitute like in the original GN. I really liked the Sin City stuff too. 

No I meant that the black and white depiction is very Frank Miller, I hated the 300 graphic novel and the movie was even worse. Sin City was great and so was The Dark Knight Returns. I think he did do a hardcore anti sul graphic novel after 9/11.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I think he did do a hardcore anti sul graphic novel after 9/11.

Do you know the name of it? 

Sin City was great and so was The Dark Knight Returns. 

A dame to kill for (Sin City 2) was panned, but I thought it was good. 

On 7/20/2017 at 9:47 PM, jkvlondon said:

Just saw this, looks like they did go to Sikh PA:

https://www.sikhpa.com/echoes-of-mutiny-interview-with-deep-hundal/

• Thanks 1