Nitnem?

WJKK WJKF.

We all know that nitnem usually starts at 2am. Some people start earlier which is totally fine.

Whenever I go to a special event at the gurdwara that lasts all night and upto morning, why done amritdhari's not do their nitnem at that time? If it was to end at like 7am (which is 2-3 hours past the deadline for nitnem) aren't they missing their nitnem?

I notice the same at normal gurdwara's. If I come really early and end up leaving really really late the amritdhari's don't do their nitnem?

3 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF.

We all know that nitnem usually starts at 2am. Some people start earlier which is totally fine.

Whenever I go to a special event at the gurdwara that lasts all night and upto morning, why done amritdhari's not do their nitnem at that time? If it was to end at like 7am (which is 2-3 hours past the deadline for nitnem) aren't they missing their nitnem?

I notice the same at normal gurdwara's. If I come really early and end up leaving really really late the amritdhari's don't do their nitnem?

Amritvela starts at 2 am, or 3 am depending on what time the sun rises. Cuz amritvela is supposed to start 3 hours before sunrise. So we are supposed to do simran until the sun rises and at sun rise we r supppsed to the 5 bania. So yeah, it makes sense to do nitnem at 7 am after all night program. But some ppl like me are tok sleepy. Other ppl r smat, they will leave the program a few hours early so they can finish nitnem.  Gurmat Bibek youtube channel has a video on this called why rainsabai or something similar

AH! Nitnem is before sunrise BUT! Let's see where this tradition started. INDIA! And where do Sikhs like me do Nitnem? UK! Has anyone seen sunrise in UK around 6.15am in cold season?? In December India sunrise is at 5.30am onwards and can be 4am! For summer... Sooraj da chadi gia, sajno! Following the sun's direction should be focused more on time.

5 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF.

Amrit vela sach nao vidaayee vichaar can be anytime when you remember Waheguru.

• 2 weeks later...