What music are you listening to?

Kira

What music are you listening to right now? Let's bond over some worldly stuff. I'm sure the people here aren't twerking it out to Anaconda and I'm also sure alot of you don't spend all your time listening to kirtan and Gurbani. So what songs are you really into right now? Why so? 

I'll start it out with this.

I love the lyrics and the beat of it. The lyrics have a pretty interesting meaning.

There is nothing that they can do,
To protect a king and his fool,
Caught in the fire, watch it burn,
Ash to ash, now it's our turn,
Take their kingdom down and smash it to pieces,
Turn their feet around, they will be defeated,
They will crumble at the sight of our legion,
if you want the crown then you've got to break them down.

I always got the vibe its an attack on the current establishment, the king being the uncaring government and the fool being the ones who chase after them for power and wealth. The fire is a symbolism of their very greed eventually destroying them and the legion being the people rising up to oppose them. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, Kira said:

What music are you listening to right now? Let's bond over some worldly stuff. I'm sure the people here aren't twerking it out to Anaconda and I'm also sure alot of you don't spend all your time listening to kirtan and Gurbani. So what songs are you really into right now? Why so? 

I'll start it out with this.

I love the lyrics and the beat of it. The lyrics have a pretty interesting meaning.

There is nothing that they can do,
To protect a king and his fool,
Caught in the fire, watch it burn,
Ash to ash, now it's our turn,
Take their kingdom down and smash it to pieces,
Turn their feet around, they will be defeated,
They will crumble at the sight of our legion,
if you want the crown then you've got to break them down.

I always got the vibe its an attack on the current establishment, the king being the uncaring government and the fool being the ones who chase after them for power and wealth. The fire is a symbolism of their very greed eventually destroying them and the legion being the people rising up to oppose them. 

Highly doubt you'll get many people to post music they enjoy in their free-time, personally, I'm more into television and YouTube over music, but the type of music I would listen to is electronic music, mostly because focuses on good beat, rather than people's voices getting in the way like most songs.

• 2 weeks later...

I just listen to whatever is playing on the radio. Usually BBC Asian Network, might not be paying attention.

I am trying to get into listening to Raag music, especially Raag Keertan. IT's never playing in the gurdwara so have to listen to it at home or in the car. 

Also found some Rabab music on Youtube yesterday, it actually sounds similar to 80s and 90s bhangra music!

I've been watching the kids contests on the Indian channels lately and saw the difference between the Punjabi ones and the other Hindi ones. I don't know whether it's because of the budget of them or the judges, but the Hindi classical music ones seem to be more professional than the Punjabi ones. It's a shame, as the Punjabi kids seem to be stuck in one mode and they don't have much training as the Hindi ones.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 6:34 PM, Singh123456777 said:

Just heard this yesterday and sounded pretty cool

Good choice. Have a listen to Cult of Fire, they are a Czech band who did an album based on Hindu philosophy and religion. It's called Ascetic Meditation of Death. \m/