Chandi di vaar

Guest Jacfsing2
19 minutes ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh 

What time should one do path of chandi di vaar or ugardanti. I heard youre not supposed to do it at night. Can someone pls explain 

thx 

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh 

The reason apparently someone isn't supposed to do it at night is because it's a bani meant for preparation of war. If someone does it at night, they should do it all night. I don't know about Ugardanti, so can't answer that part.

23 minutes ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh 

What time should one do path of chandi di vaar or ugardanti. I heard youre not supposed to do it at night. Can someone pls explain 

thx 

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh 

Why don't you ask someone from taksal?.... after all your username suggests you are a singh from taksal.... 

They will know

2 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The reason apparently someone isn't supposed to do it at night is because it's a bani meant for preparation of war. If someone does it at night, they should do it all night. I don't know about Ugardanti, so can't answer that part.

You half talk some rubbish.

The whole not doing it after sunset story comes from the jeevani of Sant Baba Harnam Singh Rampur Khere wale. 

Nihangs don't follow any such restrictions that I know off.

Singhs in puratan times used to launch attacks on the enemy at midnight... they didn't wait until the sun came up so they could recite certain Bani & then attack as the above post suggests

Guest Jacfsing2
17 minutes ago, Mahakaal96 said:

You half talk some rubbish.

The whole not doing it after sunset story comes from the jeevani of Sant Baba Harnam Singh Rampur Khere wale. 

Nihangs don't follow any such restrictions that I know off.

Singhs in puratan times used to launch attacks on the enemy at midnight... they didn't wait until the sun came up so they could recite certain Bani & then attack as the above post suggests

Nihangs also didn't sleep as much as most people today sleep. Nihangs today do Chand Di Vaar right after the Punj Bania.

Guest Jacfsing2
9 minutes ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Does the same apply to asa di vaar 

Asa Di Vaar has historically been a morning bani, though the Shabads can be recited anytime from my limited knowledge.