Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sangat ji, I have been considering moving away from the UK. Mainly just had enough of the place.

I am alone. No family at all nor am I married. I am not educated either.

Has anyone got any experience on the emmigration process for someone in the UK wanting to move to Canada who may be or has been in a similar situation as myself?

I was there this time last year and saw that there is a lot of Sangat there. It's clean, peaceful and generally seems like a great move especially for someone that just wants to get up and leave everything in the UK behind.

I had the chance to speak to someone there who has moved from London and is working in banking/finance but he actually married a Canadian Singhni and was under 30 years of age when he applied for his PR (permanent residence) so it was a little easier for him.

Any ideas, feedback, information or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Akaal!

18 minutes ago, SantSapai said:

I am alone. No family at all nor am I married.

You have no progenitors?

18 minutes ago, SantSapai said:

I am not educated either.

Well, that's certainly not good for trying to get into Canada.

Go here and figure out how many points you have for immigration to Canada:

http://www.workpermit.com/immigration/canada/canadian-immigration-points-calculator

4 minutes ago, BhForce said:

You have no progenitors?

Well, that's certainly not good for trying to get into Canada.

Go here and figure out how many points you have for immigration to Canada:

http://www.workpermit.com/immigration/canada/canadian-immigration-points-calculator

Vaheguru...

Progenitors - Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj and Mata Sahib Kaur Ji

Apart from UK high school, I have no further education. The circumstances did not allow for this at the time and went straight into work as I was living alone.

Thank you for the link. 

Akaal!

9 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

There isn't much social life or community in Canada. Everything is like 2 hours away, which seems crazy in the UK. 

Thank you for your response.

To be honest, I like a quite life hence. As long as there is a Gurdvara Sahib close by to were I'd move all is ok.

Guest Jacfsing2

It's easier if you get a job before you land in the country, or if you can show the Canadian government that you can make jobs for local Canadians. (Though easier than even these options is marrying a Canadian citizen, but I wouldn't recommend this). Actually to immigrate anywhere, you should show you can benefit them in some way or another.

22 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

It's easier if you get a job before you land in the country, or if you can show the Canadian government that you can make jobs for local Canadians. (Though easier than even these options is marrying a Canadian citizen, but I wouldn't recommend this). Actually to immigrate anywhere, you should show you can benefit them in some way or another.

Yeah I assumed that too. Will look into work there a little more. 

Probably need to make another trip over there this year to find out the ins and outs.

Haha...why do you say that? Are Canadians that bad? lol

Yeah, a country really only want someone to enter that can benefit the place - I understand that.

Thank you ji

Goodluck bro with your move, I have been in your shoes before considering Canada has a place to move to. But whilst there are a lot of good points for moving there e.g. nice houses, job prospects and quite a few apney, its certainly far from perfect. As mentioned before, everything is far apart and also there are a lot of suleh and somalians there now too.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

You need a job offer letter to apply for work permit.

If you can cook, Restaurants do sponsor cooks from overseas on minimum wage basis.

Other options are working on Canadian cruise ship or approaching Baba Amar Singh ji 

https://m.facebook.com/nanaksarthath/

for guidance & trouble shooting.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh