3 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

You need a job offer letter to apply for work permit.

If by "you" you mean "one", then one does not need a job offer letter merely to apply for a visa to move to Canada (which is what he said, not a work permit). It's just that having a job letter gets you a hundreds of points in the Express Entry point system.

A letter from a province gets you even more points. But to get that letter, you usually have to ... have a job offer. There are other ways, too, but none that may apply to this brother: higher education, having studied in Canada, having $500K ready to invest in Canada.

So yeah, for this brother, he would likely only make the points cutoff if he had a job lined up. For other people reading this thread, you could easily qualify without a job.

13 hours ago, SantSapai said:

Progenitors - Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj and Mata Sahib Kaur Ji

OK, bro, whatever you say.

13 hours ago, SantSapai said:

Apart from UK high school, I have no further education. The circumstances did not allow for this at the time and went straight into work as I was living alone.

You may want to look into the requirements of the various provinces, except for the most populous provinces of BC and Ontario. They have much lesser requirements for immigration, because they want to fill up their provinces, where nobody lives. Quebec is a whole nother kettle of fish, which its own immigration requirements different from Anglophone Canada. Not sure how much French you know.

Check here and here for province requirements.

Each province has its own website which you will have to go through and determine your points. Good luck.

7 hours ago, BhForce said:

If by "you" you mean "one", then one does not need a job offer letter merely to apply for a visa to move to Canada (which is what he said, not a work permit). It's just that having a job letter gets you a hundreds of points in the Express Entry point system.

A letter from a province gets you even more points. But to get that letter, you usually have to ... have a job offer. There are other ways, too, but none that may apply to this brother: higher education, having studied in Canada, having $500K ready to invest in Canada.

So yeah, for this brother, he would likely only make the points cutoff if he had a job lined up. For other people reading this thread, you could easily qualify without a job.

This is not a general discussion but specific, that's why it's "You" not "one".

My suggestions are for OP's perusal as per the info provided above.

If you read SantSipahi's post carefully, he has been & can travel to Canada being a British citizen. All he needs is to get an offer letter from sponsor to apply for Work permit. Employer needs to convince fed's that he's qualified & they can't find a Canadian to fill this vacancy.

Canadian lawyer's dealing in immigration usually provide such services for a Fee.

SANT SIPAHI, another option is to look for volunteer jobs for foreigners in Canada

https://www.gooverseas.com/volunteer-abroad/canada

Vaheguru...

Thank you to all for your feedback, input and suggestions.

Just to clarify, I am not completely illiterate lol - high school education only. Didn't really do well in my A-Levels and did not attend colleage or Uni.

However, with Maharaaj's bayanth kirpa I have always managed to get really good jobs. Ones that I propbably don't deserve with the lack of education I have.

Education was a concern for me about applyng for Canada residency due to the point system being 67 minimum.

If it's meant to be it will happen - Maharaaj da bhana

Akaal!.

59 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

If you read SantSipahi's post carefully, he has been & can travel to Canada being a British citizen.

You're absolutely right. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that he can travel to Canada with no visa whatsoever. Once he's visiting, he can hook up with an employer. The employer can put an ad in the paper, and if they get no suitable responses, they can truthfully state that no qualified Canadians are available.

But you should not state that you are going to look for work. You should go on an actual vacation and see Canada. Only while you're there, you can also look and see if there are jobs.

A second way which I had forgotten, is that one needs absolutely no job to go to work in Canada. If you are between 18 and 30, you can go on a "working vacation" in Canada, no job offer required!

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/work/holiday-visa/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=uk

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp

18 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

As mentioned before, everything is far apart and also there are a lot of suleh and somalians there now too.

Yeah, sounds like the UK now, and the US, and Germany, and a lot of other places. Leaving the only option being to go back to Punjab if you're allergic to those sorts.