Sirsa dera baba held guilty, riots ensue

BhForce

PANCHKULA, Haryana—In a major blow to the Sirsa cult, the CBI Court of Panchkula, headed by Justice Jagdeep Singh, has held that Gurmeet Ram Rahim is guilty of raping two of his female disciples. He has been taken into custody by police and is being transferred to the central Jail of Ambala. Sentencing will be delivered by the CBI Court on August 28, after adjudication.

http://www.sikh24.com/2017/08/25/guilty-gurmeet-ram-rahim-verdict-confirmed-sentencing-in-three-days/

An eye-witnesses present in the Court told Sikh24 that Gurmeet Ram Rahim was appearing quite clearly depressed and he looked shaken when the Court delivered it’s verdict. (How the mighty fall)

His followers started riots after the guilty verdict:

• Curfew in 10 cities of Punjab
  • Over 30 dead and more than 200 injured.
  • Military prescience in Punjab extended  by 60 days
  • An increase military presence of a 150 Companies requested by Punjab
  • Two railways stations set alight

636392912848165524..gif

CHANDIGARH, Punjab—Riotous behavior and violence by Sirsa cult disciples in Punjab and Haryana has stepped up which has caused the Punjab & Haryana High Court to issue a seizure order of the Sirsa cult’s entire property. The High Court has said that the expenditure of all the demolition caused by Sirsa cult disciples will be compensated by the selling of Ram Rahim’s property.

Over 25 people have been killed so far by the violent mobs, and over a hundred people have been injured. Public property and vehicles are being targeted by the mobs.

Curfew has been imposed in Bathinda, Mansa, Barnala and Ferozepur. Mobile internet has been suspended for the next few days.

Meanwhile, numerous incidents of violence at petrol pumps, telephone exchanges, and public vehicles have been targeted by the violent mobs. 

http://www.sikh24.com/2017/08/25/breaking-punjab-update/

My comments: I have posted elsewhere that we Sikhs do not have the right to shut down the Sirsa followers' non-violent meetings. These, however, are not non-violent meetings. They are violent riots. We (and everyone) have the right to use violence to protect life and property. (Note: I'm not talking about the legal right in countries like the UK where if you injure a burglar, the police will come to arrest you, not the burglar. I'm talking about moral right.)  Youtube, Facebook, and other media show Panchkula (bordering to Chandigarh) on fire.

BTW: A question- Are live-fire bullets only reserved for Sikhs? The Sikhs were just sitting in an intersection in relation to Bargari beadbi incidents of Guru Granth Sahib. It's illegal to block an intersection, I get it. But it's not in and of itself a violent act. Rioting is a violent act. And you can see that the police were fleeing from the Sirsa followers, not advancing, not caning them, and certainly not firing with live bullets. (If I am mistaken, please correct me.) In any case, even if the police did live-fire, what's the equality between live-firing on a non-violent sit-in, and live-firing on a riot?

Secondly, it's good that Sikhs remained generally aloof from this process. That's what I've been saying for a long time: Just let the government machinery work, why do we have to insert ourselves into everything? Because we remained aloof, the Sirsa followers are burning telephone exchanges, railway stations, buses, but, so far, not Gurdwaras.

Thirdly, someone posted on Facebook a plea to our more naive brothers not to and set up a langar for the 100,000 dera premis camping in Panchkula. People laughed, but it came true when word (rumor?) came that dera premis ate in the langar at Nadha Sahib Gurdwara in Panchkula (a large historical gurdwara of Guru Gobind Singh ji's). A handful of people were upset at this idea, but the vast majority of Sikhs on Facebook said langars are open for everybody, even our enemies. In light of the violent response of the dera premis, is it a good idea to fuel the rage of the dera premis? Since, it's hard to go on a violent rampage if you're hungry for the past 3 days.

Comments?

6 hours ago, singh598 said:

Ram Rahim is a government agent.  He was used for vote banking the poor dalits.  He enjoyed various impunity to kill and rape land grabbing and corruption.  His close followers who defected have stated that he used to have a sex roster as he demanded a new woman for every different day

He was involved in blasphemy of Sikhism in Punjab and enjoyed zed security

Then the next plan was to desecrate Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Peaceful Sikh protesters were attacked with sticks and shot at by the police

Today ram Rahim disciples caused major riots yet police stood by and watched as ordained by higher officials

The government's aim is as always to disrupt Punjab and create havoc.

Promotion of riots is to tell Sikhs there is another enemy as well as Rss shivsena etc

I've seen multiple videos of police clashing with rioters. They're not standing by. I'm sure of the 31 dead, some were shot by police. Let's not be the whiny people who always make everything about themselves, and play the victim card. Let's sit back and watch the show, enjoy and get some popcorn! 

4 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

I've seen multiple videos of police clashing with rioters. They're not standing by. I'm sure of the 31 dead, some were shot by police. Let's not be the whiny people who always make everything about themselves, and play the victim card. Let's sit back and watch the show, enjoy and get some popcorn! 

OK, thanks for clarifying.

I would still maintain that firing on people that are simply sitting in protest is quite different from shooting people who are setting property on fire. 

8 hours ago, superkaur said:

From my understanding I think the dehra premi's are basically agents of congress party mostly made up of dalit hindus who been literally brought by the indian congress party via the circus clown entertainer rapist ram rahim.

Decades ago before partition these huge dalit masses would have been part of Guru's Khalsa army ready to cause havoc against non-sikh oppressive powers of the day but now since 1940s due to castist "neo-brahmim" jatts of sgpc and discrimination they suffer they join these cultist babeh/godmen in these dehra's which are patronised by indian political parties brought by corrupt money and in return these power hungry "high caste" politicians get their huge vote banks and get these disposable lowlife masses to do their bidding against their enemies

The Akali Dal, the SGPC and the Sant Samaj should be held responsible for this entire debacle. Their pro-Jatt sympathies have brought about this backlash from the lower Caste communities. 

1 hour ago, 13Mirch said:

The Akali Dal, the SGPC and the Sant Samaj should be held responsible for this entire debacle. Their pro-Jatt sympathies have brought about this backlash from the lower Caste communities. 

Not just them but the ones that fund the akali dal and SGPC sant samaj is the indian establishment which encompasses all political parties and regional ethnic religious centres of powers they have influence on all of it. Without flow of indian money SGPC / akali dal sant samaj cant run... who creates the money? who supplies it? banks via the indian government stop the flow and you control these orgs and the individuals in them and thus thats how they enslaved the Sikhs of punjab by control and flow of money.

The alleged panthic Sikh orgs can create their own currency and refuse to use the rupee as a protest to show their independence free from foreign rule over the religious and political affairs but they havent therefore showing they are hostage to the flow of money and funds from indian establishment.

without control over money the "higher caste" jatts and others cant help other downtrodden communities who may need help like the poor dalit lower castes who want to be Sikhs to have equality but are forced to convert to other faiths because they get a better economic or employment deal in other paths.

Those in power in indian establishment blame "high caste" jatt Sikhs for treating "lower" dalit / chamar Sikhs badly yet its they the brahmins who are the ones who have the money controls and influence to ensure their agenda happens. If you want to leave india to travel aboard you have to go to mr sharma who decides you can go or not. If you need funding from central government mr sharma decides if you get money to punjab or not.

Only solution is sovereignty or autonomy so Sikhs can run their affairs according to Sikh ideology to stop castism and treat everyone fairly and equally regards to jaath paath.