Report any thread/replies that is abusive and against sikhi in general

S1ngh

Guest Jacfsing2
On 8/29/2017 at 11:30 PM, S1ngh said:

But yes! We sure do need a few active moderators. The reason why we don't keep new moderators is because in waaay past, we seen them deleting stuff because of their biased viewpoint. 

But it it's better to have a clean forum. We will contact few folks. Thanks for recommending some..

That's good, and your concerns are valid that there is potential for some bias that could happen in Moderation, which is why i feel that people who will take that position must agree to a certain set of rules specifically for moderation, if you plan on having a few moderation rather than 1, I do recommend some form of them all working together before banning people or putting them on quality control. Moderators must also explain each and every warning they do decide to give-out, so other moderators and admin can see if it's valid or not.

On 8/28/2017 at 4:18 AM, S1ngh said:

Being a moderator, please report posts/threads if you think that should not be on sikhsangat. We will take swift action.

Gurfateh !

Are you the only Staff/Admin here? If not, who else is?

On 8/29/2017 at 11:30 PM, S1ngh said:

But yes! We sure do need a few active moderators. The reason why we don't keep new moderators is because in waaay past, we seen them deleting stuff because of their biased viewpoint. 

But it it's better to have a clean forum. We will contact few folks. Thanks for recommending some..

It's a lot of work to take on, especially if one has a family. You've been doing the best you can considering you probably don't have much spare time. Well done. 

20 hours ago, simran345 said:

Oh, sorry for nominating you without asking, that goes for the other members I nominated too. The reason I nominated you was because there's some posts of yours that I liked that showed you have a calm approach towards some topics. That's the type of Mods, I felt the forum needs, those with knowledge of Sikhi and that won't take sides or start abusing others. 

Calm, haha, if only you knew.

Criteria for an Admin should be someone with far more time on their hands than I, so quick to respond. Lets say no more than a 2 day SLA.

Ideally Amritdhari and one who keeps minimum rehat.

Cool headed, approachable, devoid of swearing at any given moment or without thought. (I'm guilty of this at least x2)

Good grasp of Gurbani and well read (Sikhi wise) - or at least knows how to use Google :rofl

Understands Politics and GOI/RSS tactics

Is aligned to the Panthic Maryada

Not biased towards one Jatha

The list can be endless, I hope the right candidate is found - someone maybe set up a poll, excluding me as a choice!

Definitely need mods that can put aside their personal associations and beliefs to be fair minded and not express favoritism for any group, treating all Sikh groups fairly and stop any group from being bashed.  Bring the hammer down on profanity (explicitly or other#@& stated), personal attacks and stick to the forum rules.  

On 8/30/2017 at 7:30 AM, S1ngh said:

yes! We sure do need a few active moderators. The reason why we don't keep new moderators is because in waaay past, we seen them deleting stuff because of their biased viewpoint. 

Yeah that was another issue that ruined the forum when there was too many Mods with their own biased options and drastic actions who kept deleting quite interesting threads or letting trolls abuse the topic enough for the topic to get closed down rather than the troll to be banned and their posts deleted.

I think the best way is to deal with this is if a Mod finds a topic controversial it should be moved to a controversial category so that it isn't locked down or deleted but can still be discussed in separate area. And it can always be moved back to general category if other Mods think its not that controversial and needs wider participation from users.