Is it really Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism vs Hindu, Hinduism and it's beliefs?

Guest Saddened Hindu

Guest Saddened Hindu

I'm here because I now feel that either the teachings, teachers, interpretations or the followers of Sikhism themselves are in the wrong or being guided with malacious intent. My use of word malicious is intentional because I have started to feel the maliciouness. My childhood Sikh friends have closed "Only Sikh" chat groups where they share Hindu jokes about coward Hindus, impotent Hindus, Hindu whores etc. I got to know as a misdirected forwards got sent to our common group. I've stopped going to gurudwaras because I hear and feel a common theme of country of Hindus, government of Hindus, cow-urine-drinking-rat-monkey idolising Hindus, coward Hindus and Lion Sikhs etc. I am here to gauge, know and hopefully get reassured that somehow an undercurrent of hatred against Hindus is not gaining momentum and hopefully is not perpetuated by the very gurudwaras. That my very good childhood friend doesn't think of me as a coward or belonging to a coward race. That they don't see my wife n daughter as a <banned word filter activated>. That they are not disrespectful of my beliefs/identity. When I say they, I mean my Sikh friends, colleagues and all the Sikhs. Are Sikhs somehow being taught this disrespect through the family unit, gurudwaras, community congregations, media?  I am looking for intelligence, reason, guidance and true knowledge from members/guests who are not blindfolded by parochial view of religion and with whom I can engage in a civil and a thought provoking dialougue.

Guest Jacfsing2
5 hours ago, Guest Saddened Hindu said:

I'm here because I now feel that either the teachings, teachers, interpretations or the followers of Sikhism themselves are in the wrong or being guided with malacious intent. My use of word malicious is intentional because I have started to feel the maliciouness. My childhood Sikh friends have closed "Only Sikh" chat groups where they share Hindu jokes about coward Hindus, impotent Hindus, Hindu whores etc. I got to know as a misdirected forwards got sent to our common group. I've stopped going to gurudwaras because I hear and feel a common theme of country of Hindus, government of Hindus, cow-urine-drinking-rat-monkey idolising Hindus, coward Hindus and Lion Sikhs etc. I am here to gauge, know and hopefully get reassured that somehow an undercurrent of hatred against Hindus is not gaining momentum and hopefully is not perpetuated by the very gurudwaras. That my very good childhood friend doesn't think of me as a coward or belonging to a coward race. That they don't see my wife n daughter as a <banned word filter activated>. That they are not disrespectful of my beliefs/identity. When I say they, I mean my Sikh friends, colleagues and all the Sikhs. Are Sikhs somehow being taught this disrespect through the family unit, gurudwaras, community congregations, media?  I am looking for intelligence, reason, guidance and true knowledge from members/guests who are not blindfolded by parochial view of religion and with whom I can engage in a civil and a thought provoking dialougue.

I do feel sorry that you consider someone who doesn't have decent human respect for you, as a friend. However, what I will say is that our feelings are just, especially with the intense persecution of Sikhs, false promises, as well as flat out trying to destroy the very fabrics of our faith, and trying to convert us. I don't care about some Hindu jokes, or whatever "jokes", these so-called "friends", of yours consider funny, what most Sikhs care about practically is ensuring their survival. If it was up to most of these Hindus, they'd defend their corrupt leader, (Indira Gandhi), and downright insult our Mahapurukhs, (Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale), and Shaheeds, (Satwant and Beant Singh). With this much disparity, there will be intense conflicts, there's also extreme conflicts between diaspora Sikhs and Indian Sikhs, Punjabi Sikhs vs Other parts of India Sikhs, so don't think the only argument is between people of different faiths.

Guest Saddened Hindu
2 hours ago, ThunderousDominator said:

Whatever weve been "taught" has been by your people and leaders and if you wanna be saddened by anything it should be by the actions of your community towards us. As for your so called friends who talk sh!t about you behind your back well they are probably not your real friends than. Sorry if i sounded blunt.

Thunderous dominator and Jacfsing2.

So it must be true. Your referring me as You and Your Community is quite hurtful. I haven't taught you or other Sikhs anything and have taken no actions against you or other Sikhs. But when I go to a gurudwara and have to articulate to my 6 year old girl's query that whether Sikhs hate us or not, I really wonder what does the institution stand for. My 6 year old girl sitting in a sangat with her father, both our heads covered in reverence, listens to an 8 year old boy read a speech saying ,"Aj hinduan di pardhanmantri nu maar ke shahidi prapt kiti.....,", "hinduan ne...", "hinduan di...", "hinduan nu..."etc and then asks me why are we here dad when they hate us, it saddens me. Is this the history lesson that we find is imperative to teach so our progeny doesn't have any doubts about our identity? Majority of sangat in gurudwara were Hindus with their head covered n bowed in reverence, most of an age incapable of comprehending the hatred let alone the reason behind it. I am teaching my child that it was n still might be a tradition amongst Hindu families in Punjab to bring up one child of the family as a Sikh, about the sacrifices of Gurus, about the martyrs of Jallianwalla Bagh and bhagat singh. Then I take that child to the very institution I'm highlighting, to be only exposed to hatred and vitriol in the name of history lesson. History is documented. This in itself means that it has suffered inflictions of bias, inaccuracies, opinions and emotions. So to answer my girl's question I approached that 8 year old lad, congratulated him for his eloquent delivery in Punjabi despite the accent, and asked him, in front of his parents, whether he knew the names of the sons Guruji sacrificed. He drew a blank. Then I asked my girl and she rattled Sahizades' names. So I looked the boy's father in the eye and said that this is what he needs to remember. And I told my girl that Sikhs don't hate us. And I told myself that it's not an institution that I'll never visit but it's a bare building propagating hatred that I'll never set my foot in. I am sure you would answer with so whats. To approach any opposing viewpoint with nonchalance & disdain and to dismiss it with 'I dont care' is disrespectful. I'm sure my so called friends feel exactly like you do. I hope and I'll even hazard that I know that they don't mean any individual disrespect towards me and my family. But your answers/comments and tone have definitely shed a light why they are or have become so.

Guest Saddened Hindu
6 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Guest saddened Hindu Jee,

Sikhee is above all jaat, paat, genders or any race superiority. 

You see, all religious conflicts are created by the mind, and the poor fools, turn out into fanatics or fundamentalists, be them of any country or dharam; and it is very sad to say, that hardly any community is not infected  with this disease of discrimination.

Whether hindus, muslims, christians, or sikhs in name, those who create and enter into conflicts, racism, discriminations, is mainly because none of them have gone deeper into what their religions teach them to do, which is forget about everything  and everybody else around you and get focused on the divinity within you through devotion; and this, it is evident that nobody does.

In our Aartee, we listen some golden words of our Guru Sahiban : Sabh meh Jot, Jot hae soeee. This means, His Light permeates all beings.

Now these words of Guru Jee, reveal the mental state of a highly evolved avastha being who has merged His consciousness in Him, thus, that being sees Him alone in everyone and every place.

Our Guru Sahiban, only speak the Truth, about which they themselves have experienced within, and share with all the humanity without any limitations.

The rest of us all mortals, we just keep ourselves limited within the four walls of haume, agyanta, koor and krodh, thus our spiritual blindness.

No spirituality is gained by mere intelectualism, rather by putting into action the teachings of  love and devotion to Him alone, in our case as Sikhs.

I would advise you, to leave anybody who promotes hatred and discrimination, do not mind them, no matter if you stand alone in the whole world, because after all, each and everyone has to account for his/her karam, and there no friendship, no chat group, no leaders, no specific community, nor zaat paat is taken into consideration, but only one´s bhakti and love for the Supreme Truth, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Thank you Harsharan000. Could you please guide me towards a reliable and true guide/translation relevant to your answer. I would really appreciate an insight into your approach.

Much regards

6 hours ago, ThunderousDominator said:

Whatever weve been "taught" has been by your people and leaders and if you wanna be saddened by anything it should be by the actions of your community towards us. As for your so called friends who talk sh!t about you behind your back well they are probably not your real friends than. Sorry if i sounded blunt.

You are the actual troublemakers of unrest *****

Admin Note: jaspindjy, Please leave this forum. Thank you.

Guest Jacfsing2
10 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Guest saddened Hindu Jee,

Sikhee is above all jaat, paat, genders or any race superiority. 

You see, all religious conflicts are created by the mind, and the poor fools, turn out into fanatics or fundamentalists, be them of any country or dharam; and it is very sad to say, that hardly any community is not infected  with this disease of discrimination.

Whether hindus, muslims, christians, or sikhs in name, those who create and enter into conflicts, racism, discriminations, is mainly because none of them have gone deeper into what their religions teach them to do, which is forget about everything  and everybody else around you and get focused on the divinity within you through devotion; and this, it is evident that nobody does.

In our Aartee, we listen some golden words of our Guru Sahiban : Sabh meh Jot, Jot hae soeee. This means, His Light permeates all beings.

Now these words of Guru Jee, reveal the mental state of a highly evolved avastha being who has merged His consciousness in Him, thus, that being sees Him alone in everyone and every place.

Our Guru Sahiban, only speak the Truth, about which they themselves have experienced within, and share with all the humanity without any limitations.

The rest of us all mortals, we just keep ourselves limited within the four walls of haume, agyanta, koor and krodh, thus our spiritual blindness.

No spirituality is gained by mere intelectualism, rather by putting into action the teachings of  love and devotion to Him alone, in our case as Sikhs.

I would advise you, to leave anybody who promotes hatred and discrimination, do not mind them, no matter if you stand alone in the whole world, because after all, each and everyone has to account for his/her karam, and there no friendship, no chat group, no leaders, no specific community, nor zaat paat is taken into consideration, but only one´s bhakti and love for the Supreme Truth, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Harsharan, you post some of the greatest stuff on this site,(flat-out, the some of the best); however, I don't think you actually answered the real question on why the conflict happens on a personal standpoint.