Is it really Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism vs Hindu, Hinduism and it's beliefs?

Guest Saddened Hindu

Guest Haridas

Saddened Hindu, what country are you from?  I am quite shocked.  Please remember that the vocal minority does not necessarily represent the quiet majority.

My advice to you is not to put your faith in people.  You can see from SGGS, history etc that hatred is not part of our dharam.  SGGS and Guru's Kirpa is always open to you.  Put your faith and attention there instead.

Yes many sikhs are taught hatred towards hindus. Some sikh ppl are realizing tho that it is not all hindus.it is the government so now most sikh ppl are directing the vitrol and hatred towards the indian government and those that supported its actions in the decade following1984.

Im glad to know that there are hindu ppl like yourselves who come to gurudwaras and want to be part of sikh festivals and diwaans and teach ur children sikh history. 

But there are also hindus especially young brainwashed ones that say im glad this many sikhs were killed by the army and innocents were killed in 84. This of course leads the sikh community who already feel anger after losing a terrible  high-casualty war, to retaliate in mean words. 

As always this means good people like yourself will have to work harder to bridge the gap and to show sikh youngsters, that the hindus they talk of so dismissively are real people and  have good intentions. Only experience will change their mind. Of course when they meet a hindu person who is happy with sikh deaths, then that sikh will realize there r good and bad in every community and everyone should be judged on their own merit.

Its sad that sikhs have to relearn this lesson when the gurus taught it so well with the muslims. There was Aurangzeb but also Akbar. The subedaar of sirhind but also Malerkotlas subedaar. Pir Mian Mir but also the Qazis who wrote fatwas detailing guru arjan dev jis shaheedi.

All communities have good and bad ppl. Even the sophisticated Americans and Europeans are finding it hard to stick with this reasoning in regards to Muslims/Arabs after 911, ISIS, and other terrorist attacks. How can you expect the simple Sikhs to exceed at it?  

Guest Jacfsing2
20 hours ago, Guest Saddened Hindu said:

Thunderous dominator and Jacfsing2.

So it must be true. Your referring me as You and Your Community is quite hurtful. I haven't taught you or other Sikhs anything and have taken no actions against you or other Sikhs. But when I go to a gurudwara and have to articulate to my 6 year old girl's query that whether Sikhs hate us or not, I really wonder what does the institution stand for. My 6 year old girl sitting in a sangat with her father, both our heads covered in reverence, listens to an 8 year old boy read a speech saying ,"Aj hinduan di pardhanmantri nu maar ke shahidi prapt kiti.....,", "hinduan ne...", "hinduan di...", "hinduan nu..."etc and then asks me why are we here dad when they hate us, it saddens me. Is this the history lesson that we find is imperative to teach so our progeny doesn't have any doubts about our identity? Majority of sangat in gurudwara were Hindus with their head covered n bowed in reverence, most of an age incapable of comprehending the hatred let alone the reason behind it. I am teaching my child that it was n still might be a tradition amongst Hindu families in Punjab to bring up one child of the family as a Sikh, about the sacrifices of Gurus, about the martyrs of Jallianwalla Bagh and bhagat singh. Then I take that child to the very institution I'm highlighting, to be only exposed to hatred and vitriol in the name of history lesson. History is documented. This in itself means that it has suffered inflictions of bias, inaccuracies, opinions and emotions. So to answer my girl's question I approached that 8 year old lad, congratulated him for his eloquent delivery in Punjabi despite the accent, and asked him, in front of his parents, whether he knew the names of the sons Guruji sacrificed. He drew a blank. Then I asked my girl and she rattled Sahizades' names. So I looked the boy's father in the eye and said that this is what he needs to remember. And I told my girl that Sikhs don't hate us. And I told myself that it's not an institution that I'll never visit but it's a bare building propagating hatred that I'll never set my foot in. I am sure you would answer with so whats. To approach any opposing viewpoint with nonchalance & disdain and to dismiss it with 'I dont care' is disrespectful. I'm sure my so called friends feel exactly like you do. I hope and I'll even hazard that I know that they don't mean any individual disrespect towards me and my family. But your answers/comments and tone have definitely shed a light why they are or have become so.

I don't believe referring to you is hurtful, but you should be proud of whatever your identity is, (in this case Hindu), instead of feeling some shame of it; however, to say all Hindus are good people or all Sikhs are good people is neither healthy nor practical. But it does give some hope that there are people like you, who understand somewhat of the struggle. I don't know who teaches these people hate; but a pracharak should be honest, instead of saying what feels good. To imagine just all the chaos caused in 1984, seeing your brothers, sisters, children, and parents just be killed, and not any form of justice is impractical. Same in 1947, when your closest friends, the bonds you shared with them whether they were Hindu, Muslim, or Sikh, now permanently damaged due to the deaths of those precious to them. Also our education system of teaching people Sikhi has extremely diminished with the independence of India, when many Sikhs could have entire banis memorized at a young age, compared to now when many lost that precious knowledge, and our people are labeled as extremists for standing-up for our faith.

4 hours ago, Guest Saddened Hindu said:

Hello Jacfsing2 

Since then my comment has been published. I have conveniently addressed it to you n the other member by the name dominator. It's about my experience and the ensuing dilemma. Please do read and let me know your take on it. Do remember the topic heading I chose n my main concern. My only concern is the existense of hate amongst Sikhs for Hindus. As far as my friends are concerned, I'm sure they don't intend a targeted disrespect towards me. It's highly likely that you share jokes of similar nature but you still are here conducting youself in an honourable manner n even offering a private platform to ensure I feel uninhibited in expressing my views. My friend I have no malice whatsoever. But read my comment, respond and we'll continue this conversation as I would come up with lot of questions through this journey.

Read your newly posted content, and I'm not really a joking type, I'm a bit more flat-out on what I believe. That said, I wouldn't want friends like that whether they are Sikhs or Non-Sikhs.

Take your daughter to a Hindu temple, teach her to study the Geeta. I'm genuinely curious why you would even bother taking her to a Sikh temple ?

Would you go to a Muslim temple (mosque) ? No.

I dont know why you guys are just asuming this guy is genuine. There have been plent of hindus whove come to this forum (and countless more in real life)speaking kind words but after just the tiniest bit of prodding they reveal there true colors and the poisen they have in there hearts. For all we know this guy could be jaspindjy using a different ip address but than again maybe im just being a litle paranoid.

7 minutes ago, ThunderousDominator said:

I dont know why you guys are just asuming this guy is genuine. There have been plent of hindus whove come to this forum (and countless more in real life)speaking kind words but after just the tiniest bit of prodding they reveal there true colors and the poisen they have in there hearts. For all we know this guy could be jaspindjy using a different ip address but than again maybe im just being a litle paranoid.

I understand your concern. However, we are different and we should refrain ourself from generalization. Not all fingers are equal. There are good and bad folks in every community. 

Guest Jacfsing2
16 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

I understand your concern. However, we are different and we should refrain ourself from generalization. Not all fingers are equal. There are good and bad folks in every community. 

That's a good reason, but why did you approve this?

28 minutes ago, Guest Hindu said:

Take your daughter to a Hindu temple, teach her to study the Geeta. I'm genuinely curious why you would even bother taking her to a Sikh temple ?

Guest Saddened Hindu
7 hours ago, Guest Hindu said:

Well my Hindu brother. You must not have read Shreemadbhaagvat Gita to have such a parochial view of life and most likely in living it too. I'm not here to justify myself, my actions and my existence. But you won't understand.