Sign in to follow this  
singhbj singh

In Sikh/Punjabi culture, when dear relatives and friends visit... we never send them away empty handed

Good idea. The other things that one gets gifted is women's suits that you're never going to have sewn or a man's shirt that's probably the wrong size and colour. Although I do think this is stopping nowadays. Cakes seem to be the new thing now. 

4 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Good food & courteous behaviour is sufficient no need for gifts.

Bibi's who are bad cooks have to compensate with gifts😆

When are you going to stop the bibian mehne? 

4 hours ago, Kaur501 said:

Yes good food works but we should follow our culture of receiving gifts ...lol

Penji I think you quoted my post by mistake ? 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Good food works but we should follow our culture of receiving  🎁😆

• Thanks 1

Guest Jacfsing2
On 9/13/2017 at 5:35 AM, singhbj singh said:

I can understand why you can't cook, but it isn't some elite skill that you can't learn yourself. Punjabis have always been giving gifts to each other since pre-Sikh era, they aren't going to stop just because some guy on the internet is saying stupid stuff about Kaurs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Also the Deras in Punjab. They’re like these Christian missionaries.
    • 5 paragraphs were written explaining how God is behind everything. You are all Guru’s sangat, if you get something inspirational to read, the Guru is showering his blessings himself. The story is way deeper than x user writing something. I honestly learn things myself reading back after writing.  When the mind focuses on the Guru, words can come from within. My comments were intended just like a giani finishes katha by saying anything said is the Guru’s words, for I am not worthy.  4 minutes later this troll had drawn his conclusions and replied to say I am claiming to be the Guru. 4 minutes! He is so target locked on attack mode. Maybe he could try sleeping on things and looking at it with fresh eyes in the morning! Original post was written in our mouj, a tribute to my Satguru, how much he does to help his Sikhs, to encourage you all to make Mool Mantar part of your life so you reap the benefits. Yes my Guru showed me how his pyare leave this world, they also showed how jamdoots unforgivingly beat the life out of people to drag them to hell. I have no reason for sharing such types of posts other than trying to help you, motivate you to jaap naam. I asked a Saint once, doing simran you get feeling of sarbat da bhalla, you want whole world to be liberated. They replied people haven’t got same feeling for you, they’d stab you in the back given the chance. Some people here insult me, judge me, are more interested in trying to guess who I am, speculating things.  I don’t judge any of you at all, to me you are just souls I thought let’s encourage. If I do judge you the result is why do I bother, they throw everything back in my face.  How often do you think such posts come along? In dhiyan we remembered all of you, let’s write a motivating post for them. 1 person insulting someone in dhiyan is enough for God to take everything away. 
    • women need to be controlled and need the rules laid down on them or they will go uncontrollable
    • The lower castes in Punjab are asserting themselves and that is good (not in this murder but in terms of organising themselves and uplifting themselves) The missionaries source of converts is going to dry up and that could be where the conflict is coming from.
    • https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/10/27/suspected-hindu-radicals-open-fire-in-christian-church-in-india-killing-one/ According to this, it was 2 brothers who were part of some Valmiki Samaj group.

Important Information

Terms of Use