Is khalsa aid wasting sangats resources on muslim rohingya?

superkaur

21 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Do you have any proof of this? I highly doubt he's said anything remotely related to this. That Sikhs have a right to a nation.

Yes, I doubt it too. 

The only reason I can think of that we are helping Muslims so much (they definitely wouldn't be rushing to help us) is if we are paying back some sort of karmic debt. Either that or 'Khalsa Aid' has decided to become 'Non-Khalsa Aid'

3 hours ago, proactive said:

By the same contention the Burmese and Bangladeshi govts should be looking after the Rohingyas. Why is Khalsa Aid there? How do you define immediate danger, is a Punjabi farmer who is under debt due to economic policies of the govt which makes his hard work unviable not in immediate danger because of the stress and mental agony might lead him to commit  suicide? If Khalsa Aid forgoes helping in Burma and concentrates the money it will spend in Burma to Punjab instead then it will save lives in Punjab. No one is going to die in Burma because Khalsa Aid doesn't go to the camps to help out. Millions have been and millions more will be pumped into Burma by the international community. Khalsa Aid's work is a drop in an ocean of international relief work. Soon charities will be stepping on each other toes to help the Rohingyas. 

No one is asking KA to turn Punjab into a paradise. Just to save a few Sikh lives instead of replicating the work of the bigger charities in Burma. 

I really don't, for the life of me, as a Sikh, understand how someone can say "No one is going to die in Burma because Khalsa Aid doesn't go to the camps to help out." really man, it's a terrible shame that people think like this, it's like seeing someone injured on the road and saying "Nah man, leave it, someone else can help them".

Khalsa Aid put themselves forward as a "Humanitarian Aid Agency" not a Sikh one, there are bigger problems in the world than those going on in our backyards, they do help out in Punjab, alot, like i said in a previous post, do your research, they help out on an individual basis, the problem in Punjab is it's riddled with corruption and backhanded politics which make it very difficult for any charity to operate without giving out "donations" to local mp's and police, in other word's taking the money people donate and using it to bribe people to get to those who need help, kind of defeats the object of it all, that's why they go in and help individuals instead of communities.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Do you have any proof of this? I highly doubt he's said anything remotely related to this. That Sikhs have a right to a nation.

I'm quite sure on his Instagram he has spoken for Sikhs to have their own nation. But, ill revisit his page to double check. One of his close friends is also a known Shaheed from the Sangharsh. 

1 hour ago, superkaur said:

Helping people in need whatever their background is a good deed in Sikhi yes. However what Khalsa Aid and united Sikhs are are and have been doing is very different issue to what Bhai Kanhaiya did. What Bhai Kanhaiya did was help people on the battlefield who was trying to fight and kill Sikhs. He helped people regardless who they was in the particular scenario and environment he didnt go out of his way to mughul or hindu towns to help the needy he only helped the people who was in front of him at the time who needed water that is the example he set and Guru Ji told us to follow. That when you are presented with someone asking for help in front of you that you help them regardless of their background even if they are from the people trying to kill you.

However Guru Ji didn't say go out to non-sikh places and towns and help the people even if your own sikh community needs help and is suffering. 1) There is no where in Sikh history or scriptures that state you must go out to help non-sikhs at the expense of your own sikh brothers and sisters wasting sangats very limited and hard earned resources. When Sikhs who allegedly mean to do well for humanitarian causes go out to non-sikh places and help them they are not following Sikhi they are following their brainwashed humanitarian ideology or own selfish agendas.

Guru Ji also said create an area of self rule because without political sovereign power with all the functions of a state you cant help your own people properly nor you can help needy others from other communities. Liberal far left ideology that tries to brainwash Sikhs into thinking rush out to foreign far flung lands to help everyone is wholly wrong, against logic and common sense and I would put it its wholly against the future progression of spreading Sikhi.2)  As at the moment Sikh populations in important key area's are dwindling cos Sikhs are not helping them meanwhile abrahamic populations are increasing at an alarming rate in dharmic lands aided by their rich abrahmic political states while stupid Sikhs with no idea of future demographically impact are helping them survive and thrive at our own expense.

1) That is not true bhenji, read about the history of the Sewapanthis, the order descended from Bhai Kanhaiya, who did precisely that. Many of their good works were carried out in the Muslim areas of the Punjab in order to counteract the poison being spread about the Khalsa by the propaganda of Mughals and toxic Maulvis. Their selflessness also attracted thousands of Muslims to the Sikh fold. 

2) I agree, the Sikh demographic situation is a ticking timebomb. But if we just selfishly hoard all our resources like every other panth in the world (christian, hindu, muslim) people are gonna look at us and assume we are no different than they are - with good reason. And when they start thinking that they will lose all interest in Sikhi, or the thought of becoming Sikh. Our ancestors became Sikh because they thought it was something better, something different from the rest. We should celebrate our uniqueness, not try to copy the thinking of others "Muslims only look out for Muslims, therefore we Sikhs are only gonna look out for Sikhs". Why should Sikhs take their cues from the Muslims when we have our own Gurus and an endless litany of Mahapurash to inspire us? 

In any case, Seva shouldn't be a game of religious politics. I think everyone would do well to read, reread and read again the excellent post by SoulSingh and ponder it for a while. Seva with an agenda is not seva at all. 

1 hour ago, proactive said:

I can say that because the tens of thousands of pound of the sangat's money that KA will spend is being dwarfed by the many millions that the international community has given. The UK for instance has given £ 25 million more after their initial £ 11 million in aid. So that's £ 36 million they have given. The EU has given 3 million Euros and Canada has given $ 2.5 million. That is why I can say that KA is WASTING the sangat's money by being in the Rohangya refugee camps because what they will waste there will be a drop in the ocean to what the international community will spend there. What is looks like is that Khalsa Aid are pig headed by going there knowing this fact and is only there for publicity. Also asking for donations for Rohingya from the sangat when they have £ 2.5 million in the bank as well as knowing the international community will spend nearly £ 50 million there also shows their lack of common sense. 

You really are clutching at straws trying to justify why Khalsa Aid is not so active in Punjab given that Punjabis need aid as well. So Punjab is corrupt but Haiti, Kashmir/Pakistan, Nepal,, Bangladesh are not corrupt! The basic fact is that giving aid to Punjabis is not a right-on issue in charity circles. There is no publicity is helping Punjabi and lots of publicity in helping in Burma and other places. 

I dont think any brother or sister out there can answer above perfect reply. Publicity for the organization alone brings money and that is the reason why he only helping non-sikhs with Sikhs money. Imagine Mother Teresa helping non-christians only ?

On 16/09/2017 at 4:44 PM, superkaur said:

When muslims have 50+ countries over 1 .3 billion population and huge rich governments of iran, saudi, turkey, central asian republics, gulf states, etc and muslims and commanded to only give charity to muslim causes via zakat. 

Why are our very few Sikh charity organisations wasting our very limited financial and manpower resources helping non-sikhs in far off non-sikh lands where the people have no interest in Sikhs or sikhism and would not come to our aid if we ever get in trouble as in 1984 proved. Sikhs 30 million population, no country to our name and struggling religious minority fighting for faith and nation since 1947 due the treacherous dogs of sikh leadership who continually sold the kaum out.

christian aid they have 3 billion christian population rich western countries and vatican bank chuch isnt helping rohingya, hindus have 1 billion population they never helped non-hindus  charity causes ever.

Rohingya will be helped by their muslim breathin eventually there is no doubt about that. Us Sikhs do not need to go off on far off adventures to far off places aimlessly if are not there to help the people embrace sikhi with parchar.

Question is why is khalsa aid continuing to pursue non-sikh charity causes when there's plenty of causes within the Sikh community that needs urgent attention and help but no help is given. (ie afghan Sikhs dwindling population due to persecution and discrimination, pakistani sikhs struggling financial  hardships, indian sikhs in deep poverty and struggling especially families of Shaheeds killed by govt violence). Whats the agenda? foreign adventures? collecting money?

Ravi singh is doing a great job showing he is a humanitarian and at promoting the humanitarian side of Sikhi which is great however, where is his and his orgs priorities? They seem to be lost in my view.

muslim may not help us , hindu may not help us  but NOBODY was helping rohingya , yezidis and others when Khalsa aid got involved as you have seen now Yezidis organisations have taken over most of the on the ground work , syrians helping in syria ,  i do not know if there is any major muslim charity taking over Greece operations  or yet coming forward in bangladesh . There are some global muslim individuals supporting khalsa aid . I have never seen hindu support of any sikh project helping in India as usual it's take take take and complain if sikh charities help anyone else including apne.

I had heard that the projects in Panjab have been haphazardly handled  whether this punjab poltics interfering or lack of focus not sure .

It is not for lack of daswand in Panjab , in fact I would say forget giving daswand to golaks but put it into direct actions to support switch to organic farming , remove pollution and put in support of poor families for higher education/business startup building tech companies  in solar/green tech