With the rise of AI robots and automation of Jobs what does it mean for Sikhi and Sikhs?

superkaur

5 minutes ago, superkaur said:

I wouldnt be suprised I think there will come a point where "enterprising" business minded and less spiritually inclined greedy commitee members will start actually implementing that as a quick cash cow.

Also there is actually a roti making machine at darbar sahib now and they have upgraded it for greater capacity. Roti automation is not a bad thing its actually a good idea however if they start doing other stuff like robotic sewa when the AI revolution hits India then it would be truly a slippery slope. As selfless sewa is also one of the key values in Sikhi.

All these new innovations will leave many Sikh  philosophers, theologions and intellectuals with a lot to think about in order to help guide the community staying true to sikhi while living in an increasing intelligent AI and robotic dominated future for humanity.

I'm not convinced. Have you ever tried the langar since the roti machines were installed? The taste is completely different to when 'sevadaars' hand made them.

Guest Jacfsing2
10 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

I think you misunderstood my post, I'm not advocating AI, at least not in a Guru Ghar to the extent mentioned.

I know what you were implying, but if some future Gurdwara politican,(if we still have committees in the future), was somehow thinking this.

4 hours ago, superkaur said:

I wouldnt be suprised I think there will come a point where "enterprising" business minded and less spiritually inclined greedy commitee members will start actually implementing that as a quick cash cow.

Also there is actually a roti making machine at darbar sahib now and they have upgraded it for greater capacity. Roti automation is not a bad thing its actually a good idea however if they start doing other stuff like robotic sewa when the AI revolution hits India then it would be truly a slippery slope. As selfless sewa is also one of the key values in Sikhi.

All these new innovations will leave many Sikh  philosophers, theologions and intellectuals with a lot to think about in order to help guide the community staying true to sikhi while living in an increasing intelligent AI and robotic dominated future for humanity.

its all too easy to make stuff like that. Breaking them and doing all sorts of evil shenanigans is always a chance, atleast with Sevadars you can control who has access to the food.