Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iblue001

Paath

Guest Iblue001

Hey guys so this thing just recently happened to me(1-2 weeks ago), when I was doing paath for a moment I forgot everything, I could hear my mouth moving and talking but I could not do anything,my mind was completely blank, this happened for 2 seconds but after that two seconds I felt INCREDIBLE HAPPY, I can't describe this happiness as it only lasted for like 1 second but I still remember that after that for around 10 seconds I was fully able to concentrate at the bani, I was doing tav prasad swaiye at that time. This is the second time something similar has happened to me. The first time it felt like I was out of my body like I was slowly going up yet staying down, I did not feel any emotions at that time but when I "went back into my body", it felt incredibly strange(didnt feel happy or sad,) In both of these moments my mind went blank and I could hear me saying the bani but I couldn't do anything (e.g. stop saying it or move)

These things have never happened to me before, only when I started doing paath these things started to happen, they only happened when I did paath. Also I have not taken amrit, (although I wish to one day)

Have you guys had this? 

Guest Balvir kaur

I wish I could concentrate like you, doing path since I was a child but never have any such experience.

if u could write here how much. Am how much bhajan simran u do, what time and how, it could hep us

thanks

It is going to be of no use to you to know how much simran to do. You simply have to arrange time for yourself. .. approximately 2 hours 40 minutes everyday. One tenth of your time everyday to Devote to simran. It is a blessing from God if one is able to put in this amount of time. 

Pichle janam dhi kamayi counts as well greatly. God has preselected exactly whom he would like to have these experiences. 

If you have these experiences, then you have to learn to not spread them about and you will have more. There are many more things that come to pass... we are spiritual beings suffering from separation from our creator. Reconnection is going to occur slowly and understanding these experiences comes slowly too.

As you keep your simran up, you are able to obtain great amounts of happiness and peace from it. So forming a habit of simran should be done as a conscious effort. 

2 hours ago, Guest Balvir kaur said:

I wish I could concentrate like you, doing path since I was a child but never have any such experience.

if u could write here how much. Am how much bhajan simran u do, what time and how, it could hep us

thanks

Don't worry about not having a spiritual experience. The main thing is you don't divert from God's name. You don't want to get into ego from experiences either. 

All people are not the same, an experience to one person may not be the same as another, however large or small it maybe. We should bear in mind, that we do not recite God's name for experiences, but to think of it as our duty and love towards them. If we start to ask for experiences, then we have forgotten what our goal is. 

It is up to Waheguru to grace somebody with an experience. It can happen how much more or less time on one spends on Simran, than another. Do not compare yourself to others, an experience will happen in Waheguru's Hukam, not by anybody saying how or when. 

Its good to increase Simran, Gurbani if you wish to and spending more time to devote yourself towards it, will never be incomplete of anything. But we must focus on doing Simran and not expect anything back in return. Just leave that to God to decide. 

Say if somebody has an experience, does it necessarily mean it has to be a physical one or that is visible? And then what after that? 

Doing Simran, reciting/listening to  Gurbani is an experience in itself. We are here in this world for this experience of having the opportunity to, that is also an experience we should be grateful for. But we forget God is everywhere. 

ਤੂੰ ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਮਹੀਅਲਿ ਭਰਿਪੁਰਿ ਲੀਣਾ ਤੂੰ ਆਪੇ ਸਰਬ ਸਮਾਣਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
तूं जलि थलि महीअलि भरिपुरि लीणा तूं आपे सरब समाणा ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
Ŧūʼn jal thal mahī▫al bẖaripur līṇā ṯūʼn āpe sarab samāṇā. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
Thou art fully contained in water, dry land nether and upper regions. Thou Thyself art pervading everywhere. Pause. 
SGGS ji Ang 731

🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

I understand that you maybe desiring for an experience to feel the presence of God for yourself, but just remind yourself they are everywhere. When we do Simran with love for God, then we'll start to feel the anand (bliss) of it, when God graces us with it. 

Guest Iblue001

Sry if this takes time to go through(as I don't have an account) 

6 hours ago, Guest Balvir kaur said:

thanks

But anyways I did not start doing paath because of experience. I have started doing it as I wanted to do it. I am 15 now and I wanted to do paath for 2 years now, but I just could not say the words correctly as I do not know how to read punjabi (although I am learning it now). So at first I woke up at 5 to 6 to do paath with my mum and learn how to say the words. I did this for around 2-3 weeks. Then I started to do japji sahib and chaupi sahib by myself. After doing it myself for a few weeks I slowly learnt how to say the words. I tried doing jaap sahib (as I find it really interesting) but the words were too hard to say. I tried doing anand sahib but I need to learn how to say the words of it so I stopped doing that. Also everyday since I have started I have done rehras sahib and kirtan sohila (well technically listened to it). I have only missed doing paath like for 2 or 3 days. 

Also: I HAVE NEVER EVER DONE SIMRAN, i try to say waheguru when ever I remember though

Usually in school days I have done it between 5 am and 7 am. But in the weekends or school holidays I usually do it when I wake up.

Also I usually do ardaas, and say to god "please take maya away, allow me to concentrate on the shabad so that I may say it with love". I also usually say "where ever I go I beg for you to make sure I remember waheguru all the time"