Jump to content

What's new after amrit?


Recommended Posts

I took holy Amrit several years ago. First i practiced 5 bani i.e japji, Jaap, swayae,  chaupai and anand. And rehras, sohila. Then i practised sukhmani along with Nitnem.

Then i read the whole of Guru Granth Sahib. This was awesome experience.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

Do you know how some people say :  Amrit is just the beginning' etc etc

what's after? 

If it is the beginning what other stuff can you try

Brother monatosingh jee,

the other stuff you are asking about, depends on what is one´s goal. 

If one has worldly pursuits, then, there are many different things to do or try.

But if one has Wahiguru Akal Purukh as our goal, then after Amrit, no need to look here or there for anything, just engage yourself faithfully in His bhakti, stay in His bhaana come whatever it may, and lastly keep a constant check  and fear in your mind, so that it may not force you to do any bad karam, for which one may get derailed from Sikhee, and thus one may not be able to look face to face to Wahiguru.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

After Amrit one should practice santhiya listen to Katha and have a deeper understanding of guru Granth sahib Jee and one should engage with Seva and vichar with fellow Sikhs and do Sangat of good not bad after amrit try and improve your journey to God by connecting yourself and others that's all veer jee.

Bhul chuk Muaaf 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Brother monatosingh jee,

the other stuff you are asking about, depends on what is one´s goal. 

If one has worldly pursuits, then, there are many different things to do or try.

But if one has Wahiguru Akal Purukh as our goal, then after Amrit, no need to look here or there for anything, just engage yourself faithfully in His bhakti, stay in His bhaana come whatever it may, and lastly keep a constant check  and fear in your mind, so that it may not force you to do any bad karam, for which one may get derailed from Sikhee, and thus one may not be able to look face to face to Wahiguru.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

10 hours ago, Damdamitaksaal84 said:

After Amrit one should practice santhiya listen to Katha and have a deeper understanding of guru Granth sahib Jee and one should engage with Seva and vichar with fellow Sikhs and do Sangat of good not bad after amrit try and improve your journey to God by connecting yourself and others that's all veer jee.

Bhul chuk Muaaf 

Thanks for the clarification :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

Do you know how some people say 

'Amrit is just the beginning' etc etc

what's after? 

If it is the beginning what other stuff can you try

Amrit is like putting on your dress for the long journey. Then what do you do after dressing up ? You get out and start the journey by actually walking . And one day you will reach your destination (waheguru).

After taking amrit, you're expected to do naam simran daily amrit vela , and nitnem for your own benefit and also maintain a respectable lifestyle free from vanity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After Amrit is the real deal... maximizing discipline, merge with god completely, developing a mindset like guru sahib, learning to live in the mud while remaining clean,and putting humanity before yourself.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Amrit is a confirmation of your 'death'. And your marriage to vaheguru. You give up yourself, your mind, body, soul and understand that vaheguru is in everything, everyone. You wake up during amritvela and focus your consciousness on the beauty of the creator and slowly you start falling in love with his play :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use