pooranmashi

hindu ritual as far as i know., notin to do with sikhi,

its a Full Moon!!

Its not a "HINDU RITUAL" as rsingh puts it.

Anything that doesn't fit in their own version of Sikhi its a hindu ritual... too much parnoid in Sikh Community....next thing you know someone comes along and say bikrami calendar is hindu ritual.

Pooran Mashi- Its a full-moon day where Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born as Jagat Guru.

Every month there is pooram mashi(full moon) at Nanaksar . They celebrate Guru Nanak Sahib birthday every month in pooramashi.

Damdami taksal, Nirmaley( Nanaksar, Rara sahib & & Sant Samaj) all reconginze this day and celebrate it.

and the purpose of eatin sweet things is?? besides gainin wait aand gettin dibeaties!

Guroo Nanak Dev ji Janam Purb, if we can call it that is actually in Vasakhi! the panth for some reason baked down to bramins and celebrate in november/december!

"bikrami calendar is hindu ritual."

and wat are u chattin about., we follow nanakshi Calander. :T: full moon rubbish is based on Hindu stuff. we dont belive in it.

exactly pooranmashi is a full moon, there fore anything associated like doin something only on full moon is ritual, HINDU RITUAL! therefore to me it dont matter.

rsingh before you claim bikrami calendar is Hindu Ritual.

Let me tell you how many sampardha's beleive in this Calendar.

- Damdami Taksal

- Nirmalaye and its sub branches- rara sahib, nanaksar, Harkhowalie

- Sant Samaj

- Nihangs.

- Seva panthis

- Niskham Jatha

And who beleives in Nanaksahi Calendar lets see ...all the new groups like:

SGPC (british created)

Akj

Sikh Missionary

Before you tell me Akaal takth decision on nanak sahib calendar .. i can tell you same that Akaal takth who was controlled by Budda dal and other sampardha beleived in Bikrami Calendar for 150 yrs.

What do you choose modern times jatha or something puratan?

Choice is yours.

Whatever your choice may be. Lets not insult other sampardha who beleive in Bikrami Calendar calling it "Hindu Ritual"

Learn to live and let live. !

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, I have not come across any evidence of Guru ji being born on pooranmashi. This seems to be a story made up followers of full moon.

Celebrating a full moon is significant in hindu tradition, not sikh religion. As far as Gurbani is concerned a good day or auspicious day is when you remember Naam, a bad day is when you dont.

Pooranmashi was used by gursikhs for its light benefits, not anything else. For example sants celebrate it. The Akal Thakt maryada is against this. Some sants quote Baba Attar Singh ji celebrating it. This is untrue. Baba Attar singh ji Mastuanewale was a lover of bani. He held a rainsbhai keertan every month. This was held on pooranmashi purely due to their being more light, and easier for sangat to come and do seva. Nowadays sant followers have stopped the rainsbhais, and many are very anti them. However they have attached to the pooranmashi. This is indictive of our decline from Gurbani abyass to general ritualism and superstition. Another example of this is joths. They were used for light at night during akhand paths, but nowadays some people are superstitious about them.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!