If Guru Gobind Singh Ji stopped the caste system in Sikhi then why do people still mention it?

Guest Kaur 2

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I am really confused because Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj said that in Sikhi there is no caste system so why do people still mention: Jatt etc especially in films I mean you get films called: Jatt & Juliet and this makes me wonder why people still hold on to this mindframe. We are all equal in Sikhi so why the castes? I don't believe in this sort of unfair mindset. I did not mean to offend anyone that was not my intention.

VJKK VJKF                         :waheguru:

15 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

Jatt etc especially in films I mean you get films called: Jatt & Juliet and this makes me wonder why people still hold on to this mindframe.

To make money, that’s why. They know there’s people out there that will carry on falling for the stereotypical caste based songs and movies, so they try to make a profit from it. The people that go to see the movies are brainwashed by it all aswell. 

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

So is it bad if we listen/watch films/songs that are all about caste? May seem like a silly question but I am talking about it in sikhi aspects.

VJKK VJKF

13 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

So is it bad if we listen/watch films/songs that are all about caste? May seem like a silly question but I am talking about it in sikhi aspects.

VJKK VJKF

On tv, there isn’t really much you can do about watching/listening to them if they pop up, but you can switch the channel.  If you ask yourself, what’s the point in listening or watching them, you’ll get your answer. Will you benefit anything from them? 

On 07/10/2017 at 8:56 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I am really confused because Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj said that in Sikhi there is no caste system so why do people still mention: Jatt etc especially in films I mean you get films called: Jatt & Juliet and this makes me wonder why people still hold on to this mindframe. We are all equal in Sikhi so why the castes? I don't believe in this sort of unfair mindset. I did not mean to offend anyone that was not my intention.

VJKK VJKF                         :waheguru:

The name of this thread says it all. 

Answer: Because Sikhs of Today have made up their own weird religion, because they think the Guru isn't actually here and because of ego.

Sikhism today is ridiculous and so far from the Sikh Bhagti path the Guru's taught. 

9 hours ago, Guest Sat said:

Because Sikhs of Today have made up their own weird religion,

A lot of people are stuck in this culture aspect of it. They keep carrying on the cultural practices, which make no sense at all and no consequence. They are programmed like a computer to follow that and if they don’t, then it’s like some crime has been committed ?.  The ones that are so absorbed into caste think they are the good and righteous ones, and viewing others as inferior to themselves, because they are so used to thinking that’s what keeps them together and strong. But little do they know about the qualities of a person. 

• 4 months later...
Guest Vir Davinder singh

Guru Amardas Ji A true Sikh have faith in gurbani and fake sikh used guru sahib to only show off for their fake identity and society, which is also a group of fake peoples

Screenshot_20180224-225030.jpg

Screenshot_20180224-225030.jpg

People actually follow media more than religion. 

Songs spread faster and are listened to more often than other religious  shabads or katha. 

Their lyrics and tunes are more catching.  So you become what you listen to and sing too. This is what is happening to people. 

During Gurujis time, the power of Guruji waa there to guide people and unite them. 

• The topic was locked