Feel like I'm cheating in this life?

Guest kaurrr

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh Sangat Ji

I don't want to make out that I am in a really tough situation, but it is definitely a unique one of which I have never found someone else in before, but I'll spare the details. The complete obliviousness of my future worries me so much.

I feel as though, in comparison to every individual Amritdhari Sikh in this world, I have absolutely no knowledge of Sikhi, of our culture, of general etiquette, just everything. Not only that, but I feel as though in comparison to everyone else in this world I have achieved nothing, I have not learnt any skills, I have no true long-term interests or passions, I have no achievements, I have no discipline - I have really wasted this life, and I'm really worried of the consequences that are to ensue.

I definitely have come out of certain experiences in the most positive way possible, but I genuinely am not being humble when I say I am nothing. There is simply nothing to me

I'm not sure if I'm crying out for help, or waiting for someone to slap me into gear because at the rate I'm going I will never be able to begin my Gursikhi Jeevan with a family of my own - and at this moment in time, this scares me the most! The only way I can think of fixing my wrongdoings is by teaching my children not to make the same mistakes as me.

I genuinely can't believe I'm sitting here wasting my time again and again. I see a picture of Sants and I cry because I know Vaheguru is disappointed in me.

Any thoughts?

VJKK VJKF

As long as you love Vaheguru whole-heartedly its never too late to start walking on the Path of the Saints. I can't really say anything as I am only 13 but I have struggled ever so much on this Path. Here is some Vaheguru simran to get you started. Please do listen to it. It is so beautiful.

Please watch all these videos. And penji I am with you all the way. I believe you can do it. Do an ardas to Vaheguru and I will guarantee he will listen to you. Please share any thing else you wish.

VJKK VJKF

15 hours ago, Guest kaurrr said:

I don't want to make out that I am in a really tough situation, but it is definitely a unique one of which I have never found someone else in before, but I'll spare the details. The complete obliviousness of my future worries me so much.

I feel as though, in comparison to every individual Amritdhari Sikh in this world, I have absolutely no knowledge of Sikhi, of our culture, of general etiquette, just everything. Not only that, but I feel as though in comparison to everyone else in this world I have achieved nothing, I have not learnt any skills, I have no true long-term interests or passions, I have no achievements, I have no discipline - I have really wasted this life, and I'm really worried of the consequences that are to ensue.

I definitely have come out of certain experiences in the most positive way possible, but I genuinely am not being humble when I say I am nothing. There is simply nothing to me

I'm not sure if I'm crying out for help, or waiting for someone to slap me into gear because at the rate I'm going I will never be able to begin my Gursikhi Jeevan with a family of my own - and at this moment in time, this scares me the most! The only way I can think of fixing my wrongdoings is by teaching my children not to make the same mistakes as me.

I genuinely can't believe I'm sitting here wasting my time again and again. I see a picture of Sants and I cry because I know Vaheguru is disappointed in me.

Any thoughts?

Waheguru is not disappointed in you.

You are not the only one that does not have much knowledge of Sikhi. Everybody is learning on their own spiritual journeys. Nobody knows it all, and nobody is perfect. 

As long as there is love inside yourself for God and the urge for learning, that’s all that matters. You can organise yourself so that you give yourself the chance to watch videos, listen to audio etc. 

15 hours ago, Guest kaurrr said:

I see a picture of Sants and I cry because I know Vaheguru is disappointed in me.

This alone, shows the yearning you have for Sikhi. If you didn’t feel this, you wouldn’t be bothered about it. You should do sangat of other Amritdharis, as it makes a difference of what type of sangat you are with too. 

The love and faith has to come from within you. I think you are feeling empty and not worthy of not being knowledgeable of everything. But instead of dwelling on it, be proud of what you do know and work towards the other goals as and when they approach you. But don’t just expect somebody to come along and help you, you have to help yourself too, take the steps yourself. Don’t rush into it though, do it at a comfortable pace, so you do take on board of what you are learning and that you are doing it because you want to. 

On 10/10/2017 at 8:29 PM, Guest kaurrr said:

Any thoughts?

Work hard, support your own life, be a good soul, do bandgi- good deeds etc. 

Read gurbani and apply it to your daily life. Live your life and live it Truthfully and well. 

Marriage may come n it may not. Look for a partner, look for the right person for you. 

I used to look at the pics and cry aswell because i was a waster. 

Realise why u are here, why u were born. Be Happy and enjoy your life. It's too short to be sad and negative all the time.