Friends

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I have 2 problems. My friends at school are Sikh. They are very supportive of me practising to take amrit. The only problem is that they swear (a lot). I am really close to them and I can trust them with everything. There aren't any other Sikhs and especially not any practising Sikhs.

My second problem is that in my school there is a year7 girl (I am in year9) I feel so sorry for her because I think she has cancer and she is in a wheelchair. She has no friends. She is so sweet because she is always so positive and even though she has been through a lot of pain she is still so happy. At lunch, I went to talk to her and she made me feel so happy. I felt like crying because she was so sweet but because she is in a wheelchair no-one wants to be seen around her. I was deeply touched and I wanted to be around this girl more. People were looking at me weird because I was talking to her. I fully ignored them and I feel so much love for this poor little girl I felt like we were sisters. I was almost about to cry, I felt so sorry for her... Please tell me what I should do.

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

The year 7 girl isn't a Sikh but when I spoke to her she told me she had brain cancer and had undergone 12 operations. I couldn't help but cry. This girl was so nice. I have just noticed now but Vaheguru gives himmat to the people who are suffering the most. I will try to speak to her again.

VJKK VJKF

Let me tell you one thing. I went to boarding school when I was young. I learned a lot of swearing because I was in the Sangat of students who swear in almost every other sentence. Even though I do not wanted to use bad language but it will rub on you if you stay with them. They were very nice friends.

In your case, Do you need to cut them off? Probably not. I agree with sikhinthemaking but do not get habit of swearing and see if you can bring change into their habit by suggesting them to speak mitha (sweet language). 

No matter what you do, please keep hanging with the little girl who went thru so much that nobody can even dream of going thru that terrible terrible stage. I would suggest you to become a regular friend of her but don’t become a friend because of pity. Consider this as sewa given to you by waheguru ji.

22 minutes ago, SikhInTheMaking said:

Ive never understood why it seems like the most genuinely nice people go through a hard time in life or suffer health problems but ive been told that its to do with our karma and that we should keep faith in waheguru. 

Yes it’s due to karms. Everybody comes into this world with their own karm. 

On 19/10/2017 at 7:43 AM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

People were looking at me weird because I was talking to her.

Let them look, and be proud that you’re talking to her. Just because somebody has a disability or is different than the others, doesn’t mean they don’t have emotions the same as everybody else. You’ll probably learn a lot more from her as she’s got better experience of life’s ups and downs. If she’s ever picked on, or treated differently, then you help her.