(To be updated) My Sikhi right now.

WJKK WJKF 

I am blessed with amrit next week (on Saturday).

How I got past my mum saying no: I figured if I kept asking her then it would be in her authority, but actually it isn't. The Panj Pyare (Guru's saroop) do not care what your parents think because it is YOU that is taking amrit, not them. What I did was I told her instead of asked her. I told her I am taking amrit. The best reaction was my cousin and my grandma because they were supportive.

I am a 16 year old Singh who got into Sikhi at the age of 14 in 2015. I was quite basic, I wore a simple patka and still ate meat. I gradually came started accepting very basic Sikhi principles such as not eating meat, not shaving etc.

In 2016 I wore a dumalla, stopped eating meat and stopped shaving. I started to do paat a little (only japji sahib). I went to a Sikhi camp which improved my knowledge on topics like Shaheed Singhs and Ancient Sikhi.

In 2017 I became more used to Sikhi and more strict. I started accepting the rehat of Akal Takht. This included not eating products with gelatine or egg. I woke up at amritvela to do panj baniaa and did rehras and kirtan sohila. My life changed significantly by this and I will share further experiences because I will unlock the full blessings later.

My journey does not end here though! This month is my amrit sanchar. I am officially going to apart of the Khalsa. This is the beginning of the campaign on a game, the start of my very own timeline, my first words ever said but most importantly I am going to give my head to the Guru!

At some times, I will feel so excited about Sikhi. I will feel quite chardikala and it's something that I wish stays with me all the time because if I feel this regularly, what will I have to worry about with the modern society?

And one thing I need to remember is that amrit is the beginning to everything.

(I am going to update this soon and I will notify everyone when I have taken amrit, if anyone needs anything or wants to ask questions about anything sikhi related feel free to)

1 minute ago, simran345 said:

Best wishes to you for next week, bet you’re excited about it. 

I am so impatient. I really wish it was tomorrow lol

Once the wait is over I got to go get them Indian sweets ready :D

Thanks for the wishes :)

Just now, SikhInTheMaking said:

Congrats on your decision and staying strong! I think I could learn a lesson or 2 from you 

Look forward to hearing more from you - very inspiring!

I'd be glad to teach some Sikhi seeing I haven't done it in quite a while.

Thank you :)

7 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Gurbar Akaal!

7 hours ago, Kira said:

Go Go Go...May Waheguru bless you and keep you on the right course of life.

6 hours ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Congratulations to you singh ji only I wish I could've taken Amrit (Amrit sanchar tomorrow at my local gurdwara) but it's all maharaj's hukam. Please do update this post to let us know more about it thank you ? 

5 hours ago, Singh559 said:

Chardikala!

Thank you so much! Waheguru kirpa karan

Quick update:

My Amrit sanchar is tomorrow.

For those who didn't get the chance to take amrit this time, there is still one next week:

Saturday, 4.30 PM (arrive earlier)!

Guru Nanak Gurdwara - Smethwick

Full Ishnaan (including kes) 

Contact the Gurdwara for more information.