I want to leave sikhi, but come back into it later

Guest Singhhhhh

Guest Singhhhhh

I know sikhi isn’t a top, which I can take off and put it back on later. I don’t mean to offend anybody!

I took Amrit on my 14th birthday and tbh life before that was amazing. (Btw I am 17 now) I loved the attention off girls and family members, friends etc telling me that me and my older brother are very good looking. (I was a mona and all my family apart from my grandmother are patits)

After taking Amrit, obviously I looked different. It was hard to suddenly stop getting all that attention. I read a post on here that was pretty much basically like my life, how my family isn’t amritdhari and that person used to get loads of comments too. I’m  a strong amritdhari, and I still do my baniya now. But I just miss that attention. I have been to the gurdwara and many of the girls there say that I have nice eyes etc but tbh I want more. 

I feel like I’m ugly. When I look in the mirror I just don’t feel the same. I don’t like the way I look, I don’t like the sort of bushy eyebrows. Every time I get a comment in school or I here off my friends that a girl thinks I’m attractive or everytime I speak to a girl it makes me want to cut my hair.

i feel like I’m too young, and later on in life I want to go back into sikhi. Honestly I know that life won’t be amazing when I have cut my hair. But I feel like after I have experienced something I have been craving for years, it will make my sikhi stronger. I don’t want this thought in my head for the rest of my life that life could have been way more exciting and better when I was younger.

I’ve come here for advice. And I am ready to hear it. Harsh or not.

i am still amritdhari and I have not committed a bajjar kurheit 

VJKK VJKF

Veerji I felt like crying whilst reading your post... I have been waiting YEARS to take amrit but my parents aren't letting me, you don't understand my pain. You have been blessed with amrit and are you just going waste this opportunity? And also how can you look ugly in your Guru's roop? These are the very last lines of Khalsa Mahima.

ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ ॥ jab lag khhalasa rehae niara While the Khalsa stays true,
ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਕੀਉ ਮੈਂ ਸਾਰਾ ॥ thab lag thaej keeo main sara I will offer my full support
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੈ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ ॥ jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth When they follow the ways of others,
ਮੈਂ ਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ॥ main n karon ein kee pratheeth I will withdraw my assistance from them.

Guru Ji's first lines: You have blessed, you are part of the Khalsa. And Guru Ji has dedicated a whole bani towards you! Does it really matter what girls think of you? I am a girl and I know that I don't look at appearance and to be honest I would much rather fall for a boy with the Guru's roop.          PLEASE VEERJI I AM BEGGING YOU, PLEASE DO NOT CUT YOUR KES!!! Read the bani of Khalsa Mahima yourself. Does it matter what girls think of you. I don't even care what my parents think of me. I only care about what Vaheguru thinks of me. Keep everything you have been blessed with because you don't know if you can ever feel love for Vaheguru and Vaheguru is testing you!!! Don't let Vaheguru down if he is testing you which he is, but show your respect for Him. These are the first lines to Khalsa Mahima. 

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਖ਼ਾਸ ॥ khalsa maero roop hai khhas Khalsa is my true form
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਮਹਿ ਹੌ ਕਰੌ ਨਿਵਾਸ ॥ khalsa mehi ho karo nivas Within the Khalsa, I abide
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਮ੝ਖ ਹੈ ਅੰਗਾ ॥ khalsa maero mukh hai anga Khalsa is my main support
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਕੇ ਹੌਂ ਸਦ ਸਦ ਸੰਗਾ॥ khalsae kae hon sadh sadh sanga I am always with the Khalsa
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਇਸ਼† ਸ੝ਹਿਰਦ ॥ khhalasa maero eisht suhiradh

My Khalsa is dear and sincere

VJKK VJKF

You should try to get attention for the right reasons and even though I haven't even met you I still feel as if you are my older brother since you are 17 and I am only 13. Still develop that love with your Guru and then nothing else in the world matters especially not girls. Guru Ji has already found a girl for you in your life so just leave it all to Guru Ji. Try to be a role model for boys your age and as I said before, Vaheguru is testing you so do not let Him down and the 5 chor are entering your body so try to stop them now before its too late and you end up doing things that you will regret. (eg cutting your kes)

VJKK VJKF

So what kind of girl do you think you will land by being a mona? Do you think she will recommend sikhi to you? 

We came into the world for a totally different reason.  Read sehaj path regularly and strengthen your relationship with God. Nothing in this world is true..... remember. 

No bhagat or Guru ji ever said they will pause their sikhi and come back to it. The sahibzadhe, young as they were gave their lives. Didn't they want all the nice girls promised to them?

Every breath is precious.  Fill it with gurbani. Do not waste your time.  Enjoy bhagti dha rass, not praises and dispraise from the world.

If you leave Sikhi now, you don't normally take amrit again you go for pesh. 

I heard AKJ panj are strict on pesh.

You are not to be hanging around bad sangat in the first place.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji says not to listen to public opinion.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji made you stand out!

If you still want to leave Sikhi, it's your call. You will be to blame if you mess up. (If you start drinking or smoking in that phase then it will be hard to give up and you won't feel like getting back into Sikhi because it will be hard!)

Please read the posts above too. 

Sikhi saves lives.

Think about the example you will be setting to those who look up to you and want to become into Sikhi too.

To take Amrit is a sacred act and you did it at a VERY young age of 14. I think and believe that one must be fully prepared to accept Amrit. the one who desires to take Amrit should lead a life of Amritdhari Gursukh and experience the discipline of an Amritdhari Gursikh. I am sure you have a full devotion to the teachings of Sikh Gurus and you want to lead life according to them. Try to learn more about Gurbani and the spiritual message It conveys to human beings. Later when you and you alone think that you are ready to lead Amritdhari Gursikh, go to a Gurdwara and do an Ardass asking for forgiveness and request for inspiration for being a Gursikh. There is definitely no need to take Amrit for the second time. God bless you!59eca07e9a444_RabbRaakha.jpg.e9d833ac4ef28f8d51cffc771e5f1fe4.jpg

Rabb Raakha.jpg

Rabb Raakha.jpg