I want to leave sikhi, but come back into it later

Guest Singhhhhh

Guest Female Perspective

Right now you're going through a normal phase of life where the priorities are about looks, popularity and other achievements in comparison to your peers .

But this is just a phase. Think about where it will get you long term. Sure you can become a mona for the experience of it. But will you be able to get back Sikhi? Because it's a gift, so are you certain GuruJi will give you this gift again?  What experiences as a mona will enrich your life?  When you are 40 years old will you be able to look back and think " being a mona bought great experiences into my life" or will you think " I wasted time, I could have done without all that nonsense that came along with being a mona"

Don't worry about girls.  Biologically, women will choose a resourceful man over a good looking man. So doesn't matter how good looking you are if you don't have the resources to support a family, she will not consider you as a possible mate. And I doubt girls your age are looking to marry right away. So why waste  time  with all of it?   And don't worry about growing older. There is nothing you are missing out. It is all just hype and over rated nonsense. Instead try to make yourself so strong and worthy that your self esteem comes from within. Not from outside and other people. 

If you do cut your hair and decide to become a mona,  do not give up bani.

VJKK VJKF

Please do reply and tell us your decision veerji. We won't judge we are here to help lead you on the right path. It is your choice if you do or don't want to tell us but... we are always here for you veerji. ^_^

VJKK VJKF   :waheguru:

Just making a point but surely when girls comment about you it makes you hankari (egoistic) so I would surround myself with good sangat not with sangat that will activate your hankar (ego) and kaam (lust). I know its hard but you should feel so much love for Vaheguru that girls ill look up to you and want to be more like you. Here, listen to this Vaheguru simran, it is really beautiful, more beautiful than any girl you will ever meet.

BoS_Intro_Vaheguru_Simran_(Sikh_meditation)_-_Qi-Rattan_(04_12_16).mp3

Guest Singhhhh
10 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Veerji I felt like crying whilst reading your post... I have been waiting YEARS to take amrit but my parents aren't letting me, you don't understand my pain. You have been blessed with amrit and are you just going waste this opportunity? And also how can you look ugly in your Guru's roop? These are the very last lines of Khalsa Mahima.

ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ ॥ jab lag khhalasa rehae niara While the Khalsa stays true,
ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਕੀਉ ਮੈਂ ਸਾਰਾ ॥ thab lag thaej keeo main sara I will offer my full support
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੈ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ ॥ jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth When they follow the ways of others,
ਮੈਂ ਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ॥ main n karon ein kee pratheeth I will withdraw my assistance from them.

Guru Ji's first lines: You have blessed, you are part of the Khalsa. And Guru Ji has dedicated a whole bani towards you! Does it really matter what girls think of you? I am a girl and I know that I don't look at appearance and to be honest I would much rather fall for a boy with the Guru's roop.          PLEASE VEERJI I AM BEGGING YOU, PLEASE DO NOT CUT YOUR KES!!! Read the bani of Khalsa Mahima yourself. Does it matter what girls think of you. I don't even care what my parents think of me. I only care about what Vaheguru thinks of me. Keep everything you have been blessed with because you don't know if you can ever feel love for Vaheguru and Vaheguru is testing you!!! Don't let Vaheguru down if he is testing you which he is, but show your respect for Him. These are the first lines to Khalsa Mahima. 

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਖ਼ਾਸ ॥ khalsa maero roop hai khhas Khalsa is my true form
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਮਹਿ ਹੌ ਕਰੌ ਨਿਵਾਸ ॥ khalsa mehi ho karo nivas Within the Khalsa, I abide
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਮ੝ਖ ਹੈ ਅੰਗਾ ॥ khalsa maero mukh hai anga Khalsa is my main support
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਕੇ ਹੌਂ ਸਦ ਸਦ ਸੰਗਾ॥ khalsae kae hon sadh sadh sanga I am always with the Khalsa
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਇਸ਼† ਸ੝ਹਿਰਦ ॥ khhalasa maero eisht suhiradh

My Khalsa is dear and sincere

Wow penji, I can really feel the prem in your post. It really makes me feel like crap, that you are desiring to taste Amrit so much, that you don’t even care what your parents think only what waheguru thinks, and I’m here after tasting Amrit and wanting to give it up so easily. You have really made me see sikhi in a different way. I didn’t even realise that all this time, going through all this stuff, is just a test. And I feel ASHAMED by still saying that I don’t think I will be able to keep up with the rehat. I just wished I went to an amritdhari school, where everybody was a gursikh and in one roop!!!! But really penji, with the all the time you spent, sending pics and writing on this forum. I feel like you’re  a God send. And also at such a young age. Even though it might not seem as much coming from me, a gursikh thinking of leaving sikhi, I pray that maharaj will bless you with Amrit, and NEVER put you in the situation I am in. But before taking Amrit, (but I’m sure you are) make sure you are 100% sure. Tbh I just wish that I took amrit at an older age. But no one is the same. Your karam could be amazing compared to mine. And you seem like you have the prem to keep Amrit and rehat from the age 13 to your last breath. Thank you so much penji

VJKK VJKF

1 hour ago, Guest Singhhhh said:

Wow penji, I can really feel the prem in your post. It really makes me feel like crap, that you are desiring to taste Amrit so much, that you don’t even care what your parents think only what waheguru thinks, and I’m here after tasting Amrit and wanting to give it up so easily. You have really made me see sikhi in a different way. I didn’t even realise that all this time, going through all this stuff, is just a test. And I feel ASHAMED by still saying that I don’t think I will be able to keep up with the rehat. I just wished I went to an amritdhari school, where everybody was a gursikh and in one roop!!!! But really penji, with the all the time you spent, sending pics and writing on this forum. I feel like you’re  a God send. And also at such a young age. Even though it might not seem as much coming from me, a gursikh thinking of leaving sikhi, I pray that maharaj will bless you with Amrit, and NEVER put you in the situation I am in. But before taking Amrit, (but I’m sure you are) make sure you are 100% sure. Tbh I just wish that I took amrit at an older age. But no one is the same. Your karam could be amazing compared to mine. And you seem like you have the prem to keep Amrit and rehat from the age 13 to your last breath. Thank you so much penji

Veerji, I can help you if you are ever in a bad situation. But the first person you should ALWAYS go to is Vaheguru. Beauty has no meaning in this world and girls will be girls, they will just use boys and then move onto the next one. Even I don't go to a amritdhari school veerji and there are absolutely NO practising Sikhs. Of course I get teased all the time and I get called names by boys and girls alike. But what they say to me has no meaning nor any value. It goes in through one ear and out the other. The only person who I fully love in this world, who I would die for, would be Vaheguru. He is so beautiful but no-one sees His beauty but they get engrossed in worldly beauty that is there to test us. We should love everyone but love and lust are 2 different things I am not saying that you are lusting over someone but in my school all the boys and girls are in a relationship. Apart from me. Breaking away from the demands of society is not an easy thing but conforming into society is the easiest and as Sikhs of the Guru we should pass this test easily. The whole world is false veerji but only Vaheguru is true. All these girls will only end up hurting you veerji and they will just use you. Vaheguru has a girl specially for you that you will get married to. The fruit of patience is sweet veerji. Please don't leave your amrit please. I look up to you. I do understand where you are coming from too but just think: Any action that you take in life will Guru Ji approve of it? You have been separated from your father so join back with Him. He gave up his Chaar Sahibzaade for you! Is that not enough? Then Guru Ji said: Chaar muaer toh kya hooa jeevat kahi hazar. Translation: So what if I gave up my 4 sons there will be many more taking birth in the future and they too are my children. This father is Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj!

2 hours ago, Guest Singhhhh said:

I can really feel the prem in your post.

You are my older brother veerji so of course I would have prem for you. But you need to develop that prem for Vaheguru. Without prem for Vaheguru, you will never have prem for anyone else.

VJKK VJKF

Listen to Bhai Jagraj Singh also:

There are Amritdharis advising you wisely and there are those that are yearning for Amrit also advising you wisely. Surely this means something, don’t do something that you will regret later. 

Don’t let the negative thoughts come near you, be strong and fight them away. Ask Guruji to help you to stay on their path.