I want to leave sikhi, but come back into it later

Guest Singhhhhh

VJKK VJKF

The world will never change it's ways, society will keep judging people based on their appearance so is this what you want to go through? Listen to Sukhmani Sahib, it will bring you peace and help to control your feelings.

This is really beautiful because it is a gayan. Veerji and everybody else please listen to it. It is so beautiful.

Do not worry veerji if you are struggling then do paath and Vaheguru will make life a whole lot easier for you, just keep faith in your Guru Pita. Never lose faith. Stay attached to only 2 things in life wholeheartedly: Paath and Vaheguru. All other works are of no use. You are the Guru's son, how can you bring yourself to do this to your father when he gave shaheedi for you and so did his whole family, his whole family gave shaheedi for you... The rest is up to you.

VJKK VJKF

• 2 years later...
On 10/22/2017 at 11:46 AM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Veerji I felt like crying whilst reading your post... I have been waiting YEARS to take amrit but my parents aren't letting me, you don't understand my pain. You have been blessed with amrit and are you just going waste this opportunity? And also how can you look ugly in your Guru's roop? These are the very last lines of Khalsa Mahima.

ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ ॥ jab lag khhalasa rehae niara While the Khalsa stays true,
ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਕੀਉ ਮੈਂ ਸਾਰਾ ॥ thab lag thaej keeo main sara I will offer my full support
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੈ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ ॥ jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth When they follow the ways of others,
ਮੈਂ ਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ॥ main n karon ein kee pratheeth I will withdraw my assistance from them.

Guru Ji's first lines: You have blessed, you are part of the Khalsa. And Guru Ji has dedicated a whole bani towards you! Does it really matter what girls think of you? I am a girl and I know that I don't look at appearance and to be honest I would much rather fall for a boy with the Guru's roop.          PLEASE VEERJI I AM BEGGING YOU, PLEASE DO NOT CUT YOUR KES!!! Read the bani of Khalsa Mahima yourself. Does it matter what girls think of you. I don't even care what my parents think of me. I only care about what Vaheguru thinks of me. Keep everything you have been blessed with because you don't know if you can ever feel love for Vaheguru and Vaheguru is testing you!!! Don't let Vaheguru down if he is testing you which he is, but show your respect for Him. These are the first lines to Khalsa Mahima. 

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਖ਼ਾਸ ॥ khalsa maero roop hai khhas Khalsa is my true form
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਮਹਿ ਹੌ ਕਰੌ ਨਿਵਾਸ ॥ khalsa mehi ho karo nivas Within the Khalsa, I abide
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਮ੝ਖ ਹੈ ਅੰਗਾ ॥ khalsa maero mukh hai anga Khalsa is my main support
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਕੇ ਹੌਂ ਸਦ ਸਦ ਸੰਗਾ॥ khalsae kae hon sadh sadh sanga I am always with the Khalsa
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਇਸ਼† ਸ੝ਹਿਰਦ ॥ khhalasa maero eisht suhiradh

My Khalsa is dear and sincere

WELL SAID.. IT IS SO SWEET OF YOU, GUEST KAUR JI ..

It is not easy to think the way you do...you are truly in love with Waheguru..

And yes, I agree Waheguru is testing us and most of us fail the test..

We should not worry about what anyone things.. All we should we care about what Waheguru ji think of us..

It is not that easy but Hath jod key Parnaam to those who are walking on that path :)

On 10/22/2017 at 3:29 PM, sikhni777 said:

So what kind of girl do you think you will land by being a mona? Do you think she will recommend sikhi to you? 

We came into the world for a totally different reason.  Read sehaj path regularly and strengthen your relationship with God. Nothing in this world is true..... remember. 

No bhagat or Guru ji ever said they will pause their sikhi and come back to it. The sahibzadhe, young as they were gave their lives. Didn't they want all the nice girls promised to them?

Every breath is precious.  Fill it with gurbani. Do not waste your time.  Enjoy bhagti dha rass, not praises and dispraise from the world.

Amazing reply...

Guest Harinder Singh

I want to share my story, if it helps anyone.

My name is Harinder Singh, I am 47 years old. I came to Canada when I was 24 years old, I was a pakka sikh. The first thing I did (2 days after landing) was to shave off completely. My logic at that time was that i should try to fit in and look like everyone else (whatever that means). I spent 19 years trying to fit in.

At my last job (with one of Canada's largest companies), I did very well. My boss did very well because of my targets being achieved and what not. One day my boss decided to retire. Her position became open and was advertised. I decided to apply for that role. I did not succeed. When the hiring process was complete I found out that a guy who had far less experience than me, much lesser education and who was kicked out of his previous employment for performance related issues had been hired over me. This came as a shocker to me and changed my life for good. I thought to myself:

1. When a human being had to decide who to pick, they picked someone who was their own (in color) without any consideration to merit.

Whereas when it came to me the first person whose gift\identity I kicked out of my life was that of my guru's. I felt that the Director who had hired the other person over me is someone whom i should learn from.................

That day onwards I decided I will become a sikh again. In 2017 Guru Gobind Singh ji blessed me with Amrit. I have full facial hair. I can tell you that i have progressed more in my life since 2017 (3 years) in comparison to the previous 20 years. It is also important to mention the support i got from my wife and my 2 kids who are born here. Their one line support to me was, "Do what your heart says, we love you the way you are and your identity does not matter to us. You should feel comfortable." 

Khalsa is about character. Develop a good character, get rid of your vices, become a good human being. Be proud of yourself. Focus your energy on how to be a better human being.

Youre still too young for marriage and wanted attention usually not a positive thing. Build your jivan and kamai and when youre more mature to look past appearances. A suitable match will come into your life. Up til marriage age, its about building your jivan up in a multitude of ways both worldy and spirtually. Also what are you going to get from the attention of a 17 yo girl, what does she have to offer other than social media and high school problems