I want to leave sikhi, but come back into it later

Guest Singhhhhh

On 10/22/2017 at 6:46 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Veerji I felt like crying whilst reading your post... I have been waiting YEARS to take amrit but my parents aren't letting me, you don't understand my pain. You have been blessed with amrit and are you just going waste this opportunity? And also how can you look ugly in your Guru's roop? These are the very last lines of Khalsa Mahima.

ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ ॥ jab lag khhalasa rehae niara While the Khalsa stays true,
ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਕੀਉ ਮੈਂ ਸਾਰਾ ॥ thab lag thaej keeo main sara I will offer my full support
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੈ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ ॥ jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth When they follow the ways of others,
ਮੈਂ ਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ॥ main n karon ein kee pratheeth I will withdraw my assistance from them.

Guru Ji's first lines: You have blessed, you are part of the Khalsa. And Guru Ji has dedicated a whole bani towards you! Does it really matter what girls think of you? I am a girl and I know that I don't look at appearance and to be honest I would much rather fall for a boy with the Guru's roop.          PLEASE VEERJI I AM BEGGING YOU, PLEASE DO NOT CUT YOUR KES!!! Read the bani of Khalsa Mahima yourself. Does it matter what girls think of you. I don't even care what my parents think of me. I only care about what Vaheguru thinks of me. Keep everything you have been blessed with because you don't know if you can ever feel love for Vaheguru and Vaheguru is testing you!!! Don't let Vaheguru down if he is testing you which he is, but show your respect for Him. These are the first lines to Khalsa Mahima. 

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਖ਼ਾਸ ॥ khalsa maero roop hai khhas Khalsa is my true form
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਮਹਿ ਹੌ ਕਰੌ ਨਿਵਾਸ ॥ khalsa mehi ho karo nivas Within the Khalsa, I abide
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਮ੝ਖ ਹੈ ਅੰਗਾ ॥ khalsa maero mukh hai anga Khalsa is my main support
ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਕੇ ਹੌਂ ਸਦ ਸਦ ਸੰਗਾ॥ khalsae kae hon sadh sadh sanga I am always with the Khalsa
ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੋ ਇਸ਼† ਸ੝ਹਿਰਦ ॥ khhalasa maero eisht suhiradh

My Khalsa is dear and sincere

wjkk wjkf ji

I admire your reply to our veer ji who is in difficult situation. I totally agree to it.

just one thing I want to mention here, we all go through a difficult time at some point or some of us on many occasions. Just Keep doing ardaas every day.

getting attention from many is a trap, it only feels good to fulfil all those desires at the time but it brings 10 times more "Dukh" takes away your piece of mind which many people face in their life and doesn't make you any special, every lusty desire in a young life is a direct call to many troubles mentally, financially and socially . you can either learn hard way via experiencing them or listen to the Guru and have a smooth life. staying with guru is special. you're only 17, very young age to be wise but you will realise this when you are over 25.  

my request is please hang in there and Stay connected to the Guru Maharaj ji. 

wjkk wjkf ji

Let's state the obvious, which has nothing to do with Sikhi. 

You're 17,you're a teenager. Every single teenager, regardless of their religious background, has worries about their appearance and interaction with the opposite sex. You may look at yourself in the mirror and hate what you see, but when you're 35, you'll look back at photos and wonder why you had all those hang ups when you can't see them at all. It might be that people are attracted to you because of your turban. 

If it's attention you want, you could experiment with fashion. I have a mama who matches his turban to his shirt and looks really stylish. Play with pagh colours and methods of tying it. You don't have to wear bana all the time. 

Finally, work on your social skills and how you interact with people. Attraction isn't all about appearances, personalities are attractive too. There are several books out there (the game, the social skills guidebook) that can help. 

Good luck. 

Guest Question4You

You are planing to leave sikhi and come back later, seems like plan.

However, do you know for sure that you will tomorrow or the next minute?

If you are answer is yes, do as you please. If your answer is no, then rethink and also ask yourself this:

Baba Fateh Singh Ji became Shaheed, so that we can live as sikhs.

Mothers and their babies became Shaheed in Meer manus Jail, so that we can live as Sikhs

Read the the Shaheedi of Shaheed Bhai Kulwant Singh Ji Nakoke, Shaheed Bhai Anokh Singh Ji

Wake up, and get yourself together 

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh

"I want to leave Sikhi and come back to it later" is just like saying I want to have my cake and eat it too.....................whenever I feel like it - even if it's 2 and half weeks time. 

But guess what ? There's no guarantee your cake is still going to be sitting there waiting for you while your gone and, even it still is, there's no guarantee your'e gonna come back to it as a young lean healthy person and not a fat bloke who should not be in a relationship with a cake. 

Whatever demons you're fighting inside your head now are still going to be there once you decide to "come back to sikhi". I find it strange how you think you can fight something that lives inside your own head by firstly moving away from Sikhi but hey....I don't know what goes on inside your head - only you do - so good luck with that.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 10/30/2020 at 11:32 AM, ipledgeblue said:

are we still replying to the original poster, since the thread was opened in 2017?

He wanted to leave Sikhi and come back to it "later".   Now is 'later'.  

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

I had to come back to this thread because it has so many interesting bani quotes about being the individuality of khalsa and not being a sheep.

I think people who are willing to break amrit just for someone else were never strong in their sooch to begin with. 

On 11/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

I think people who are willing to break amrit just for someone else were never strong in their sooch to begin with. 

how do you break amrit? I think you can be excommunicated for commiting kurahit or other things. However, breaking amrit thing seems more of a saying from certain newer sects and doesn't seem puraatan or traditional.