Whole Family Against Me Doing Bhagti - help

Singh2017

VJKK VJKF 

Sangat Ji, not 15 minutes ago did my mum have this crazy talk with me and these are some of the topics highlighted that she was speaking to me about. Some of the questions she started asking was like "do you dream about god?" "Can you see god?" She thinks I'm turning into some alien. I really don't know what to do. This is not the only test. The family one is a constant one but Maharaj tests me literally every single minute of everyday and that's not even a joke. It's getting so hard and unbearable but I won't lose faith in sikhi ever. It's really getting so tough and it's been like this for about 2 months. 

IMG_1010.PNG

2 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I am going through exactly the same thing! It must still be easier for you though veerji because you are 17 but I am 13 and I am considered as a baby. Just keep doing bani but do not give in. This is your test, you have to pass veerji. I don't live in London but I live in Birmingham but I am also really badly yearning to take amrit. All this bani that you do is making you stronger. Vaheguru is there for you every step of the way. I suggest doing some bir-rass bani but I don't know if you can do it whilst your mum is listening. Just be nice to your mum and when she shouts at you, put your head down and reply humbly, in this way your mum will start to feel bad and she will start to allow you. This will also help you become more humble. Do not take to heart what they say, just jaap Vaheguru in your mind the whole time. If you can jaap Vaheguru in your mind for at least half a day then you are doing well. Never stop doing your bani as this will be the only thing that will help you.

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

Hanji, Penji I'm always japping Waheguru no matter what I'm doing for well over half the day and I'm not going to stop anyway. Nothing stops for me it just makes it a lot harder and I hope Maharaj can do kirpa on daas - I have no power at all. 

2 minutes ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF 

Sangat Ji, not 15 minutes ago did my mum have this crazy talk with me and these are some of the topics highlighted that she was speaking to me about. Some of the questions she started asking was like "do you dream about god?" "Can you see god?" She thinks I'm turning into some alien. I really don't know what to do. This is not the only test. The family one is a constant one but Maharaj tests me literally every single minute of everyday and that's not even a joke. It's getting so hard and unbearable but I won't lose faith in sikhi ever. It's really getting so tough and it's been like this for about 2 months. 

IMG_1010.PNG

Oh dear, quite a lot going on there. Relax and tell your mother to relax also. Respect her whatever you do, as she’s finding this difficult to deal with. 

No harm in seeing a Gp, explain to your Gp, at least that will rule out what she thinks is wrong. The thing is nobody on here knows what the exact situation is in your household, so if we say do this, do that, it may make things worse. You need to talk to somebody like Basics of Sikhi or Sikh helpline. 

It’s ok to recite Gurbani in front of her if that’s what she wants. Don’t your family go to the Gurdwara at all? If your not confident in reciting in front of her, then play some audio of a shabad or Gurbani and sing/recite along with it. Then the alien won’t appear. 

2 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

but I live in Birmingham

Wjkk wjkf

I too live in Birmingham. If you get the chance to take amrit there are two sanchars coming up one this Saturday at 10 am in Guru har rai west brom and one on 4th November 4.30pm in Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick

You do not need parental permission but it is your choice.

VJKK VJKF

11 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

You do not need parental permission but it is your choice.

I wish I could go. There must be a time in my life when amrit is destined for me. :/ I really feel like crying because I want it so bad... I love you Vaheguru and everything happens with your hukam. My parents will not let me yet because I am 13 and they say its only time for education.

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

My mum keeps saying: "You're only 13, you don't know if your mind will change". And then I always reply back saying: "My mind will never change I will take amrit, now that I have held onto the charan of Vaheguru, I never want to let go". But I still don't think that she is convinced. Can someone please help because I really want it so badly.

VJKK VJKF

They cant be your parents if they stop you from doing simran. If they are going to drown, dont let them drown you. However, we have to try to make peace at the same time. 

Whats gurduaras in your area

Some questions for u

How old are u

Are ure parents good sikhs in your opinion

Are they amritdhari

Do you have siblings older or younger
You have to keep going. Maybe not do simran aloud but in the mind and heart, where they cant stop you. Also I may suggest that, doing simran late at night when they go asleep undisturbed. Try getting amritwela down. If it is very serious, go to some trusted sikhs, maybe at a gurduara, take a hukamnama sahib an go from there. This is very brief response, more details can help.