Sikhism's Golden period is now

Big_Tera

On 10/29/2017 at 1:52 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I totally agree with everything you wrote in the post. Having actual recent white and black sikh converts in my contacts, I know for sure your vision is definitely within the reach. 

I wish I could do something like this to do prachaar on a humungous scale . We can't afford to make sikhi a religion of merely gurpurabs , freee langar and that kind of pattern you know. 

We need to do more proactive things. 

It is all about directing the enormous funds that Sikhs have into parchaar groups. We need one central group that will be responsible for all education on Sikhism. 

37 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

It is all about directing the enormous funds that Sikhs have into parchaar groups. We need one central group that will be responsible for all education on Sikhism. 

not one monolith because that has always been too easy to corrupte.g. Singh sabha/ SGPC , but many lehars with cross panthic co-operation is best Guru ji set up manji system so that makes a good basis for grass roots changes 

• 1 year later...

The moment a doctrine is diluted causing it to splinter off into various offshoots is the beginning of the end. The end may arrive hundreds of years into the future, but make no mistake the countdown has been instigated. In this instance we aren't unique, but as one of the youngest faiths which had an opportunity to forge a path of originality, we should have had the foresight not to succumb to the pitfalls that older faiths have fallen victim to over the centuries. There's no excuse for it. Schools of thought, etc., I understand, but humans being humans these strands eventually invariably slip into personality worship. It's inevitable and disingenuous to pretend religious leaders and "saintly" personalities don't derive some form of pleasure or thrill from being venerated by their sycophantic followers. And thus begins the practice of sitting on gaddis that are inherited from one generation to the next. 

Looking around me, I'm not even certain the average Sikh knows what Sikhi represents aside from the warped and excessive obeisance and embarrassingly deferential mindset -- that itself  partially originates from the Western liberal Marxist worldview -- that's crept into mainstream Sikh attitudes over the past 40 years. Anyone expressing a desire for Sikh autonomy and strength (in a religious sense) and a clear delineation between our and other faiths is rounded upon as a fringe figure or someone going against the teachings of the faith. When these voices become the overwhelming mainstream, it'll be apparent to me that the damage will be irreversible. 

In summary, the leadership stinks; it's out of touch and corrupt, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to learn that the highest echelons of Sikh theocracy have been infiltrated by a certain group that has its claws in all major world religions for the purpose of subversion and instigating a rot that will eventually lead to gradual disintegration and disconnect from all things good and spiritual. I'm not playing a guessing game. Discover as I did by asking for guidance and then seeking.

The only positive I can see is that Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Paatshah's bani is still available to us, and for that reason all hope has not yet been lost.

7 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

The moment a doctrine is diluted causing it to splinter off into various offshoots is the beginning of the end. The end may arrive hundreds of years into the future, but make no mistake the countdown has been instigated. In this instance we aren't unique, but as one of the youngest faiths which had an opportunity to forge a path of originality, we should have had the foresight not to succumb to the pitfalls that older faiths have fallen victim to over the centuries. There's no excuse for it. Schools of thought, etc., I understand, but humans being humans these strands eventually invariably slip into personality worship. It's inevitable and disingenuous to pretend religious leaders and "saintly" personalities don't derive some form of pleasure or thrill from being venerated by their sycophantic followers. And thus begins the practice of sitting on gaddis that are inherited from one generation to the next. 

Looking around me, I'm not even certain the average Sikh knows what Sikhi represents aside from the warped and excessive obeisance and embarrassingly deferential mindset -- that itself  partially originates from the Western liberal Marxist worldview -- that's crept into mainstream Sikh attitudes over the past 40 years. Anyone expressing a desire for Sikh autonomy and strength (in a religious sense) and a clear delineation between our and other faiths is rounded upon as a fringe figure or someone going against the teachings of the faith. When these voices become the overwhelming mainstream, it'll be apparent to me that the damage will be irreversible. 

In summary, the leadership stinks; it's out of touch and corrupt, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to learn that the highest echelons of Sikh theocracy have been infiltrated by a certain group that has its claws in all major world religions for the purpose of subversion and instigating a rot that will eventually lead to gradual disintegration and disconnect from all things good and spiritual. I'm not playing a guessing game. Discover as I did by asking for guidance and then seeking.

The only positive I can see is that Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Paatshah's bani is still available to us, and for that reason all hope has not yet been lost.

'Highestechelons of Sikh theocracy have been infiltrated by a certain group'

Are you implying Guru Granth Sahib Ji has been infiltrated? Because the governing body of Sikhs is Guru Granth Sahib Ji 

2 minutes ago, Prabh108 said:

yes I understand I am not doing a good job.

i am in mourning,

mourning so pls give me a break.

History is one of my favourite subjects. I read at a different site that a Sikh must have accurate knowledge of history. 

I was very turned off at Sikh Channel UK when A Gyani dismissed Occult Powers as simply being refined Maya.

From then on, I was turned off my mainstream Sikh’s obsession with the anti- Astrology agenda and obsession switch no alcohol. More later. Please kno I am very sad.

Astrotheology,  is a subject I am well versed in