Schoolwork

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I spoke to my mum about taking amrit and how I really want to. She said that I should take it when I am 16. But I can't wait that long. And then she said that you need to focus on schoolwork. I try to be good at school. I get good grades etc. But ever since I started to experience Sikhi myself, I don't see the meaning of this sort of education of course I need to get a job etc but I just have any interest in it and I still do all the work that is required of me at school. My passion isn't school anymore its Sikhi. My 2nd passion is school. I still do well at school but I don't really understand why I can't take amrit now. It honestly breaks my heart.   

VJKK VJKF 

What happens to people after taking amrit is they sometimes fall out of the routine of doing path. This happens when your own routine changes for some reason.  This may be starting uni, changing school, visitors which stay over for some time,  outside pressures like exams; getting married,  other people's expectations of you,  etc. When you are younger you do not have an experience of many things.  It is good to wait until you are more mentally mature and you can keep up your routine without breaking it.

Sometimes when you take amrit, then you feel you have achieved a certain goal. This makes you a little more complacent. So its better to be In the disciplining section of time so that the path and bani habits become engrained deeper in you.  This way you will be able to stick to your path routine better when you are older too. 

Trust maharaj ji and know that he has planned and given everyone a time when he will deliver them. What he wishes comes to happen and no one can raise an eyelid when the blessings come straight from Maharaj Ji. 

So stick to your routine and increase your sikhi knowledge too. A Sikh does not renounce the world,  but performs all the worldly duties as well as performing simran most of the time or whenever they can manage to. 

Keep your time for school work and simran too. Concentrate on the right thing at the right time.  As a Sikh lady you will have the duty to look after a family in the future, whom you will have to support too. Therefore you need your goog education to get  a job too. A good sikh is supposed to do their own kirat and earn. The line you choose in the future will require your good education too even if it is something sikhi related too. 

Your parents have been through all these things and cannot explain them to you.  You need to experience them to understand better. So keep respecting and obeying them too.

Guest Guest yo mama Right

Your mom is right. Taking amrit is like enrolling in an university. So before u do, u need to get ur uniform, ur textbooks, decide if the field major you will be going into will interest u and if u have time to do hw. Ur already enrolled in a school, so will u have time for another school? You said ur school doesnt interest u anymore? Wat if few years down the road u say the same abt amrit? Its a lifelong commitment. It means u will not be able to go to parties, not drink, dance, date, shave, wear make up, nor wear jewelry or style ur hair. You cant keep ur hair uncovered nor wear a swim suit. Are u ready to give up these things you havent tried? 

Also amrit is a beautiful thing, a disciplined warrior, clean spiritual lifestyle. You want to do it when ur ready so you can enjoy it and progress. You dont want to take amrit and waste ur time regreting that you cant eat cake at ur friends bday party. Lots of ppl take amrit but they waste time regretting what they cant do.

You have to show urself, ur mom and guruji that u want amrit and that ur ready for it. So live the lifestyle of a sikh for a year. Wake up at amritvela before sunrise. Do nitnem and simran. Do seva and do at least 1 chore around the house. Ive heard bhadiya di seva or washing dishes is best seva. Do a sukhmani sahib and 5 angs of sehaj paath every weekend. Do rehraas sahib and kirtan sohila. Start memorizing japji sahib one pauri at a time so that when u take amrit and ur busy u can do it on the go. Wear the panj kakaar 24/7 except dont wear the kirpan outside the house until amrit. Wear a kashera while showering, practice the one pauncha technique. Buy the kakaars. Read books abt sikhi. Google them, i reccomend books by bhai vir singh and raghbir Singh bir. They r available in english. Listen to katha in panjabi and english. Check out basics of sikhi youtube channel as well as nanak naam and bhai sahib singh canada on youtube. Also gurmatbibek is a good youtube channel. Try all this for a year. You dont have to do everything daily. Just nitnem and ishnaan daily. Other things when you have time.

MOST IMPORTANT, u cant give up on school. You have to be the best at it. You cant let ur mom complain about it and blame sikhi or amrit for you slacking off or anything. Get the best education, not just to get a job but so you can excel in a field. And bring honor to sikhs. To date, no sikh has won the nobel prize

I'd like to say that I disagree with the above posts who have replied.

There are so much things that can happen on the way!

The OP might not be here in a few years time.

She might get bad influence in drugs and alcohol.

Not saying that it's not possible for an amritdhari to get caught up in this but I would take amrit first because getting out of drugs/alcohol is hard.

I am sure OP already practices rehat? Fair enough. I didn't get enough rehat practice either and I think I am doing just fine now, though I am not the one to judge about that.

Just my opinions.

20 hours ago, Guest Guest yo mama Right said:

You have to show urself, ur mom and guruji that u want amrit and that ur ready for it. So live the lifestyle of a sikh for a year. Wake up at amritvela before sunrise. Do nitnem and simran. Do seva and do at least 1 chore around the house. Ive heard bhadiya di seva or washing dishes is best seva. Do a sukhmani sahib and 5 angs of sehaj paath every weekend. Do rehraas sahib and kirtan sohila. Start memorizing japji sahib one pauri at a time so that when u take amrit and ur busy u can do it on the go. Wear the panj kakaar 24/7 except dont wear the kirpan outside the house until amrit. Wear a kashera while showering, practice the one pauncha technique. Buy the kakaars. Read books abt sikhi. Google them, i reccomend books by bhai vir singh and raghbir Singh bir. They r available in english. Listen to katha in panjabi and english. Check out basics of sikhi youtube channel as well as nanak naam and bhai sahib singh canada on youtube. Also gurmatbibek is a good youtube channel. Try all this for a year. You dont have to do everything daily. Just nitnem and ishnaan daily. Other things when you have time.

I have been following rehat for a year and to be honest I already do all the things that are up here. I can follow the rehat of panj kakkar's because I did it for a month. I'm sure I can improve in my Sikhi in MANY ways so please do suggest more.

21 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

I'd like to say that I disagree with the above posts who have replied.

There are so much things that can happen on the way!

The OP might not be here in a few years time.

She might get bad influence in drugs and alcohol.

Not saying that it's not possible for an amritdhari to get caught up in this but I would take amrit first because getting out of drugs/alcohol is hard.

I am sure OP already practices rehat? Fair enough. I didn't get enough rehat practice either and I think I am doing just fine now, though I am not the one to judge about that.

Just my opinions.

There are A LOT of people in my school who smoke, drink etc and I simply do not associate with them. I have my own group of Sikh friends they are VERY supportive of me practising to be amritdhari. I really appreciate them and you guys for helping me out. My heart just wants to be part of Guru Ji's lineage/family. Nothing else really matters to me in the world anymore, I simply wish to step on this path.

20 hours ago, Guest Guest yo mama Right said:

You said ur school doesnt interest u anymore? Wat if few years down the road u say the same abt amrit? Its a lifelong commitment. It means u will not be able to go to parties, not drink, dance, date, shave, wear make up, nor wear jewelry or style ur hair. You cant keep ur hair uncovered nor wear a swim suit. Are u ready to give up these things you havent tried? 

I am completely ready for this, I have never dated in my life and I don't wish to either. I don't shave anyway, I am not allowed to go to parties and I don't want to, I don't even own any makeup, and I don't wear any jewellery anyways. I just go to school in a single plait. I wear a patka when I go to Gurdwara and I don't even do swimming. My mind will never change about amrit and I told my mum about this too. I said to her: Now that I have held on to the charan of Vaheguru, I never want to let go. To be honest I have never been a girly girl, I simply have no interest in these sorts of things I have always been a simple person and I hate wearing dresses etc, it really annoys me and I hate it BUT I don't mind wearing a suit in fact I quite like it. My mum isn't very happy with the way I turned out though and it hurts me so much, why can't she just accept me the way I am? My heart tells me that although my birth mother isn't happy with me, Mata Sahib is considerably happier and this is the only thing that keeps me going; my love for Guru Ji. He is my father, mother, friend, my EVERYTHING. My life is empty without Him. 

Please help Sangat Ji you are the only people that I can talk to apart from Vaheguru.

VJKK VJKF   

Guest Yo Mama Right
7 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VeI have been following rehat for a year and to be honest I already do all the things that are up here. I can follow the rehat of panj kakkar's because I did it for a month. I'm sure I can improve in my Sikhi in MANY ways so please do suggest more

VJKK VJKF   

Hmm, so you say you've done all the above I've suggested? very impressive. Which books of Bhai Vir Singh and Raghbir Singh Bir's have you read? Also if you are sure you will not change your mind. What have you to worry about? Keep going, Waheguru will bless you with amrit. When he wants to bless you, nothing will be able to stop these blessings from being delivered to you. Just keep doing kamaai, keep japing naam, keep reading bani and learning arths, doing santhiya, listening to katha, learning kirtan. All of this kamaaii will accumulate, and when you take amrit it will blossom. Its like lots of zeroes are being added up. 00000. They are equal nothing, no matter how many zeroes there are. but when you take amrit a 1 will get added to the front. so 100000. So you will have a head start when you take amrit. So don't despair, keep doing bani and naam. That is the goal for an amritdhari anyway to do naam and bani as much as possible. So start doing it. Waheguru will give you amrit when he wants, you just keep doing ur part. 

Also check out gurmatbibek.com 

2 minutes ago, Guest Yo Mama Right said:

Hmm, so you say you've done all the above I've suggested? very impressive. Which books of Bhai Vir Singh and Raghbir Singh Bir's have you read? Also if you are sure you will not change your mind. What have you to worry about? Keep going, Waheguru will bless you with amrit. When he wants to bless you, nothing will be able to stop these blessings from being delivered to you. Just keep doing kamaai, keep japing naam, keep reading bani and learning arths, doing santhiya, listening to katha, learning kirtan. All of this kamaaii will accumulate, and when you take amrit it will blossom. Its like lots of zeroes are being added up. 00000. They are equal nothing, no matter how many zeroes there are. but when you take amrit a 1 will get added to the front. so 100000. So you will have a head start when you take amrit. So don't despair, keep doing bani and naam. That is the goal for an amritdhari anyway to do naam and bani as much as possible. So start doing it. Waheguru will give you amrit when he wants, you just keep doing ur part. 

Good post but gives little bit vibes of the ego in the post. 

Guest notaguest
5 hours ago, Guest Yo Mama Right said:

You shoudn't be promoting jathabandi websites,.....beside How do yo do naam AND bani???

Naam gotta be earned. AND how do you know if you earned the Naam ?.......wha