Dhur ki bani

Kaur72

Can some explain what does dhur ki bani mean.. is the whole Guru Granth Sahib ji is called dhur ki bani or some specific path is dhur ki bani.. because so many preachers say that we have dhur ki bani  so if shri Guru Granth Sahib ji is known as dhur ki bani thn I’ve also heard that when dhur ki bani came thn Guru Nanak Dev ji kept writing he didn’t stop so now if Guru Granth Sahib ji is dhur ki bani thn when Guru Gobind Sahib ji officially gave it to us for our benefit so Guru Ji asked Bhai mani singh ji and baba deep singh ji to write it and gathered all the shlokas and raags kabir jis Ravidas ji baniya and all other path that we have and wrote them all together and thn Guru Granth Sahib ji was compiled.  Correct me where ever I’m wrong coz I’ve just heard and read all these things and I’m still learning and trying to get knowledge.. 

All of Guru Granth sahib is dhur ki bani. Its from God. All the Gurus had the one jot of Akaal purakh. They all give the same message.  The bhagats all give the same message too. Guru Arjun Dev Ji has sorted out the bani and all is sachi bani. There is no kachi bani in the Guru Granth sahib.

But thn why do they say that Guru Nanak Dev ji didn’t stop writing because when preachers preach thn they Guru Ji had conversations with sidh people and they kept questioning Guruji. Because I had a conversation with someone and that person denied that it’s all made up by the preachers there was no sidhs who questioned Guru Nanak Dev ji about anything. So I just wanted to know.. thank u ??

1 hour ago, harsharan000 said:

Guru Nanak says. "By following the steps or the Guru, practising his way of life(doing bhakti as per instructions of Guru Sahiban: Awar kaaj tere kitte na kaam, mil sadh sangat, bahj kewal Naam), the flow of soundless music is felt within". (Adi Granth, ang. 922).

Thanks paaji for this beautiful reply.. what about that sidha wali gall.. I mean do u have any Gyan regarding that.. coz almost ever preacher I listened to they say that it happened between Guru sahib ji and them

15 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

Pen Jee,

from what I understand, is that, that Dhur kee Bani, is Shabad, is Naam or Satnam also, is Wahiguru Akal Purukh Himself.

When this Supreme universal Truth, manifested in the swaroop of Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj, that Truth,  then we came to know about a bit of its beant wadeayee, which otherwise is impossible fo us.

That is why also, the bani says: Prabh jee baseh, Sadh kee rasna. Means, when Akal Purukh manifests itself in someone like our Guru Sahiban, then whatever they speak, is that what He wants to tell us for our benefit and spiritual upliftment, otherwise we manmukhs are entangled in supertistions, rituals, ceremionies, outer forms of worship, for as He is not seen with these our limited and poluted gyan and karam indriyas, we try to look for Him at outer spots, which is maya and perishable, for there is no spiritual reality, as it is all made of the 5 perishable tattwas(idol worship).

The spirit is consciousness, and if the Highest Consciousness manifests itself in Guru Sahiban, naturally, it will tell us to worship that Spirit, that Truth, that Naam or Shabad within us, for there is where He is, not outside.

We can  say, He, Wahiguru or Naam, is like an infinite Ocean of Sat-Truth, Prem-Love, Daya- Mercy, Anand-Bliss and Chit-Consciousness, of which our soul or jeevatma, is a drop of that Infinite Ocean, in which it has to blend and become one.

You see, the sidhas, were manmukh wanderers, after all spiritually limited, so when they listened to the highest wisdom and truth uttered  by Guru Jee, they were dumb stucked, deeply impressed, that is why they kept asking Him questions, not that they doubted, but their hunger for Truth, started getting satisfied from the small morsels of truth given to them by Guru Jee.

It is like when a  very hungry person, gets some food from someone, that person keeps looking on eagerly and attentively, from where and how much food is given to it, and that person verily cherishes that food.

That was the case with the sidhas, just as we also, want to know about the unseen Wahiguru, of whom we have heard so much, but have not the smallest idea even.

Forget about  Sachay Patshah Wahiguru for a moment, just see how on this forum, or other dharmic ones, how people keep on asking in one way or the other, about some spiritual experiences during their spiritual practices, to just their faith.

So imagine, if someone like Guru Jee came disguised to us, and started telling us things about Akal Purukh, we will either call him a fraud, or ask him questions, just as the sidhas did, out of our love and faith, though poor, for Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

Yes. So true. I myself wants to know so much. I totally understand now. Thanks for this. 

• 2 years later...

Dhur ki bani or Anhad Shabd can only be contacted within through the grace of a living spiritual Master. This is resounding within us at all the times but we are unable to contact it on our own. It is also called music of the spheres or the Holy Word. A true spiritual Master opens the inner or third eye and the inner ear and connects a seeker with the divine light and sound (Anhad Shabd). A true spiritual Master does not charge any money for connecting seekers with this gift of God. For more information please visit www.sos.org