Islam view of Hinduism

Big_Tera

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

strange then how he mentions the daughters of allah - 3 minor goddesses of the quesh pantheon

taken from quora :

Pre-Islamic Mecca was a hotbed of paganism and polytheism. It is said 360 idols surrounded the Ka'aba and were worshiped as gods. Thus, when Muhammad first began preaching monotheism and denouncing the other 359 gods, he was met with much resistance and hostility.

In an attempt to appease the Meccans, buy some time and bring relief to his followers from hostility, Muhammad one night had a revelation found in Surah 53:19-22 which originally read and deduced as, "Have you thought of al-Lat and al-Uzza and Manat the third, the other; these are the exalted ones whose intercession (as muhammad prostrated along with other muslims,pagans and “jinns” after reciting the verse,{sahih 6,60,385}) is approved."

Al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat were three female deities, known as daughters of Allah. By this revelation Muhammad acknowledged these deities as worthy of worship and whose intercession in heaven was to be sought. Acknowledging these deities had the desired effect. Later (as it screwsup the tribal israeli yahwist concept of monotheism ), the angel Gabriel chastised Muhammad for uttering these verses and informed him that Satan, not Allah, had put these words in Muhammad's mouth and they were” imaginary” beings idolized by earlier arabic gen(q 53:23). Thus, these verses are infamously known as the Satanic Verses ) (Quran22:51:53). (Sahih 006, 060, 385.)( al-Tabari Vol. 6 p107–109)

Penji we shouldn't rely on arguments made by Christian apologists. Read Surah 53:19-22 for yourself and you'll realise the above argument is in clear contradiction. 

The moon god (also known as allah) is said to have 3 daughters al-lut al-uzza and manat. The pagans worshipped the moon god allah and his daughters. The Surah in question actually rebukes the pagans belief regarding the daughters. No where in the Qur'an does it actually tell anyone to worship anyone other than the one God, Allah. It also specially states that Allah has no daughters or sons or partners.

Why is the moon God and his daughters mentioned but hindu Gods etc are not mentioned? I don't know. I'd assume it's because the Arab pagans called their moon god allah and so they were mentioned to distinguish between him and Allah the Islamic God. Whereas hindu beliefs are very much in contrast to Islam. I've not really looked into it tbh. My assumption is just an assumption and shouldn't be relied upon either.

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

fair enough , but it seems the more you read the more it unravels in a strange way, I mean they claim jinns were doing namaz alongside Mohammed , when at the same time jinns are supposed to be feared as evil /demonic . If this is the God of ABraham why is it not Yahweh instead of Allah which is the name of the head of the Quresh Pantheon unchanged (as indicated in the name of MOhammed father). Anyway the dualistic model is not ours 

There are both good and bad jinns. They have the ability to worship God too. Apparently. It's all very confusing and relies on a number of hadiths- the authenticity of which is questionable. Thankfully we don't need to worry about any of that!

Even the Arab Jews of old were known to use the name Allah. I'm not sure if it was exclusive to the Quraysh. But I see your point. I'm sure they have an argument for it.lol

This is exactly why we should consider ourselves so lucky that our Guru Maharaj took out the time and had the foresight to pen everything down themselves. We rely on nothing but our Guru. They rely on a book (Qur'an) which has only very recently been standardised (Cairo edition 1955), Hadiths- the authenticity of which are highly questionable, and the Sira i.e. Biographies of the prophet Mohammed. None of which were written or compiled during the time of the prophet himself. It's mind boggling really that he didn't have this foresight. Same applies to Jesus.

Guru Gobind Singh ji in zaffarnama said "Hill kings (pahadi raaje) are idol worshippers. I am the idol breaker"

I was shocked when i first read this line !! Is dasam pita saying he likes to insult other's sharda and religion ?

then i thought deeply and understood that guru ji is basically saying "By destroying  idols, idolatry and polytheism is never destroyed . (Muhammad did try as stated in above responses) . Idolatry is destroyed by destroying the concept of it , and thats what guru ji did"

Dhan guru !! 

10 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Guru Gobind Singh ji in zaffarnama said "Hill kings (pahadi raaje) are idol worshippers. I am the idol breaker"

I was shocked when i first read this line !! Is dasam pita saying he likes to insult other's sharda and religion ?

then i thought deeply and understood that guru ji is basically saying "By destroying  idols, idolatry and polytheism is never destroyed . (Muhammad did try as stated in above responses) . Idolatry is destroyed by destroying the concept of it , and thats what guru ji did"

Dhan guru !! 

murtian are just BHaram ke puttle made by thugs to delude the masses into thinking of duality rather than the Oneness of everything