What the fight between taksal and dhadrianwale group reveals about sikhi qaum

I am seeing bitter words being used by members or followers of Damdami taksal towards Dhadrianwaley . I am not a fan of either. I respect damdami taksal because supposedly it was established by Guru Gobind Singh ji himself, while I respect Dhadrianwaley because he's spreading sikhi in punjab where it is direly needed.

So then why this infighting if both the groups are about spreading sikhi ? 

Perhaps it reveals that damdami taksal which has long held power axis among sikhs fear losing it to the growing dhadrianwale base . We truly love the kursi more than sewa, don't we ?? this IMHO is the basic problem of our kaum.

5 hours ago, Kira said:

Dhadrianwaley  is nothing more than a mindless drone in white clothes, Taksal is a mess right now. But Dhadrianwaley  is doing more harm than they are. 

see this is what I was talking about ! As long as he's not claiming to be a guru or above SGGS , then we should be proud of his work so far. Yes he has a slightly different flavor of prachar and sikhi, but then who doesn't , as long as its not a major deviation from the index 

May I ask you why you dislike him so much ? all the vitriol I see is from DD camp towards Dhadrianwale , I have never seen vice-versa. Shows who's more mature I guess ?

Disclaimer :  I am not pro DD or pro dhadrian . I am pro-"anyone who makes more sense"

5 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

I see these squabbles as minor versions of the shia Sunni conflict. If nothing is done soon, I wouldn't be surprised if gets to that level. It almost sort of is, with people saying "they're not Sikhs!"

not really . Shia Sunni is about succession of muhammad. Muhammad prophet obviously didn't do his work properly on earth, a fact even stated by 10th guru ji in Dasam granth . Whereas 10th guru ji passed succession very clearly to SGGS. DD and dhadrian is more about power axis struggle. Why put power above kaum ? this is sad reality. Had it been anyone other than dhadrian at same level, he would have been lambasted too.

We shouldn't compare ourselves to islam anyways.

2 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

not really . Shia Sunni is about succession of muhammad. Muhammad prophet obviously didn't do his work properly on earth, a fact even stated by 10th guru ji in Dasam granth . Whereas 10th guru ji passed succession very clearly to SGGS. DD and dhadrian is more about power axis struggle. Why put power above kaum ? this is sad reality. Had it been anyone other than dhadrian at same level, he would have been lambasted too.

We shouldn't compare ourselves to islam anyways.

My point wasn't that our story matches their conflict of it, but that we could get to the scale that certain conflict is at. 

Taksal at present isnt what it was, but instead of dissing it we need to be careful it doesnt end up being blacklisted like Nihangs have become. If this happens, we will lose massively as a quom and for future generations. Dhumma group gets slated, but he's worked with Badal Sarkar and got things done e.g. Shaheedi Yaadgaar, got rid of missionaries from Dehli stages etc. Ajnala group - forefront of beadbi cases. Ram Singh group - I dont know much about what they are doing and the UK based tividale group is seen as a joke by the majority.

Dhadriawale - question marks around who he is linked to, but he is the main pracharak in Punjab bringing the masses into Sikhi, which despite the question marks around him, is what is needed. People diss him which a lot seems appears to be out jealousy.

Overall, go with who your shardah is, go with who your going to learn from and become a better Sikh, but why take sides and cuss the other one? Especially when we got cancers in our quom such as a radha swamis who appear to get away nindiya free LOL.

22 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

see this is what I was talking about ! As long as he's not claiming to be a guru or above SGGS , then we should be proud of his work so far. Yes he has a slightly different flavor of prachar and sikhi, but then who doesn't , as long as its not a major deviation from the index 

May I ask you why you dislike him so much ? all the vitriol I see is from DD camp towards Dhadrianwale , I have never seen vice-versa. Shows who's more mature I guess ?

Disclaimer :  I am not pro DD or pro dhadrian . I am pro-"anyone who makes more sense"

Proud of the work where he openly goes against Dasam Granth and various other sources? Where he actively denies the existence of everything canonized in Gurbani? 

Taksal isn't what it should be but atleast a large chunk of it is consistent with Gurmat Gyan. 

He's becoming more and more influenced by the missionaries, whom he now sucks up to. Ironically he became famous for his Sakhi telling skills (a skill he is peerless at imo) which derive from the same source that opposes his new and rather bleak opinions. 

He actively mocks Naam Simran, the importance of the Charan Dhoor amonst others. How is this not harmful? The people he'll bring in are nothing more than half baked, and they are at no fault whatsoever. I won't even lie and say I was one of these people, my early posts on this forum are full of the garbage he spews on a daily basis. Thankfully the sangat here taught me right.