Premi5

To keep the message fresh, and to spread the word:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/16608620.asian-households-in-bexley-gearing-up-to-celebrate-diwali-warned-after-spate-of-burglaries/

Asian households in Bexley gearing up to celebrate Diwali warned after spate of burglaries

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/16420173.bradford-men-jailed-at-leeds-crown-for-asian-gold-burglaries/

Bradford men jailed at Leeds Crown for 'Asian Gold' burglaries

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/masked-raiders-axe-acid-break-13186128

Masked raiders with axe and 'acid' break down family's door as owners watch terrifying burglary live on CCTV

One of the helpless owners yells "We're being burgled, we're being burgled" as the men storm the house in south-east London

• 2 months later...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gang-beat-gp-and-sprayed-wife-with-bleach-in-asian-gold-house-raid-a3995811.html

A doctor was beaten with his own walking stick by masked thugs who also sprayed bleach into his wife’s face in a terrifying house raid.

The 75-year-old practising GP, his wife, 64, and a visiting friend were held for more than an hour by the gang, who threatened them with a blade and screwdriver as they ransacked the £850,000 home in Enfield.

It was one of a series of three linked raids on owners of “Asian gold” in the area, which Scotland Yard said today have netted more than £100,000.

In the raid on the GP’s home, at 8.30pm on Monday, the victims were locked in a room while the men rifled through the four bedrooms upstairs.

The gang doused the walls, floor and furniture with thick blue detergent before escaping with jewellery, watches, cash and precious family heirlooms worth £30,000.

The husband said: “We were watching TV and my wife went to the kitchen to heat up some food and as she got to the kitchen these men were in the hall.

“They dragged her back into the lounge, drew the curtains and kept us in darkness. They told us to put our hands on the table, don’t talk and just sit down.” One of the thugs grabbed the doctor’s walking stick to beat him into silence while he was uttering a prayer.

He added: “I feel like we were taken hostage in our own home. They said to not try anything or they would kill us and they had a knife, screwdriver and a hammer.”

Three days previously, their daughter, 41, was the victim of a burglary at her home in Arnos Grove while she was at a charity event. The raiders took an estimated £70,000 worth of goods, including a £12,000 Rolex, a £15,000 diamond engagement ring, a £5,000 engagement ring, a Cartier watch and a Jimmy Choo handbag.

The daughter said: “My parents are now in fear of going to bed at night. They are very shaken. We cannot bear this.”

On Saturday, a pensioner was pushed to the floor by three masked men who broke into her home and cut a gold chain from her neck.

Detective Inspector Paul Ridley said: “All these burglaries targeted high-value ‘Asian gold’. I would urge anyone who might have witnessed these offences to come forward, as well as anyone who may have been offered the stolen jewellery for sale.”

29 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gang-beat-gp-and-sprayed-wife-with-bleach-in-asian-gold-house-raid-a3995811.html

A doctor was beaten with his own walking stick by masked thugs who also sprayed bleach into his wife’s face in a terrifying house raid.

The 75-year-old practising GP, his wife, 64, and a visiting friend were held for more than an hour by the gang, who threatened them with a blade and screwdriver as they ransacked the £850,000 home in Enfield.

It was one of a series of three linked raids on owners of “Asian gold” in the area, which Scotland Yard said today have netted more than £100,000.

In the raid on the GP’s home, at 8.30pm on Monday, the victims were locked in a room while the men rifled through the four bedrooms upstairs.

The gang doused the walls, floor and furniture with thick blue detergent before escaping with jewellery, watches, cash and precious family heirlooms worth £30,000.

The husband said: “We were watching TV and my wife went to the kitchen to heat up some food and as she got to the kitchen these men were in the hall.

“They dragged her back into the lounge, drew the curtains and kept us in darkness. They told us to put our hands on the table, don’t talk and just sit down.” One of the thugs grabbed the doctor’s walking stick to beat him into silence while he was uttering a prayer.

He added: “I feel like we were taken hostage in our own home. They said to not try anything or they would kill us and they had a knife, screwdriver and a hammer.”

Three days previously, their daughter, 41, was the victim of a burglary at her home in Arnos Grove while she was at a charity event. The raiders took an estimated £70,000 worth of goods, including a £12,000 Rolex, a £15,000 diamond engagement ring, a £5,000 engagement ring, a Cartier watch and a Jimmy Choo handbag.

The daughter said: “My parents are now in fear of going to bed at night. They are very shaken. We cannot bear this.”

On Saturday, a pensioner was pushed to the floor by three masked men who broke into her home and cut a gold chain from her neck.

Detective Inspector Paul Ridley said: “All these burglaries targeted high-value ‘Asian gold’. I would urge anyone who might have witnessed these offences to come forward, as well as anyone who may have been offered the stolen jewellery for sale.”

the simple fact that the daughter had also been attacked and robbed in her home also seems to indicate it's someone who knows the family, I would question the fiance's family as well as their relatives . 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/masked-burglars-beat-father-and-hold-him-captive-as-they-ransack-family-home-of-30k-gold-jewellery a3695511.html

Masked burglars beat father and hold him captive as they ransack family home of £30k gold jewellery

Click to follow 
The Evening Standard
50shares
Stolen: Gold jewellery worth £30k was lost in the burglary.

Stolen: Gold jewellery worth £30k was lost in the burglary. ( )

A father today told of his terror after burglars held him captive and ransacked his home for £30,000 of gold jewellery.

Market trader Harminder Dhillon, 60, was struck across the legs with a metal bar and punched and kicked as he lay on the floor when four masked men burst through the back door at 9.30pm.

He had been asleep upstairs after his wife and three children left their £500,000 home in Ilford to attend a temple.

He told the Standard: “I tried to fight them but there were too many of them. If it was two burglars I think I could’ve beaten them but they just kept hitting me.

ilfordburglary.jpg

Beaten and held hostage: Harminder Dhillon, 60.

“They said they would stab me if I didn’t tell them where the jewellery was. But I didn’t know — even my wife keeps it hidden from me.

"I shouted at them ‘If you can find it just take it’. They left one guy with a hammer to watch over me as they ransacked upstairs.” Mr Dhillon said he was now upgrading his security and pleaded for his family’s valuables to be returned. “My wedding ring has gone and a lot of family heirlooms,” he said. “I’ve worked hard all my life and these scumbags have just taken everything. We know they will try to sell it quick.

“I chased them out and saw them drive off. I still think about it when I’m home alone. It’s terrifying. All I did was try to protect my property and they kept beating me.”

The men were dressed all in black, and had English accents. Detective Constable Chris Christoforou said: “This was a terrifying burglary where a man was woken up by intruders who used violence and made off with valuable jewellery of huge sentimental value.”

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/crime-court/willesden-and-harrow-temple-raids-police-name-man-wanted-in-connection-with-religious-burglaries-1-5791476

Has an Irish name, so probably from the 'traveller' community. 

Willesden and Harrow temple raids: Police name man wanted in connection with religious burglaries

PUBLISHED: 17:03 22 November 2018 | UPDATED: 18:34 22 November 2018

Sam Volpe

Police want to speak to Dannie O'Leary, 24, over two temple raids. Picture: Met Police

Police want to speak to Dannie O'Leary, 24, over two temple raids. Picture: Met Police

The police have named a man they are looking to question over the shocking theft of priceless Hindu ornaments from two Brent temples.

nvestigating officers urgently want to speak to Dannie O’Leary, 24. about the crimes – which both saw a suspect in dark clothes break-in through a glass door before making off with religious items and donation money.

The Willesden temple was raided in the early hours of November 8, with the second incident in Harrow taking place on November 13.

Police believe the crimes are linked.

The Shree Swaminarayan Temple saw several religious idols stolen which have an “emotional and spiritual significance for worshippers”.

Det Con Pete Wallace, from Harrow CID, said: “I want to reassure our Hindu and Sikh communities, as well as all of the religious communities in Harrow and Brent, that we take offences such as this very seriously and are doing everything we can to trace the suspect. Such behaviour will not be tolerated.

“We urge anyone who knows of O’Leary’s whereabouts to contact police or for O’Leary to hand himself in.”

Anyone with information that may assist police is asked to call 101 quoting 505/9 Nov for the first incident and 2580/13NOV18 for the second.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/manhunt-as-burglar-targets-north-london-temples-in-early-morning-raids-a3992761.html

Manhunt as Diwali donations and religious idols stolen from north London temples in early morning raids

Click to follow 
The Evening Standard
12shares
An image of the suspect police want to trace

An image of the suspect police want to trace ( Met Police )

Police have launched a manhunt after religious idols and Diwali donations were stolen from two north London temples in early morning raids.

The Met said the early morning burglaries were being treated as linked and released a CCTV image of a hooded suspect on Saturday.

Officers also urged faith leaders to be vigilant against future incidents.

The first happened at the Shree Swaminarayan Temple in Willesden Lane, Brent, on November 9. While the priests were in bed in the above apartment, they were woken up at 2am by a crashing sound.

A male in dark clothing with a yellow rucksack was spotted moving around the temple, crouching to avoid detection.

northlondontemple17112.jpg

An image of the suspect police want to trace (Met Police)

Collection boxes of charitable donations from the Diwali celebrations were stolen, as well as religious idols from the altar.

Bhavik Kerai, from the temple, has appealed for the return of the idols, stressing their emotional and spiritual significance for worshippers.

The second burglary happened on Tuesday at the Shri Kutch Satsang Swaminarayan Temple in Westfield Lane, Harrow.

An alarm sounded just before 4am and the priests’ CCTV showed a lone male was searching through the premises.

The suspect was wearing all grey and a hooded coat, while his face was covered. Again, a number of items were taken.

northlondontemple17113.jpg

Some of the items taken from the Shri Kutch Satsang Swaminarayan Temple in Harrow (Met Police)

Due to the timing, method of entry and proximity of the burglaries, police believe the offences could be linked.

The Met is urging other religious temples to take extra care in locking up and stowing away valuable items, especially in light of the upcoming Hindu  holy festival of Kartik Poornima on Friday.

Det Cons Pete Wallace, of Harrow Police, said: "I want to reassure our Hindu and Sikh communities, as well as all of the religious communities in Harrow and Brent, that we take offences such as this very seriously and are doing everything we can to trace the suspect. Such behaviour will not be tolerated.

"I would ask those in the community to keep a look out for religious idols that may be offered for sale - they will be distinctive items. If such an item is offered and the apparent 'seller' is unable to account for where it came from, please contact police immediately.

• 3 years later...