Singh's finding it hard to find life partners.

Guest Singh

Guest London jwaan
On 22/11/2017 at 6:02 PM, kds1980 said:

I used to believe this until I started managing my brother's matrimony profile  a year ago who received lots of interest from girls  who are looking for non trimmer , vegetarian and religious. My brother being less religious created more problem for him in finding life partner.

The main factors that people see in India for marriage is how much a guy earn , how much property his family own and what the status of his family.If by any chance .If by any chance your these factors are on weak side then even super gursikh families won't consider you as rishta

Agreed. Go to any gurdwara and have a look at the matrimonial list.

Firstly, people are categorised according to caste. Totally anti sikh practice in the first place. It appears that the most important criteria is in this order :

1) caste

2) height 

3) age

4) job/earnings

5) education 

Etc

And if you speak to girl's families you will no doubt have shocking conversions. Fat girls looking for lean body builders, a girl with no or minimal education looking for a doctor, lawyer or investment banker. Parents of a 5 feet tall girl looking for a guy over 6 feet......

I myself have had ridiculous conversations, with one girls dad asking my salary, another asking how much my flat was worth, one asked what car I have another querying my degrees when his daughter didn't even go to university. One even called my place of work to check I work there as he clearly thought I was lying - and then told me. Another asked where our house was in India. One asked for proof I was jatt. Proof?!?! I told him I was sikh. He said the days anyone is sikh and first and foremost he would only talk to jatts.

I don't really care about any of these things but it shows you what drives a family. And I have said it before, the single most destructive thing in our kaum, is the hijacking of sikh ethos and distortion by jattism behvkoofi

5 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

Agreed. Go to any gurdwara and have a look at the matrimonial list.

Firstly, people are categorised according to caste. Totally anti sikh practice in the first place. It appears that the most important criteria is in this order :

1) caste

2) height 

3) age

4) job/earnings

5) education 

Etc

And if you speak to girl's families you will no doubt have shocking conversions. Fat girls looking for lean body builders, a girl with no or minimal education looking for a doctor, lawyer or investment banker. Parents of a 5 feet tall girl looking for a guy over 6 feet......

I myself have had ridiculous conversations, with one girls dad asking my salary, another asking how much my flat was worth, one asked what car I have another querying my degrees when his daughter didn't even go to university. One even called my place of work to check I work there as he clearly thought I was lying - and then told me. Another asked where our house was in India. One asked for proof I was jatt. Proof?!?! I told him I was sikh. He said the days anyone is sikh and first and foremost he would only talk to jatts.

I don't really care about any of these things but it shows you what drives a family. And I have said it before, the single most destructive thing in our kaum, is the hijacking of sikh ethos and distortion by jattism behvkoofi

What you find is that men and women look for different things in a partner.

Reality is that biology trumps everything.

Women will look for a tall man athletic man because they want to a man with strong genes to pass on to her children. This is biologically hard-wired into women over thousands of years. In hunter-gatherer societies when you could be attacked by another tribe or by wild animals, you want a big strong man to protect you.

They will also ask for a man who is far more educated and earns more money because a woman historically would want a man that was higher in social status who can provision for her and her children. Historically, women did not have professions and were financially dependent on their husbands so therefore it would make sense for them to pick the highest social status man that they can.

Men tend to look for a younger woman (they tend not to look for social status) because of fertility.

VJKK VJKF

8 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

With a lot of Punjabi women being fickle with the latest trends and fashions, I thought that with the uptake of hipster beards and man buns that they would be fickle enough to be attracted to the kesh. 

IKR?                                :rofl

VJKK VJKF

Guest London jwaan
15 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What you find is that men and women look for different things in a partner.

Reality is that biology trumps everything.

Women will look for a tall man athletic man because they want to a man with strong genes to pass on to her children. This is biologically hard-wired into women over thousands of years. In hunter-gatherer societies when you could be attacked by another tribe or by wild animals, you want a big strong man to protect you.

They will also ask for a man who is far more educated and earns more money because a woman historically would want a man that was higher in social status who can provision for her and her children. Historically, women did not have professions and were financially dependent on their husbands so therefore it would make sense for them to pick the highest social status man that they can.

Men tend to look for a younger woman (they tend not to look for social status) because of fertility.

This missed the point completely  I'm afraid  ranjeet. What is the meaning of "Sikhs" putting aside ask their fake piousness and becoming obsessed with caste. And also trying to marry off roly poly daughters to adonises?

And whilst 4"11 girls parents might want a guy of 6'4", biologically hardwired or not, why would the guy want a midget.

And the obsession with money is against everything in sikhi. Demanding a guy already has a house, does not live with his parents, and must be a doctor, banker, lawyer etc is severe nonsense. What is the girl bringing to the table? Where is her house? What is the cut off salary huh? How much is enough?

All paath goes out of the window when is matrimonial time. Like I said I was asked for proof of being jatt. My answer was that most of my relatives are uneducated and unpadh so that should be sufficient proof.

8 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

This missed the point completely  I'm afraid  ranjeet. What is the meaning of "Sikhs" putting aside ask their fake piousness and becoming obsessed with caste. And also trying to marry off roly poly daughters to adonises?

And whilst 4"11 girls parents might want a guy of 6'4", biologically hardwired or not, why would the guy want a midget.

And the obsession with money is against everything in sikhi. Demanding a guy already has a house, does not live with his parents, and must be a doctor, banker, lawyer etc is severe nonsense. What is the girl bringing to the table? Where is her house? What is the cut off salary huh? How much is enough?

All paath goes out of the window when is matrimonial time. Like I said I was asked for proof of being jatt. My answer was that most of my relatives are uneducated and unpadh so that should be sufficient proof.

The problem is that we are following ideals and standards, you are expected people to follow those same ideals and standards.

But they won't. You have understand people for who they are not what you wish them to be.

Even if they proclaim to follow Sikhi.

What you are experiencing is anger. You have been born and raised with high values, but your eyes have been opened to the realities. You have swallowed the red-pill and it has left you with a very bitter taste. 

Guest London jwaan
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The problem is that we are following ideals and standards, you are expected people to follow those same ideals and standards.

But they won't. You have understand people for who they are not what you wish them to be.

What you are experiencing is anger. You have been born and raised with high values, but your eyes have been opened to the realities. You have swallowed the red-pill and it has left you with a very bitter taste. 

Not really. I don't have bitterness or anger. What I do have is disgust. Apnay claiming to be more righteous than other apnay, and then the materiality reveals itself with the superficiality beneath the surface that voids all sikhi, paath or amrit as soon as matrimonials are involved.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

This is very true! Born and raised one way and expecting others to hold similar values is near impossible. Bitter truth...but people have no reasoning or understanding nowadays....we all fixed into a certain way and have expectations