Guest Singh

Singh's finding it hard to find life partners.

8 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

This missed the point completely  I'm afraid  ranjeet. What is the meaning of "Sikhs" putting aside ask their fake piousness and becoming obsessed with caste. And also trying to marry off roly poly daughters to adonises?

And whilst 4"11 girls parents might want a guy of 6'4", biologically hardwired or not, why would the guy want a midget.

And the obsession with money is against everything in sikhi. Demanding a guy already has a house, does not live with his parents, and must be a doctor, banker, lawyer etc is severe nonsense. What is the girl bringing to the table? Where is her house? What is the cut off salary huh? How much is enough?

All paath goes out of the window when is matrimonial time. Like I said I was asked for proof of being jatt. My answer was that most of my relatives are uneducated and unpadh so that should be sufficient proof.

The problem is that we are following ideals and standards, you are expected people to follow those same ideals and standards.

But they won't. You have understand people for who they are not what you wish them to be.

Even if they proclaim to follow Sikhi.

What you are experiencing is anger. You have been born and raised with high values, but your eyes have been opened to the realities. You have swallowed the red-pill and it has left you with a very bitter taste. 

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest London jwaan
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The problem is that we are following ideals and standards, you are expected people to follow those same ideals and standards.

But they won't. You have understand people for who they are not what you wish them to be.

What you are experiencing is anger. You have been born and raised with high values, but your eyes have been opened to the realities. You have swallowed the red-pill and it has left you with a very bitter taste. 

Not really. I don't have bitterness or anger. What I do have is disgust. Apnay claiming to be more righteous than other apnay, and then the materiality reveals itself with the superficiality beneath the surface that voids all sikhi, paath or amrit as soon as matrimonials are involved.

Guest Singh
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

This is very true! Born and raised one way and expecting others to hold similar values is near impossible. Bitter truth...but people have no reasoning or understanding nowadays....we all fixed into a certain way and have expectations 

VJKK VJKF Brother,

To be honest with you - I hear what you are saying. I had the same issues although I didn't have a full grown beard. But when I did find the woman that I wanted to marry, not only did she encourage me to grow out my daari she has been ever more supportive of growing together in Sikhi. Since our Anand Karaaj we have only grown more in love with Sikhi.

Trust me its hard but its worth it in the end when you find the right woman. Keep faith brother and do Ardas to Maharaaj

• Like 2

Guest Singh
On 01/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, PranaamShaheedaNu said:

VJKK VJKF Brother,

To be honest with you - I hear what you are saying. I had the same issues although I didn't have a full grown beard. But when I did find the woman that I wanted to marry, not only did she encourage me to grow out my daari she has been ever more supportive of growing together in Sikhi. Since our Anand Karaaj we have only grown more in love with Sikhi.

Trust me its hard but its worth it in the end when you find the right woman. Keep faith brother and do Ardas to Maharaaj

Thanks Bhaji, I have kept faith and along with all the other comments from people here... have put things straight for me again. Not gonna lie it's hard but always have hope. if it's meant to be then it will be. 

Guest Kaurageous

WJKK WJKF

I have just come across this thread during an internet search, so I apologise that my input seems delayed since I realise that the post was created towards the end of November. 

But upon reading all of the comments, I didn't want to keep quiet. To the Singh who initiated this discussion (forgive me, I don't know your name) - I'm sorry to hear that you have faced such difficulties in trying to find a Sikh girl for yourself. I agree with everyone that you should never stray from your beliefs nor values (including to keep your full beard) simply to please someone else. Have faith in Waheguru that the right woman for you will enter your life at the right time, as according to His will. 

I also wanted to highlight, that it is not only females who are moving away from Sikhi. The examples of drinking, clubbing and staying out late have been used - so for the sake of keeping my point relevant to this discussion, I will use those same examples to state that not all Sikh males are pure of these activities. In fact, most of those whom I know are drinkers and party-goers. So before we jump to criticise the females alone, let us not forget that there is a level playing field here - especially if we can all agree that Sikhism is based on equality.. I was introduced to a Singh in search of a "nice Sikh girl" - yet he himself is clean shaven, smokes and drinks. The irony of it all left me speechless. 

To be honest with you all, I had typed in "Sikh girl moving away from the faith" when I found this web discussion. I find myself very lost and confused, in a faith crisis if you will, because I feel that being born and raised in the UK has diluted the richness of my Sikh faith. Whilst this sounds like an excuse because I know that I am in control of what I do and don't do (with Waheguru's guidance and grace of course), I feel weakened by the Western culture that surrounds me.

Anyway, I digress as usual. Please forgive me if you feel that I have overstepped any line or offended anyone - I had/have no intention of doing so whatsoever. But I feel that someone in this thread needed to defend - without condoning the behaviour of - Sikh females who have lost their way, because there are males in our faith who have too. The best and most powerful tool we are equipped with to help our brothers and sisters in such limbo is that of doing paath. Pray that they will find their way back to their Sikh roots.

Wishing you all the very best in your endeavours to find a suitable life partner.

WJKK WJKF

Guest Change your thinking
On 20/11/2017 at 7:49 PM, Guest Singh said:

Hi,

This has probably been discussed before but it's something I can't really wrap my head around. I'm a singh with full beard and have cousins who are the same, we are finding it difficult to find Sikh girls as life partners. The ones I've been introduced to have a problem with me not cutting my beard and being vegetarian etc... few have asked me if I would cut my beard etc... this coming from supposedly Sikh girls and it's quite disgraceful. 

I've had more interest from girls who are not Sikh...i.e Gujarati, English girls etc.. who don't seem to care about me being a full singh, it's raising questions in my head about the future of Sikhi as a whole, our Sikh girls are moving away from our faith/traditions and adopting western values and ways above all. One of my cousins got fed up and cut his beard in the hopes to be more 'accepted', but I feel this is the wrong choice to make. I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't cross my mind but I don't want to move away from Sikhi just to find a wife, but it seems like our Sikh girls are. 

Suppose this is more of a rant than a question as such. 

A non sikh who is more tolerant of your appearance is a better choice than one who isn't. Take off your rose colored glasses and see people for who they are. 

2 hours ago, Guest Change your thinking said:

A non sikh who is more tolerant of your appearance is a better choice than one who isn't. Take off your rose colored glasses and see people for who they are. 

Inter-religious marriages are not allowed in sikhi dharam.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Can someone for god sake create an international based matrimonial website? In this age, we Sikhs shouldn’t have trouble finding the right partner. Who wants to start this project. I’m willing to invest.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Can someone for god sake create an international based matrimonial website? In this age, we Sikhs shouldn’t have trouble finding the right partner. Who wants to start this project. I’m willing to invest.

Here's an idea for website's banner

25542559_10204171862412810_4714649842986419079_o.jpg

Guest Ma22

I am a white woman who attends a Sikh gurdwara at least 3 times a week. What I have learnt so far about Sikh from talking to the gianji’s and people there is invaluable. You are proud of what being a Sikh stands for and to talk about it and the history. This to me is attractive, the beard and turban are part of your identity of who you are. I wouldn’t want a man to change any part of himself  to please me, so be proud of who you are and what you were given. And after the people I have met who are Sikh, I would be more than happy marry a Sikh guy and happily bring our children up Sikh, knowing the history and what it means to be Sikh. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• We are equal in the eyes of God because we are beneath him. It is looking at ants from our eyes. The problem with people is that they think that leadership is a privilege. It is not, it is a responsibility.  As the head of the family you may have the authority but that always comes with accountability. They go hand in hand. In families there is a pecking order, the children first, the women next and then the men. Men are the sacrificial gender, why in cases of emergency do they say "women and children first". A woman will sacrifice her life for her children but never for her husband. A man will sacrifice for both. Women who take leadership from her husband do it because they are forced into it or because the man is not up to it and the woman becomes resentful of her husband. 
    • I don’t see how you see this practice as a part of our ancestral history.  What I chose to do independently outside of Sikhi cannot be associated with Sikhi practices. Similar as to how dietary influence is largely down to the landscape and culture of the region you belong to.  The same is for narcotics which are largely taken due to cultural influence and availability to the region.  Just because I eat potato chips in England this does not mean my future generations should adopt this, and somehow associate this with my religious identity.  Your cultural practices can be altered, discarded and chosen but your religious practices can never change,  whether that be in the 18th Century or the 21st.   If you reword this with ‘medicinal, recreational drug use in the region of Punjab in the 17th-18th Century’, I would have no problem with this observation.  But as soon as someone quotes ‘Puratan Sikhs and use of Marijuana’, I am not comfortable with this!
    • Veer ji can u please post pankitis from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha?
    • Unless you're going to fight enemies of panth and need help of sukha , I don't see any excuse why I should exempt you from similar judgement as of any regular drug addict. People have for long perverted religion for their goals . Nothing new here. Why not get high on naam instead 
    • The whole point about rehit-namas and the differences between them is a whole discussion in itself, but there is evidence in Bhangu's Panth Prakash, Sainapati's Gursobha, Prem Sumarag Granth.  There is also notice of this in the earliest european sources from the late 1700s.  No one is telling anyone to do these things, but to whitewash your own people's history is weak.  As alluded to previously, the people who did partake aren't likely to have done so for what we call 'recreational reasons' today. It may as well have been medical reasons? Given how sukha da tehl is being increasingly investigated by modern science along this very line, it isn't implausible. It may well have been a carry over from pre-existing Ayurvedic practice? Can't you people have a grown up discussion about this? 

Important Information

Terms of Use