Connection to sikhi

Guest Believer

Guest Believer

Hello Members, 

I am writing it all over again because my last topic disappeared I don't know how.

I am 22 years old girl and belong to a non sikh background, I discovered sikhi 2 years ago and at that time it was only curiosity but then I have developed a connection with it and I consider myself a sikh. I have alot to learn and I am keeping my hair and learning Gurmukhi. But my issue is that I feel my family will be unhappy if I tell them this. How do I make myself strong ? 

Very glad to hear that you feel connected with sikhi... if u don’t mind me asking what’s ur background. the reason I’m asking this is if ur parents have little bit knowledge regarding sikhism thn it would be easier to convince them. You just have to tell them about what sikhi really is and what Khalsa Panth is. Telling them about Guru Granth Sahib ji that it only teaches us to worship god only and not any idol worshipping.. if u tell them about the ten gurus and their contributions for other religions as well.. there’s so much that u can tell them.. first u can just casually start a conversation with them about sikhism and see what they have to say about it and thn u can carry on discussion and tell them what u feel.. if ur learning Gurmukhi and if u can do path thn u can explain them the meanings of path and the teachings we get from the path that we do.. I hope I helped a little bit.. good luck sis 

Guest Believer
7 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

Very glad to hear that you feel connected with sikhi... if u don’t mind me asking what’s ur background. the reason I’m asking this is if ur parents have little bit knowledge regarding sikhism thn it would be easier to convince them. You just have to tell them about what sikhi really is and what Khalsa Panth is. Telling them about Guru Granth Sahib ji that it only teaches us to worship god only and not any idol worshipping.. if u tell them about the ten gurus and their contributions for other religions as well.. there’s so much that u can tell them.. first u can just casually start a conversation with them about sikhism and see what they have to say about it and thn u can carry on discussion and tell them what u feel.. if ur learning Gurmukhi and if u can do path thn u can explain them the meanings of path and the teachings we get from the path that we do.. I hope I helped a little bit.. good luck sis 

Thank you so much for your response, it helped so much. And my background is I belong to a hindu family, brahmins to be specific and no they do not have much knowledge of sikhi but they have positive attitude towards it. And I will surely start talking to them about it. I haven't done it yet only because of fear of discouragement.

6 hours ago, Guest Believer said:

Thank you so much for your response, it helped so much. And my background is I belong to a hindu family, brahmins to be specific and no they do not have much knowledge of sikhi but they have positive attitude towards it. And I will surely start talking to them about it. I haven't done it yet only because of fear of discouragement.

I’m glad that I could help u.. ??