Our love turned us into pariahs but we never backed down

MisterrSingh

Also, you've got a particular generation or two of Sikh parents telling their sons, "Don't cast a lustful eye over Sikh females. Guru Sahib says they are your sisters (basically, don't enter into romantic relationships before marriage)," which is all well and good, meanwhile Muslim males are picking off the ladies that Sikhs have been instructed are off-limits, lol. As I mentioned earlier, it's the same game played by different rules. Obviously, anyone determined enough to indulge in some hanky panky isn't going to dissuaded by religious edicts or overbearing parents, but  impressionable Sikh youngsters who perhaps do play it straight aren't going to defy their family and the religion, whereas the other side practically encourages bringing the womenfolk of other religions into the fold. Their God says it's all good!

13 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Not so much the Guardian (they are but one constituent arm of the monster) but the string-pullers behind society wish to merge all singular Asian minorities into one homogeneous Asian race. Makes the children of these unions easier to rally and control if they have no specific and concrete roots in any race and religion. No unique identities and labels, no troubles. It's a disturbing, inverse, white-authored social experiment. What they've failed to take into account is the zeal of most Muslims. They won't be so easily fooled. Our lot are clueless. 

The likes of the Guardian and the BBC are so behind the curve it is unbelievable. 

Several decades ago, you could say that there was more homogenisation because the UK was more overtly racist and less diverse.

When I look at something like BBC Asian Network, it is so antiquated. 

The reality is that the various Asian communities have diverged to the point we don't have that much in common with each other. 

I have seen with my own eyes at Pakistani women have dropped wearing traditional salvar kameez and dupatta for the hijab. It has come to the point where I think non Hijab women are less common than the hijab ones. I have seen muslim males adopt those moustachless beards.  They have become more overtly Islamic or Arabised. 

The reality has become that many UK Sikhs today in 2017 have a lot more in common with a gorah then they do with Punjabi muslims. 

11 hours ago, TejS said:

Though I agree that men in general are losing their masculinity.

The question still remains, why do Sikh women marry out with Muslims the most?

If Muslims are more aggressive than Sikhs, well then Sikhs are more so than Hindus. But you don’t see their women running off with Muslim men at the rate our women do? 

Though I attribute that masculinity plays a huge part in attraction, I would like to mention that most UK Sikhs I’ve interacted with, like my cousins, are far more aggressive and masculine than their American/Canadian counterparts, so there definitely has to be more variables at play here. I’m also sure that Muslims despise us Sikhs more so than Hindus and thus target our women more than other women.

But what really irks me is when you have our women standing up for Muslims, like Katy Sian. I don’t see any Muslim women reciprocating that, so what I’m trying to get at is what instills that feeling of love towards Muslims in our women? I think it comes down to years of our elders demonizing Muslims so much that our children, especially our women, begin empathizing with them. I personally think this is where the issue lies.

But then again, our men to need become more masculine. And I don’t only mean aggressive, but also look the part. I’ve seen too many Amritdhari Sikhs that are overweight, unfit, and just look plain soft. These men need to harden up.

Also as @MisterrSingh mentioned what the Muslims are doing, why don’t we actively bring womenfolk of other religions into our fold? Why is that we are letting our women marry out, yet ourselves do not marry out to bring other women into the fold. If Khurram can get a Sikh women to have Muslim children through simple attraction, then what’s stopping us. I often hear fellow Sikhs saying numbers aren’t important, but let’s be honest, it’s all a numbers game when the going gets tough.

You will find more hindu women with white men.

Also, I think our thinking sometimes at least 25 years behind what is happening in reality today.

I used to hear of muslim male -sikh female relationships in the early 90's. What has happened to those women today. They are in their 40s maybe close to 50.

We hear of a few cases and then say that's all our women.

When it comes to marriage choices, women are far more pragmatic. 

Men are the idealists and romantics  who have to become realists. 

Women are the realist and the pragmatists who pretend to be the romantics. 

The kind of free spirited girl of Sikh background who goes out with all men and has ultra liberal parents is far more likely to marry a gorah than a muslim. 

That is what you are more likely to find in my view. I have seen in reality very few Sikh women marrying Muslim men and far more marrying goreh. 

Like with post to MisterrSingh, our communities have diverged and we have less in common with other Asian communities than 25-30 years ago.

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The likes of the Guardian and the BBC are so behind the curve it is unbelievable. 

Several decades ago, you could say that there was more homogenisation because the UK was more overtly racist and less diverse.

When I look at something like BBC Asian Network, it is so antiquated. 

The reality is that the various Asian communities have diverged to the point we don't have that much in common with each other. 

I have seen with my own eyes at Pakistani women have dropped wearing traditional salvar kameez and dupatta for the hijab. It has come to the point where I think non Hijab women are less common than the hijab ones. I have seen muslim males adopt those moustachless beards.  They have become more overtly Islamic or Arabised. 

The reality has become that many UK Sikhs today in 2017 have a lot more in common with a gorah then they do with Punjabi muslims. 

Great observations. Belonging to these communities, we realise and live the reality of a minority existence each day of our lives. We know the nitty gritty and the unspoken realities. What you have amongst the ruling whites of the media and political establishment is a completely skewed and hopelessly deluded view of our lives. 

The problem arrives when you have our own join the ranks of these white elites, and the whites assume these people are their eyes and ears into our world, whereas what they fail to realise is that those Asians who do "make it" are, more often than not, coconuts, lol. They know as much about their own various cultures, religions, and beliefs than their white overlords, lol, i.e. not very much. So it's no wonder there's a considerable desire to mold us into one easily manageable mass of brown people. It's social engineering, plain and simple. Once you realise the game being played, the signs are so very clear to spot.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Great observations. Belonging to these communities, we realise and live the reality of a minority existence each day of our lives. We know the nitty gritty and the unspoken realities. What you have amongst the ruling whites of the media and political establishment is a completely skewed and hopelessly deluded view of our lives. 

The problem arrives when you have our own join the ranks of these white elites, and the whites assume these people are their eyes and ears into our world, whereas what they fail to realise is that those Asians who do "make it" are, more often than not, coconuts, lol. They know as much about their own various cultures, religions, and beliefs than their white overlords, lol, i.e. not very much. So it's no wonder there's a considerable desire to mold us into one easily manageable mass of brown people. It's social engineering, plain and simple. Once you realise the game being played, the signs are so very clear to spot.

You see plenty of these types that supposedly represent us in the media.

I cannot relate to any of them and to be frank I find them patronising.

There are a lot of nuances and contradictions and if you try to explain these things to the white liberal elites, they will try to put you down because they will be in complete denial or you will create cognitive dissonance. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You see plenty of these types that supposedly represent us in the media.

I cannot relate to any of them and to be frank I find them patronising.

There are a lot of nuances and contradictions and if you try to explain these things to the white liberal elites, they will try to put you down because they will be in complete denial or you will create cognitive dissonance. 

*cough* Lord Indrajit Singh *cough*