What your nitnem should look like

Guest Forestguy

Guest Forestguy

I forgot my account password and email lol so I have to make this here.

I am personally gonna follow this (as soon as I learn how to read gurmukhi properly)

This is just an idea but I think everyone should follow this, this is mainly for weekends because then you wont be able to get enough sleep. 

2:30am to 3am - Waheguru or Mool Mantar( Not required but its good to do)

3 am to 4 am - 5 banis, Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Saveya and Chaupi Sahib, this includes (kirpa kiree ham par jag mata)

4am to 4:15 - Shabad Hazaree and Shabad Hazaree Patshai 10 (Do Both)

4:15 am to 5:30 am - Akal Ustad (Takes around 1 hour 10 min to do so you can do Brahm Kavach (32 times)) or any other Dasam Granth Bani (Like Chandi Di Vaar). Must be Dasam Granth Bani though.....

5:30 am to 6:45 am - Sukhmani Sahib

Then do ardas

And if you have time

6:45 am to 7:30 - Asa di vaar

Then in the evening 

5 pm to 5:15- Rehras Sahib (Including Chaupi Sahib (including kirpa kiree ham par jag mata) and Anand Sahib (the short one))

5:15pm to 5:25pm - Aarti paath 

5:25pm to 6:40pm - Sukhmani Sahib 

Then ardas

Then at night Kirtan Sohila

I put Akal Ustad because I have heard it is equal to 16000 Waheguru Jaaps can someone confirm?

What do you guys think about this? and dont start a Dasam Granth Bani argument. 

Guest Forest guy
15 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

You missed out Anand Sahib for the morning Nitnem.

After Nitnem practice Naam Simran - this is very important.

Opps, Your gonna do naam simran before nitnem, does this make a difference or???

Guest Forest guy
16 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

You missed out Anand Sahib for the morning Nitnem.

After Nitnem practice Naam Simran - this is very important.

Yea I forgot to add that..... if mods are reading this can put Anand Sahib in?

On 12/22/2017 at 5:10 AM, Guest Forestguy said:

I put Akal Ustad because I have heard it is equal to 16000 Waheguru Jaaps can someone confirm? 

If it was, then Waheguru simran won't be necessary in the morning. We could just do 25 Akaal Ustaat's.

VJKK VJKF

17 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

If it was, then Waheguru simran won't be necessary in the morning. We could just do 25 Akaal Ustaat's.

That also makes sense...

VJKK VJKF

• 2 years later...
On 12/22/2017 at 5:10 AM, Guest Forestguy said:

I forgot my account password and email lol so I have to make this here.

I am personally gonna follow this (as soon as I learn how to read gurmukhi properly)

This is just an idea but I think everyone should follow this, this is mainly for weekends because then you wont be able to get enough sleep. 

2:30am to 3am - Waheguru or Mool Mantar( Not required but its good to do)

3 am to 4 am - 5 banis, Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Saveya and Chaupi Sahib, this includes (kirpa kiree ham par jag mata)

4am to 4:15 - Shabad Hazaree and Shabad Hazaree Patshai 10 (Do Both)

4:15 am to 5:30 am - Akal Ustad (Takes around 1 hour 10 min to do so you can do Brahm Kavach (32 times)) or any other Dasam Granth Bani (Like Chandi Di Vaar). Must be Dasam Granth Bani though.....

5:30 am to 6:45 am - Sukhmani Sahib

Then do ardas

And if you have time

6:45 am to 7:30 - Asa di vaar

Then in the evening 

5 pm to 5:15- Rehras Sahib (Including Chaupi Sahib (including kirpa kiree ham par jag mata) and Anand Sahib (the short one))

5:15pm to 5:25pm - Aarti paath 

5:25pm to 6:40pm - Sukhmani Sahib 

Then ardas

Then at night Kirtan Sohila

I put Akal Ustad because I have heard it is equal to 16000 Waheguru Jaaps can someone confirm?

What do you guys think about this? and dont start a Dasam Granth Bani argument. 

How can you say naam simran is not required?! all of gurbani is telling us to jap naam. Every ang is related to naam. Every rehatnama which tells us to read nitnem also say to jap naam before bani. Naam should start when your eyes open at amrit vela, carry on while showering and then finally on assan. This is what maharaj tells us

ਮਃ ੪ ॥
Fourth Mehla:

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥
One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ॥
Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥
Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

ਫਿਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥
Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥
One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ॥
That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੰਗੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥
Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Gauree - 305

Doesn’t everyone’s panj Singhs give hukam for 2 hours simran? Or is it different for every jatha

Minimum nitnem for abhiyaasi:

2 hours naam simran 

5 baniyan

Sukhmani sahib 

assa di vaar 

10 Ang sehaj paath 

this is what daas was told at amrit sanchar.