Effects of Dasam Granth Bani

Guest Forestguy

3 minutes ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Some people say dhadhi vaaran contains bir ras

They probably do to some degree. I don't think it's really the same thing however. Dhadi vaaran get you riled up and make you want to get vengance. Think there is probably some krodh in there rather than pure bir ras. Plus they aren't Maharaaj's Pavitar Uchaaran.

I see where you are coming from though.

• 10 months later...
Guest Guest77
On 12/23/2017 at 7:02 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Shastar Naam Mala isn't that long but it is quite an important bani. Thats why they say they its a huge paath becuase they are not referring to its length but they are referring to its content. I am not sure about the Chandi Di Vaar question. As for Akaal Ustat just add it as part of your daily nitnem it doesn't matter if its equal to 1600 vaheguru jaaps. As long as you are doing your paath then its all good. If I made any mistakes please forgive me, I am still learning.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF

Shastar naam mala is a big bani. Most of videos only cover 1st adhyay.

• 6 months later...
Guest Go kaur
On 12/23/2017 at 1:01 AM, Guest Someguy said:

No one is answering my question about doing chandi di vaar in the morning( i.e  if we have to follow the rules, the dhoop stuff in the morning) and why shastar naam mala is only 4 min(people say its a huge paath) and if akal ustad is equal to 16000 waheguru jaaps......

The actual bani takes up 90 angs in the Dasam Granth. What we are reading - the 4 min phat is the beginning. The weapons are all named., Apparently the other angs go deeper into the phat.

We would not be able to do 90 angs vs the short version....

Guest Guest Singh
On 12/22/2017 at 3:45 PM, Guest Someguy said:

Jaap Sahib is to praise Vaheguru and it gives us gian about Vaheguru. It also wakes us up and we have to concentrate to make sure we don't pronounce a word wrong.

Chandi Di Vaar is to get us ready for battle. It puts you in a warrior mood and you in a state of bir-ras.

Shastar Naam Mala has heavy bir-ras and it praises Shastar and mentions that another form of Akaalpurakh is Shastar.

Charitropakhyan tells us about how Sikhs should not fall into the trap of kaam and maya. It tells us stories and teaches us a lesson.

Tav Prasad Savaiye tells us that we should not take part in any rituals because they are pointless. It also describes a little bit about battle.

Chaupai Sahib is a benti to Vaheguru to keep us in their charan and kill our enemies.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj!!! Somebody please suggest how should I start reading more Bani. There is so much and I don't even do entire nitnem. I was thinking of starting a sehaj paatth after I successfully get the job that I'm preparing for. I feel like I don't even deserve to be called a Sikh when I haven't even listened to my Guru entirely.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:14 AM, Guest Forestguy said:

Could you guys tell me the effects of each Dasam Granth Bani?

And also if Akal Ustad is equal to 16000 waheguru jaaps. 

Please dont start a fight about Dasam Granth, I am just curious......

Getting Bir Rass [Warrior Power]. I normally do a shabad like Khag Khand Bihandan before I do a long jump

No, Akal Ustat does not equal 16,000 or whatever japs of Waheguru. 

One needs to do simran of Gurmantar themselves, there are NO shortcuts in Sikhi, only Gurmat.

• 10 months later...

Fateh,

I know it 2020 now but...

Shastar Naam Maala u can recite it, no worries. BUT if u plan to recite it 125,000 within a year or two the Bir Raas will b unbearable! You will literally see Swords n Shastars in front of you. Literally any shastar (inc. gun)! So this state is left for Brahm Gianis OR u need a Go-Ahead by a Brahm Giani (I kno we Matha teek n can ask SGGS to guide us for the Go-Ahead but OH! If only it was that simple)... 

Chandi Di vaar rules, do not recite after sunset unless u plan to continue recitation into the morning. Rampurkera vale sant ji used to recite it once after sunset. He was visited by two shaheeds who told him off for it. Another similar incident happened a few hundred years back. 

Is Shastar Naam Maala = to 16,000 Wahegurus? No idea. 

As a starting point. I would recommened 125,000 Gurmantar in a year or 1.5 year then do an Ardaas. Also start on 5 Japji Sahib recitations (6 in total if u inc Nitnem's). 

There is so much Mystism hidden in Baanias. We will understand only if we do heavy Mool Mantar and show importance to SGGS/ 7 Baania too. 

Finally, start learning the meaning of SGGS baanias and any u recite. SOOOOO SO many YT vids for translations. Giani Takhur Singh Ji's an excellent start point or Giani Jarnail Singh for 7 Baanias. For Dasam Granth Searchgurbani.com. 

On 4/27/2020 at 4:43 PM, Singh1989 said:

125,000 Gurmantar in a year

As per Sant Waryam Singh Ji 75000 gurmantra in a day or 100 malas moolmantar per day who want to get the naam going inside them, 

or 2.5 x 108 = ~ 270 malas or 29,160 gurmantra for atleast 1 year

or 8-10 hours of gurmantra japa everyday who want to attain something in this life

or 2.5 hrs gurmantra japa who want to wait till next birth

these are the bachan of mahapurush from their tapes, not mine. 

7 hours ago, H908 said:

Can you clarify this?

Also ive heard that sant waryam singh ji used to do this Kind of abhiyas.

Sant ishar singh ji recommended 2.5 pakki malas  everyday for serious abhiyasis. 1 pakki mala = 108 malas. So 2.5 pakki malas equal 270 malas of 108 manke. This total jap of 29,160.  Do this for one year everyday and japa will go inside from rasna to kanth, hirda and so on...

this is serious abhiyas , due to time constraints i have not been able to do it. But i am trying to do atleast 1 hr.