Effects of Dasam Granth Bani

Guest Forestguy

Guest Forestguy

Could you guys tell me the effects of each Dasam Granth Bani?

And also if Akal Ustad is equal to 16000 waheguru jaaps. 

Please dont start a fight about Dasam Granth, I am just curious......

VJKK VJKF

Jaap Sahib is to praise Vaheguru and it gives us gian about Vaheguru. It also wakes us up and we have to concentrate to make sure we don't pronounce a word wrong.

Chandi Di Vaar is to get us ready for battle. It puts you in a warrior mood and you in a state of bir-ras.

Shastar Naam Mala has heavy bir-ras and it praises Shastar and mentions that another form of Akaalpurakh is Shastar.

Charitropakhyan tells us about how Sikhs should not fall into the trap of kaam and maya. It tells us stories and teaches us a lesson.

Tav Prasad Savaiye tells us that we should not take part in any rituals because they are pointless. It also describes a little bit about battle.

Chaupai Sahib is a benti to Vaheguru to keep us in their charan and kill our enemies.

I tried to explain it as simply and as accurately as I could. Please forgive me if I made any mistakes.

Bhull Chuk Maaf

VJKK VJKF

Guest Someguy
48 minutes ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Jaap Sahib is to praise Vaheguru and it gives us gian about Vaheguru. It also wakes us up and we have to concentrate to make sure we don't pronounce a word wrong.

Chandi Di Vaar is to get us ready for battle. It puts you in a warrior mood and you in a state of bir-ras.

Shastar Naam Mala has heavy bir-ras and it praises Shastar and mentions that another form of Akaalpurakh is Shastar.

Charitropakhyan tells us about how Sikhs should not fall into the trap of kaam and maya. It tells us stories and teaches us a lesson.

Tav Prasad Savaiye tells us that we should not take part in any rituals because they are pointless. It also describes a little bit about battle.

Chaupai Sahib is a benti to Vaheguru to keep us in their charan and kill our enemies.

I tried to explain it as simply and as accurately as I could. Please forgive me if I made any mistakes.

Bhull Chuk Maaf

VJKK VJKF

Which gives more bir ras. Does Jaap Sahib give bir ras and also people say Shastar Naam Mala is a huge paath, but when I check youtube there are only 4 min videos so whats happening there and also what about brahm kavach? does that give you bir ras? and Shabad Hazare Patshai 10 what about that. Also what about akal ustat and its 16000 waheguru jaap thing

Also for Chandi di vaar, there are special rules. Do these rules apply if your gonna do it for the whole night, or when you gonna do  (i.e amrit vela), what I mean is that if i wake up at 4 and do it do I have to do the rules, i.e dhoop etc, or can I just start to read it like I do with the other banis?

Shastar Naam Mala has heavy bir ras? So that means I will not be able to handle the bir ras, untill I don't reach a "specific state"

I want to start Shabad Hazre Patshai 10, Brahm Kavach and Shastar Naam Mala and then eventually akal ustat. Will I be able to handle the bir ras. I do Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Sveya and Chaupi Sahib. 

All of Dasam Bani gives Shakti, Power. The entire of Dasam Pita's bani is euology to Akaal Purkh in the form of Kaal Purkh and Bhagauti, basically God in the form of pure power. This power we can use for whatever we wish, doing more Paath/Bhagati, to sustain us through the day and also to encourage us to do good things. Singhs used to use to inspire the will to fight for righteousness back in ye olden days.

In simple terms it instils Power in the reader. 

VJKK VJKF

10 hours ago, Guest Someguy said:

Which gives more bir ras. Does Jaap Sahib give bir ras and also people say Shastar Naam Mala is a huge paath, but when I check youtube there are only 4 min videos so whats happening there and also what about brahm kavach? does that give you bir ras? and Shabad Hazare Patshai 10 what about that. Also what about akal ustat and its 16000 waheguru jaap thing

Also for Chandi di vaar, there are special rules. Do these rules apply if your gonna do it for the whole night, or when you gonna do  (i.e amrit vela), what I mean is that if i wake up at 4 and do it do I have to do the rules, i.e dhoop etc, or can I just start to read it like I do with the other banis?

Shastar Naam Mala has heavy bir ras? So that means I will not be able to handle the bir ras, untill I don't reach a "specific state"

I want to start Shabad Hazre Patshai 10, Brahm Kavach and Shastar Naam Mala and then eventually akal ustat. Will I be able to handle the bir ras. I do Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Sveya and Chaupi Sahib. 

All Dasam Bani gives you bir-ras whether it be Jaap Sahib or Brahm Kavach. Chandi Di Vaar is not meant to be read after sunset because think about it: If you are in a state of bir-ras then you won't feel like sleeping, you will want to go to battle. Shastar Naam Mala (if you listen to it) you will be able to tell why it has heavier bir-ras compared to Jaap Sahib. You probably will be able to handle the bir-ras because I listen to it everyday and I'm fine. Its just if you do like, 10 Shastar Naam Mala da paath then you won't be able to handle the bir-ras to be frank, you will feel like going to battle. You will be able to handle the bir-ras but I highly recommend becoming fluent with Panj Baniya. Even I need to start to add more Dasam Bani to my nitnem but I am getting so lazy nowadays I am still struggling with amritvela. I apologise if I made any mistakes, I am still learning and I hope Guru Ji's pyari Sangat can forgive me.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF

7 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

All Dasam Bani gives you bir-ras whether it be Jaap Sahib or Brahm Kavach. Chandi Di Vaar is not meant to be read after sunset because think about it: If you are in a state of bir-ras then you won't feel like sleeping, you will want to go to battle. Shastar Naam Mala (if you listen to it) you will be able to tell why it has heavier bir-ras compared to Jaap Sahib. You probably will be able to handle the bir-ras because I listen to it everyday and I'm fine. Its just if you do like, 10 Shastar Naam Mala da paath then you won't be able to handle the bir-ras to be frank, you will feel like going to battle. You will be able to handle the bir-ras but I highly recommend becoming fluent with Panj Baniya. Even I need to start to add more Dasam Bani to my nitnem but I am getting so lazy nowadays I am still struggling with amritvela. I apologise if I made any mistakes, I am still learning and I hope Guru Ji's pyari Sangat can forgive me.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF

Some people here might attack u for what u mentioned.. lol and I totally agree with u it does gives us bir Ras and dasam banis has strict maryada but some people don’t know for whatever reasons they don’t want to believe it. 

18 hours ago, Guest Someguy said:

Yes IMO the rules are for when ur doing it for whole night.. when making it a part of ur nitnem thn u just do one path and in the end do Anand Sahib.. 

Guest Someguy
1 hour ago, Kaur72 said:

Yes IMO the rules are for when ur doing it for whole night.. when making it a part of ur nitnem thn u just do one path and in the end do Anand Sahib.. 

No one is answering my question about doing chandi di vaar in the morning( i.e  if we have to follow the rules, the dhoop stuff in the morning) and why shastar naam mala is only 4 min(people say its a huge paath) and if akal ustad is equal to 16000 waheguru jaaps......

VJKK VJKF

1 hour ago, Guest Someguy said:

No one is answering my question about doing chandi di vaar in the morning( i.e  if we have to follow the rules, the dhoop stuff in the morning) and why shastar naam mala is only 4 min(people say its a huge paath) and if akal ustad is equal to 16000 waheguru jaaps......

Shastar Naam Mala isn't that long but it is quite an important bani. Thats why they say they its a huge paath becuase they are not referring to its length but they are referring to its content. I am not sure about the Chandi Di Vaar question. As for Akaal Ustat just add it as part of your daily nitnem it doesn't matter if its equal to 1600 vaheguru jaaps. As long as you are doing your paath then its all good. If I made any mistakes please forgive me, I am still learning.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF

2 hours ago, Guest Someguy said:

1. If you are doing chandi di vaar in the morning then you don't have to follow the dhoop deep maryada but it is good to do so

2. The first adhyae of sri shaster naam mala is only about an ang long in sri dasam granth, but there are 5 adhyaes which are equal to around 90 sri dasam granth angs. We normally just read the first section in the gutka Sahib's. But there are other parts like paans naam, baan naam and other weapon names. 

3. Don't know.