Effects of Dasam Granth Bani

Guest Forestguy

14 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Bir-ras is a state of the mind and body. When you listen to bani from Guru Granth Sahib Ji then you feel peaceful so the state of mind and body then is Shaant-ras. Bir-ras puts you in a different state than Shaant-ras and Guru Ji said that we need both. We should be Sant-sipahi. Once you feel it you will know what it is. 

Bhull Chuk Maaf

VJKK VJKF 

Please provide me with what Bir Ras is.

VJKK VJKF 

7 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Please provide me with what Bir Ras is.

What do you mean? I told you exactly what bir-ras is in my previous post.

7 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Why would I not do paath of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji's Bani?

Then try to experience bir-ras, once you do you won't be asking what bir-ras is because you will feel it. ^_^

VJKK VJKF 

23 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF 

What do you mean? I told you exactly what bir-ras is in my previous post.

You did not tell me what Bir ras is.  Here I will quote your post so you can highlight where you told me what Bir ras is exactly.

Bir-ras puts you in a different state than Shaant-ras and Guru Ji said that we need both. We should be Sant-sipahi. 

All you have said it is different than shaant-ras.  That can meaning thing but shaant-ras.  

Then try to experience bir-ras, once you do you won't be asking what bir-ras is because you will feel it. ^_^

VJKK VJKF

How do you know if a personal experience is Bir Ras, when you can't explain what Bir Ras is?  I know you have not caught on yet.  

Bir Ras is a product of Mool Mantar.  Mool Mantar is in Sri Guru Granth sahib ji.  Bir Ras Bani starts with Ik Onkar in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji in the same way as Bani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.   This is the base and their is no feeling to fight or flight or freeze.  Bir Ras comes from santokh/contentment.  Dasam Bani takes santokh in Guru Sahib and uses this same Ras into the form of destroying evil. What you are talking about....feeling to fight is part of three gunas. And you are preconditioned to feel this way because people around you have said this Bani makes you feel this way and you hang on to words and tuks in isolation that will bring on this feeling.  Take a person who has not been told what Dasam Bani makes you into experiencing and the person will feel santokh with the ability to destroy evil.  Hence Singhs with a diet of nuts and milk were able to take on 10 soldiers who were fed meat and had better weapons.  

VJKK VJKF

4 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

You did not tell me what Bir ras is.  Here I will quote your post so you can highlight where you told me what Bir ras is exactly.

All you have said it is different than shaant-ras.  That can meaning thing but shaant-ras.  

Bir-ras is a state that helps you fight for righteousness. It puts you in a warrior state. I did tell you exactly what bir ras is. What is it that you want me to answer? It builds up your inner strength and makes you want to use that strength to fight for righteousness. It makes you powerful from the inside but you still maintain Daya for others and living beings. It is the Shakti within the bani that comes to help you do the right thing.

VJKK VJKF

17 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Bir-ras is a state that helps you fight for righteousness. It puts you in a warrior state. I did tell you exactly what bir ras is. What is it that you want me to answer? It builds up your inner strength and makes you want to use that strength to fight for righteousness. It makes you powerful from the inside but you still maintain Daya for others and living beings. It is the Shakti within the bani that comes to help you do the right thing.

VJKK VJKF

You said the following:

I felt like fighting for righteousness and I felt like my life didn't matter.

Chandi Di Vaar is not meant to be read after sunset because think about it: If you are in a state of bir-ras then you won't feel like sleeping, you will want to go to battle. 

You said after reading Chandi Vaar you felt like fighting for righteousness and a person can't go to sleep after reading Chandi di Vaar after sunset.  Dasam Bani root is Mool Mantar and Bir Ras comes from santokh.  So how would Bir Ras not let a person sleep if Chandi di Vaar is read after sunset and comes from santokh?  Lets make it even more clear.  When Sri Guru Hargobind sahib ji and his Sikhs were fighting wars.  There was no Dasam Bani, so where did Sikhs get Bir Ras from?  Were they devoid of Bir Ras, if so, did they lose every war?  Bir Ras starts with Ik Onkar and is based on no fear and no hatred, which translates into santokh. All these misconceptions created of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji have no sound statements to stand on.  

VJKK VJKF

10 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

You said after reading Chandi Vaar you felt like fighting for righteousness and a person can't go to sleep after reading Chandi di Vaar after sunset.

Yes, I did say that and the truth is that ultimately if you are hyped up with adrenaline, you are not going to sleep. Think about it, would you be able to sleep after doing lots of bir-ras bani?

10 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Dasam Bani root is Mool Mantar and Bir Ras comes from santokh.  So how would Bir Ras not let a person sleep if Chandi di Vaar is read after sunset and comes from santokh?

I agree that even Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj has bir-ras but Dasam bani was made for that purpose, to make us strong and make us warriors. Mool mantar is much deeper than we think and it is the ultimate mantar but Chandi Di Vaar has a lot of bir-ras like other bir-ras bani and different bani's have a difference purpose like Japji Sahib tells us how to reach Vaheguru but Jaap Sahib is praising Vaheguru and Salok Mahalla 9 tells us not to waste our lives and use our lives for meditating on Vaheguru. Almost every bani has santokh if not all. But the sound and the poetry and words makes us stronger because Guru Ji wanted us to be strong and protect and serve humanity. Santokh is contentment and we can be content in many ways, there isn't just one way to be content. EG: You could be content listening to hip-hop music but I could be content listening to classical music. So when we do any bani we get content but it makes us stronger and puts us in a warrior mood. Just the sound alone let alone the meaning makes you feel you're on the battlefield.

ਖਗ ਖੰਡ ਬਿਹੰਡੰ ਖਲਦਲ ਖੰਡੰ ਅਤਿ ਰਣ ਮੰਡੰ ਬਰਬੰਡੰ ॥

The sword chops well, chops the forces of fools and this mighty one bedecks and glorifies the battlefield.

11 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

There was no Dasam Bani, so where did Sikhs get Bir Ras from?  Were they devoid of Bir Ras, if so, did they lose every war?

No they got their bir-ras from Adi Granth Sahib Ji which also contains bir-ras. Its quite simple really... Adi Granth Sahib also contains bir-ras.

11 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Bir Ras starts with Ik Onkar and is based on no fear and no hatred, which translates into santokh. All these misconceptions created of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji have no sound statements to stand on.  

There are logical reasons when Shaheed Singhs tell us things. We should learn from others experiences and not let our ahankar (ego) get in the way.

Sorry if I offended you.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF 

8 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

No they got their bir-ras from Adi Granth Sahib Ji which also contains bir-ras. Its quite simple really... Adi Granth Sahib also contains bir-ras.

They also got their Bir Ras directly from Guru Sahib when the situation called for it. Guru Gobind Singh Ji knew they would be the last in the line of human Gurus, hence, they compiled Sri Dasam Granth for the generations to come. So yeah I think you were pretty spot on about Dasam Bani!

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

They also got their Bir Ras directly from Guru Sahib when the situation called for it. Guru Gobind Singh Ji knew they would be the last in the line of human Gurus, hence, they compiled Sri Dasam Granth for the generations to come. So yeah I think you were pretty spot on about Dasam Bani!

Some people say dhadhi vaaran contains bir ras