VJKK VJKF

2 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

There are two types of sikhs.

First one, is the one who is a sikh in  name, just superficially, which means,  looks more for the jewel boxes, than for the  jewels as contents to be had in those jewel boxes.

Then the second one,  is the one who is a sikh in deed/action, for he acts as per Guru´s teachings faithfully, without being concerned or bothered of the nonsense of the world. This sikh is called a Gursikh.

Regarding this second type of Sikh, Satguru Ram Das Maharaj beautifully tells us something about it, in the following verses :

ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਮੀਤ ਚਲਹੁ ਗੁਰ ਚਾਲੀ

Gurasikh Meeth Chalahu Gur Chaalee ||

O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru's Path.

*First of all, he walks on the path as described by the Guru to be followed

ਜੋ ਗੁਰੁ ਕਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਭਲ ਮਾਨਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

Jo Gur Kehai Soee Bhal Maanahu Har Har Kathhaa Niraalee ||1|| Rehaao ||

Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful.

*Secondly, for him, that Gursikh, only the Sat bachan of Guru Jee, is the law, is the Truth, thus his keen desire to please Him.

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਤ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਜਨ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿਹੁ ਬੇਗਿ ਬੇਗਾਲੀ ॥

Har Kae Santh Sunahu Jan Bhaaee Gur Saevihu Baeg Baegaalee ||

O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: serve the Guru, quickly now!

*Thirdly,  he puts all his efforts/focus/attention, to act accordingly and diligently, for his own benefit, as no one has seen tomorrow.

ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿ ਖਰਚੁ ਹਰਿ ਬਾਧਹੁ ਮਤ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਆਜੁ ਕਿ ਕਾਲ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ॥੨

Sathagur Saev Kharach Har Baadhhahu Math Jaanahu Aaj K Kaalhee ||2||

Let your service to the True Guru be your supplies on the Lord's Path; pack them up, and don't think of today or tomorrow. ||2||

*Fourthly,  for him, now is the moment to serve and act or do his bhakti, as per Guru Jee´s instructions or advice, since then he forgets and stops all his manmukh type devotion which he used to do as the first type of sikh as described above, and concentrates only on walking on the path by Guru Jee, without looking here or there.

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਤ ਜਪਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਸੰਤੁ ਚਲੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਲੀ ॥

Har Kae Santh Japahu Har Japanaa Har Santh Chalai Har Naalee ||

O Saints of the Lord, chant the chant of the Lord's Name; the Lord's Saints walk with the Lord.

*Fifthly,  he realizes that, Har ka nam japna, is the secret of reuniting oneself with Him.

this is confirmed by Guru Jee in the following verse.

ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿਆ ਸੇ ਹਰਿ ਹੋਏ ਹਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਕੇਲ ਕੇਲਾਲੀ ॥੩॥

Jin Har Japiaa Sae Har Hoeae Har Miliaa Kael Kaelaalee ||3||

Those who meditate on the Lord, become the Lord; the playful, wondrous Lord meets them. ||3||

*In this last verse above,  Guru Jee crystal clearly cut, and direct to the point, tells us that, if one wants to merge in Him, one has to do only do His jaap, rest is all manmukhta or bahamnavdee.

Sat Sree Akal.

Beautiful post veerji. Anyone can be Sikh but we take being Sikh for granted and we do not recognise the biggest daat (gift) is being a Sikh. You are even more blessed if you are not just a Sikh but you are a Gursikh. We have no power, we are just mere puppets playing in the hands of Vaheguru. Vaheguru is all loving and all forgiving and our Eternal Father. We are blessed to read and contemplate upon His teachings. Not everyone is blessed with the daat of being a Gursikh and it is to do with your Karam. If we are blessed with amrit then all our sins are washed away. It shows how powerful gurbani and amrit is. A True Sikh is someone who focuses on Vaheguru and Vaheguru alone. He/she is not lured by maya and materialistic things. A True Sikh loves his Guru and follows his Guru without any question, because he knows his Guru can never be wrong... Please forgive me if I made any mistakes.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF 

SGGS Ang 1369

ਕਬੀਰ ਸਿਖ ਸਾਖਾ ਬਹੁਤੇ ਕੀਏ ਕੇਸੋ ਕੀਓ  ਮੀਤੁ  
कबीर सिख साखा बहुते कीए केसो कीओ न मीतु ॥ 
Kabīr sikẖ sākẖā bahuṯe kī▫e keso kī▫o na mīṯ. 
Kabeer has made many students and disciples, but he has not made God his friend. 

ਚਾਲੇ ਥੇ ਹਰਿ ਮਿਲਨ ਕਉ ਬੀਚੈ ਅਟਕਿਓ ਚੀਤੁ ॥੯੬॥ 
चाले थे हरि मिलन कउ बीचै अटकिओ चीतु ॥९६॥ 
Cẖāle the har milan ka▫o bīcẖai atki▫o cẖīṯ. ||96|| 
He set out on a journey to meet the Lord, but his consciousness failed him half-way. ||96|| 

I chose this line on purpose so that we can see that Kabir JI chose to use the word Sikh before Guru Nanak Dev ji even came into the world. As we can see Sikh means a student or a disciple. 

In the olden days, before the Gurus anybody who performed bhagti was made the Guru. This pangti refers to those sadhus who gain alot of Sikhs or students and then they forget about bhagti. Therefore our Gurus never forgot about their own nitnem whilst still having Sikhs following them. 

A sadhu can think that when he gains Sikhs to guide, he has reached the final place. When people say wah wah to you that you are a good Sikh etc, you should still remember to perform your nitnem daily and be above praise and dispraise. That is what true sikhi is all about.

On 23/12/2017 at 3:01 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Beautiful post veerji. Anyone can be Sikh but we take being Sikh for granted and we do not recognise the biggest daat (gift) is being a Sikh. You are even more blessed if you are not just a Sikh but you are a Gursikh. We have no power, we are just mere puppets playing in the hands of Vaheguru. Vaheguru is all loving and all forgiving and our Eternal Father. We are blessed to read and contemplate upon His teachings. Not everyone is blessed with the daat of being a Gursikh and it is to do with your Karam. If we are blessed with amrit then all our sins are washed away. It shows how powerful gurbani and amrit is. A True Sikh is someone who focuses on Vaheguru and Vaheguru alone. He/she is not lured by maya and materialistic things. A True Sikh loves his Guru and follows his Guru without any question, because he knows his Guru can never be wrong... Please forgive me if I made any mistakes.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF 

Sat Sree Akal Pen Jee,

there are almost no mistakes in your post, rather much love and faith in Waheguru, except one, that it is not beautiful what I have written, for a moorakh like me, is unable to write such things, the real beauty is in the Bani, and that is what is to be paid attention, whether in my posts, or in any other members or guests  posts on the sites.

It is the duty of all of us as sikhs of Guru Jee, to inspire and uplift ourselves with the aid of the Bani,  which is the real panacea for all our miseries and shortcomings/weaknesses.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal

VJKK VJKF

18 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Sat Sree Akal Pen Jee,

there are almost no mistakes in your post, rather much love and faith in Waheguru, except one, that it is not beautiful what I have written, for a moorakh like me, is unable to write such things, the real beauty is in the Bani, and that is what is to be paid attention, whether in my posts, or in any other members or guests  posts on the sites.

It is the duty of all of us as sikhs of Guru Jee, to inspire and uplift ourselves with the aid of the Bani,  which is the real panacea for all our miseries and shortcomings/weaknesses.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal

Such nimarta... I learn lots and I am very glad that Vaheguru has blessed me with Sangat; regardless if it is online Sangat. I am very lucky to have lots of veerji's like you and @Singh2017 (and many others) who make me feel blessed. This is what I learn off my Guru; I see everyone as my veerji, dad, granddad, grandma, mum and sister. There is no difference between you and my blood family. Thank you.

Bhull Chuk Maaf

VJKK VJKF

On 25/12/2017 at 4:39 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Such nimarta... I learn lots and I am very glad that Vaheguru has blessed me with Sangat; regardless if it is online Sangat. I am very lucky to have lots of veerji's like you and @Singh2017 (and many others) who make me feel blessed. This is what I learn off my Guru; I see everyone as my veerji, dad, granddad, grandma, mum and sister. There is no difference between you and my blood family. Thank you.

Bhull Chuk Maaf

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

Penji, you picked the wrong name to highlight there. There are so many people on here with so much more love and knowledge than myself Ji. I  like the teaching that you've applied to your life about seeing everyone as blood family. That's beautiful Ji. Maharaj kirpa we can keep the love between the sangat getting bigger and bigger and it's people like you with love like that which is going to keep this panth together. Many times we are criticised as Sikhs by other faiths and parties saying things like, "You don't have a large enough number of people to make a difference to the world" or "You're the youngest religion and have the least people so we are better than you are because more people follow us" etc etc. Sangat Ji, even with only about 30 million people we are the 5th largest religion in the world... 5th! That is quite highly placed for a religion with not "enough" people to make a difference to the world. However, the most important thing here is to remember that it doesn't matter how big the family is, only how happy the family is and in sangat there is nothing but pyar Ji. We are very blessed to have each other in this kaaljug and we can only get through it together, in saadhsangat. Through the sangat we shall keep the pyar coming and through the sangat we will send our ego and hate running! Maharaj Kirpa. 

Vaheguru Ji. 

VJKK VJKF

1 hour ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Penji, you picked the wrong name to highlight there. There are so many people on here with so much more love and knowledge than myself Ji. I  like the teaching that you've applied to your life about seeing everyone as blood family. That's beautiful Ji. Maharaj kirpa we can keep the love between the sangat getting bigger and bigger and it's people like you with love like that which is going to keep this panth together. Many times we are criticised as Sikhs by other faiths and parties saying things like, "You don't have a large enough number of people to make a difference to the world" or "You're the youngest religion and have the least people so we are better than you are because more people follow us" etc etc. Sangat Ji, even with only about 30 million people we are the 5th largest religion in the world... 5th! That is quite highly placed for a religion with not "enough" people to make a difference to the world. However, the most important thing here is to remember that it doesn't matter how big the family is, only how happy the family is and in sangat there is nothing but pyar Ji. We are very blessed to have each other in this kaaljug and we can only get through it together, in saadhsangat. Through the sangat we shall keep the pyar coming and through the sangat we will send our ego and hate running! Maharaj Kirpa. 

Vaheguru Ji. 

Sorry veerji, I make a lot of mistakes every day of my living life but that name that I highlighted (you) wasn't a mistake. You are indeed my veerji and I am glad. Of course I see the Sangat as my blood family, we all came from the same place (Vaheguru) so I see no difference between you and my real brother. I am not the one who came up with the idea of seeing the Sangat as my family it was Guru Ji who told me to see Vaheguru in all and everyone as my family. I have no power to say or do anything I am just a mere puppet playing in the hands of Vaheguru. Yes I do agree that we are "being the youngest religion" but I don't think any other religion is as beautiful as Sikhi. They have certain aspects of beauty but Sikhi is beautiful all round. You are right we are very blessed to have Sangat in Kaljug. Guru Ji gave us the biggest daat (gift) of Sangat. We need to keep the pyar and demolish our ego. There are so many better people out there than me. I am nowhere near at the same level as people on this forum let alone the panth. See me as the dust of the feet of the saints like you.

Bhull Chuk Maaf.

VJKK VJKF

• 8 months later...