whats going on with UK nihungs these days?

superkaur

On 1/1/2018 at 5:48 PM, MrDoaba said:

While I have the utmost respect for these soldiers, we seem to be making the assumption that they were ALL prime examples of Gursikhs with uchi suchi jeevan

You are actually right. 

As dallysingh has shared letters written by indian soldiers in WWs. We know some sikhs did not behave morally all.the time.

Also there is a biography of Sant M. S. Kamaliye wale. dont remember his full name. But he was a real Gursikh and he expected his soldiers to act morally. And had strict instructions that no matter how the German ladies acted, his soldiers were not to engage. 

I dont remember the punishment he advocated for breaking those rules.

But it does show that not all sikhs were sant level. 

And i think it should be noted that European women were not all promiscuous. Its just that europe has a culture of camp ladies. Women who follow the army and provide laundering, cooking and other services. It was probably these women who were so friendly and pushy. As their livelihood depends on the army. 

And no soldier should be happy to be pursued by them. They are like prostitutes and probably carry diseases. And its just a business to them. So any person with a brain should not be flattered or tempted. 

14 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

You are actually right. 

As dallysingh has shared letters written by indian soldiers in WWs. We know some sikhs did not behave morally all.the time.

Also there is a biography of Sant M. S. Kamaliye wale. dont remember his full name. But he was a real Gursikh and he expected his soldiers to act morally. And had strict instructions that no matter how the German ladies acted, his soldiers were not to engage. 

I dont remember the punishment he advocated for breaking those rules.

But it does show that not all sikhs were sant level. 

And i think it should be noted that European women were not all promiscuous. Its just that europe has a culture of camp ladies. Women who follow the army and provide laundering, cooking and other services. It was probably these women who were so friendly and pushy. As their livelihood depends on the army. 

And no soldier should be happy to be pursued by them. They are like prostitutes and probably carry diseases. And its just a business to them. So any person with a brain should not be flattered or tempted. 

those letters are quite eye opening arent they! then again they were just humans  no different to people of today.  we tend to think people of the past were saints that clearly aint true.   many parts of Europe in the past were just as liberal if not even more liberal than Europe of today.  just look at pictures of berlin b4 the war.   these indian soldiers came from very conservative indian societies and then all a sudden ended up in some very sexually liberated european cultures,  many of the punjabi soldiers must of been like kids in a sweet shop.     

i was reading about a punjabi daku called malangi   who was a muslim but when he was a young boy his mother ran away with a sikh man and took him as well. iv heard similar stories pre partition