Hindu devte coming into my dad??

Guest Khalsa

Guest Khalsa

I come from a punjabi sikh “jatt” family and  from a young age and even up until now my grandfather and my dad believe in Hindu gods and at my babas home we have guru Nanak dev ji pic next to shiva and balak naath. I know confusing. Whenever we go India we not only go to gurdware but also the mountains of the devte like naina devi near anandpur sahib.

My mum had a hard time once she was married. She came into England to get married at 19 and ever since then my dad used to physically abuse her. He would often come home drunk and hit my mum for not making food or staying up to keep his company even though she had work at 5 am. She suffered this abuse only because she wanted me and my older brother to have a mother figure in our lives. When I was about 8 my father tried to burn my mums hair and from then on she called the police and chose to divorce my dad. I went with my mum but my grandparents took my older brother from my mum and kept him to themselves. 

The abuse didn’t stop there. My mum would come and try to get my older brother back but she would get shoved and pushed by my chacha and even my bibi. I even remember my chacha spitting on my mums face. 

Ok so reading this do u think that my dad or chacha would have a devta come into him and bless everyone. A person that drinks eats meat and abuses his wife. He also has a lot of krodh and gambles a lot. 

For me and my brother my mum came back to this terriable family and she isn’t suffereimg abuse from my family as me ad brother are older, but once my dad hit my mums arm And me and my brother put my dad in A and E. Why didn’t he get the spirit of chandi then to come a defend him?

My mum has been through so much because of my dad, how can he be blessed with such a thing. I have seen this spirit in himself and all he does is shake his head, stick his tounge out and make noise. 

My mum japs naam a lot and even though she is a Radha Soami, it’s because of her I’m a amritdhari sikh today at 17, I took Amrit at the age of 12 and the only person that backed me to take Amrit and drove me 3 hours to London for the Amrit sanchar was my mum. She would sing shabads to me before going to bed and tell me ithihaas of shaheeds and she would always say guru ji loves us very much, she also attendeds the gurdwara and does seva. She has completed a medical degree and my brother is also doing his now at a top uni (and daas is completing his a levels to join them!), my grandparents say it’s because of the devte in my dad but I think it’s because of maharajis and my MUMs kirpa. She would always pray that we won’t end up like my dad or baba (he also used to hit my bibi). It looks like my mum has been blessed not my dad who says he has dreams of durga ji talking to him and saying everything’s going to be ok. Also to get my mum back when she was divorced he would go to all of these babay and offer money and I even think he did some wired stuff as he used to take my mums pic and put a tilk and stuff on it. But my mum never came back because of that BS she came for me and my brother as sheknew we were struggling and she took my brother from failing his exams to starting a medical degree, again something my dad says his devte in him did.

So as a amritdhari, should I believe this? Do u believe this?

12 hours ago, Guest Khalsa said:

I come from a punjabi sikh “jatt” family and  from a young age and even up until now my grandfather and my dad believe in Hindu gods and at my babas home we have guru Nanak dev ji pic next to shiva and balak naath. I know confusing. Whenever we go India we not only go to gurdware but also the mountains of the devte like naina devi near anandpur sahib.

My mum had a hard time once she was married. She came into England to get married at 19 and ever since then my dad used to physically abuse her. He would often come home drunk and hit my mum for not making food or staying up to keep his company even though she had work at 5 am. She suffered this abuse only because she wanted me and my older brother to have a mother figure in our lives. When I was about 8 my father tried to burn my mums hair and from then on she called the police and chose to divorce my dad. I went with my mum but my grandparents took my older brother from my mum and kept him to themselves. 

The abuse didn’t stop there. My mum would come and try to get my older brother back but she would get shoved and pushed by my chacha and even my bibi. I even remember my chacha spitting on my mums face. 

Ok so reading this do u think that my dad or chacha would have a devta come into him and bless everyone. A person that drinks eats meat and abuses his wife. He also has a lot of krodh and gambles a lot. 

For me and my brother my mum came back to this terriable family and she isn’t suffereimg abuse from my family as me ad brother are older, but once my dad hit my mums arm And me and my brother put my dad in A and E. Why didn’t he get the spirit of chandi then to come a defend him?

My mum has been through so much because of my dad, how can he be blessed with such a thing. I have seen this spirit in himself and all he does is shake his head, stick his tounge out and make noise. 

My mum japs naam a lot and even though she is a Radha Soami, it’s because of her I’m a amritdhari sikh today at 17, I took Amrit at the age of 12 and the only person that backed me to take Amrit and drove me 3 hours to London for the Amrit sanchar was my mum. She would sing shabads to me before going to bed and tell me ithihaas of shaheeds and she would always say guru ji loves us very much, she also attendeds the gurdwara and does seva. She has completed a medical degree and my brother is also doing his now at a top uni (and daas is completing his a levels to join them!), my grandparents say it’s because of the devte in my dad but I think it’s because of maharajis and my MUMs kirpa. She would always pray that we won’t end up like my dad or baba (he also used to hit my bibi). It looks like my mum has been blessed not my dad who says he has dreams of durga ji talking to him and saying everything’s going to be ok. Also to get my mum back when she was divorced he would go to all of these babay and offer money and I even think he did some wired stuff as he used to take my mums pic and put a tilk and stuff on it. But my mum never came back because of that BS she came for me and my brother as sheknew we were struggling and she took my brother from failing his exams to starting a medical degree, again something my dad says his devte in him did.

So as a amritdhari, should I believe this? Do u believe this?

There’s quite a lot going on that you’ve written there. Normally when people go to these places where’s there’s a baba type person are diverted from the truth. Devi/devte would not harm anybody as far as I know, but if anybody knows more please explain. It’s the baba type people that would be using wrong methods to attract people to profit from it. I don’t think he’s blessed by anything from what you’ve described, but sounds more like has negativity on him from the way he’s behaving, aswell as the ongoing problems he/the family have.  Just don’t eat anything given by them, or give any of your clothes in case it’s any negativity is being sent your way  and keep doing Gurbani. Gurbani is what will help you. It may be that he’s being manipulated or brainwashed by another person so it creates distress in the family. Do Ardas to Waheguru to help your father to get out of that environment also and hope he gets on the right path too. 

Your mother did good by taking you and your brother away from that negativity. As an Amritdhari you will have Guruji so keep doing paath and Simran, then nothing can come near you. You are lucky you are away from it, there’s people that are stuck in families that have to go through the divisions made by family members and baba types, I wouldn’t even call them babas, but pakhandis. 

Have you had any professional help? Call one of the Sikh organisation helplines for more advice. 

Evil devte are there to make your life miserable.  They cause poverty,failure in life, family breakups, confusion,  disorientation, physical pains and bad feelings. 

God is the complete opposite.  Man is the one who chooses what powers you want to work for you.  If you don't choose the good ones through guidance from your parents or Guru or guide,  then without any doubt you will have the dark powers working to bring you down.  

So keep asking the good powers via path to keep protecting you.  Simran penji is right.  Don't eat anything from them and don't leave your used thinga around at theirs.  Ask Guru ji to protect you often and make sure you say your prayers and go to gurdwara often. 

Your dad does seem totally misguided right from the start. 

9 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

Evil devte are there to make your life miserable.

Evil??? What a silly thing to say.

4 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

Opposite of good? Bad devte? Ic thatsuits your palette better.

Smh. What's the point.

And where is your evidence to back up that Devi Devte are responsible for the OP's misfortune?

Having a picture of any Devi Devte does not cause any of what you said, neither does going to Naina Devi. What slander.

Yes they can cause issues but they aren't inherently evil/opposite of good/bad. Especially seeing as his dad seems to be their bhakt.

Either this is a case of jaadu toona from going to all these dodgy babe, or the OP's father has some kind of mental issues. He sounds delusional.

Shaking his head, sticking his tongue out, and making noise, sounds like he needs professional help. Doesn't sound like the spirit of any Devi Devte to me.

2 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Having a picture of any Devi Devte does not cause any of what you said, neither does going to Naina Devi. What slander.

Exactly!

Why on earth would anyone think this?

2 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

ither this is a case of jaadu toona from going to all these dodgy babe, or the OP's father has some kind of mental issues. He sounds delusional.

yeh, it's a case of not sticking to a dharam.

I thought he meant spirit by devte... as I am translating it to mean angel or spirits to be exact. Thanks for the correction.  He doesn't mention some particular one so I was not sure.  Yes I meant some type of bad spirit is causing tthis perhaps in the pretext of pretending to be some kinda of devte.

4 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Yes they can cause issues but they aren't inherently evil/opposite of good/bad. Especially seeing as his dad seems to be their bhakt.

Either this is a case of jaadu toona from going to all these dodgy babe, or the OP's father has some kind of mental issues. He sounds delusional.

Agree. 

we must understand the nirguna sarguna roop.

Also the real durga/bhagauti roop of Akaal is written by Guru Gobind Singh in Chandi Di Vaar and Uggardanti, and the kripaan you wear and the swords Singhs carry also represent sri bhagauti. This is the Bhagauti a sikh believes in, not the statue of the woman.

need to show bani and roop to your dad and paternal relatives. They need to control these energies instead of being influenced by them.