Guru Nanak Dev Ji - Aarti

21 hours ago, Damdamitaksaal84 said:

Nanak shah fakir is a incorrect film and was banned by Sikhs all over the world because it is giving a wrong image about Sikhs and is disrespectful because they portray guru Nanak Dev Jee as a normal person and mahraaj Jee is being acted so therefore I would believe nothing about this film it is just made for money.

Only a small group of people got to see it because it was removed. I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Did any one from this forum go to see it?

I had went to watch it. Outside the cinema there was a handful of our brothers outside, trying to deter everyone from watching it... From what they had been told, and telling people was false. First of all, there was not an actor playing Satguru Nanak Dev Ji, it was an animated light.

The movie was a collection of sakhia narrated and relived through the eyes of bhai mardana ji. It highlighted Satguru ji's messages to the world... the cinematography was awesome. The soundtrack was gurbani shabad kirtan. I still listen to it, and the version of the aarti mentioned above I find blissful.

Okay, I can see the issue with actors/actress playing certain roles. But if you think with an open mind, its the first time someone has made a movie about Guru Nanak Dev Ji and put on it a worldwide level platform. A part from jesus christ, I don't think I've seen a movie of that calibre about any other faith.

To me and what I have understood from gurujis teachings. Everything is temporary, and death is a reality. everything turns back into dust... the only thing that is true and constant is Waheguru! If we look at the world and history, people have argued about what jesus had looked like. Have these people listened and learnt from the bible?! I've heard people say about guru jis painting, this is the real roop of guruji (not too sure if was at gurudwara sisganj or bangla sahib) - But from my understanding, the body is a vessel and is temporary. I have not read or seen anywhere to worship the gurus processions and artefacts. Don't get me wrong when I see such items and shastars I bow my head out of respect as it had belonged to gurus. but the gurus have never said worshp them or material things.

I saw the movie as re asserting what we have been taught. some of the core sikhi principles. It was a reminder of the love and greatness of guru nanak dev ji.

Being an introvert and one who doesn't know how to express himself well, what I'm trying to say is if we look beyond the material things and try to understand on an open and deeper platform, maybe one day those seeking salvation will be blessed. I think it all starts with being humane with a combination of understanding what has been said in the bani and practicing it.

Forgive me if I had said anything wrong. I'm still learning. I've joined this forum to learn through expressing my views. kindly correct me and help me understand if you disagree

14 hours ago, monatosingh said:

I think if we see that the history that the movie presents is wrong then we do our own research but the movie itself is inspiring us to follow the Truth.

since this movie , many of our itihaasic places have been kar sewa-ed into nothing ness ... we should stop SGPC from ever approaching any of our itihaasic gurdwara with a chisel, paintbrush or cement mixer . They are destroying our true heritage and replacing it with 'mandir' ready for takeover  by hindus.

On 03/01/2018 at 5:02 PM, Damdamitaksaal84 said:

Nanak shah fakir is a incorrect film and was banned by Sikhs all over the world because it is giving a wrong image about Sikhs and is disrespectful because they portray guru Nanak Dev Jee as a normal person and mahraaj Jee is being acted so therefore I would believe nothing about this film it is just made for money.

Why is it incorrect? Have you seen it?