Mum's wanna make me doctor, I want to be something else

Guest teenagesingh

Similar to when I wanted to take amrit but my mum didn't let me (I just took it anyways).

You don't ASK her, you TELL her.

Big difference.

If you ask her, you will make her feel that she has authority.

If you tell her, you will have the responsibility.

Otherwise just ignore her. She won't care after you become what she didn't want you to become.

Guest Random-Dude

pyare veer ji,

dont stress yourself, do your nitnem do abyaas mahraj will lead you.

Dont fight with your mom, whenever she starts telling you to become a doctor just say acha ji after that.

And dont start telling her this and that.

Every job has pro and cons

However, its our duty to do the efford but its in mahraj ji hands if you get the reward.

Guest jigsaw puzzle

Do whats in your heart don't force yourself to do something you don't. I know doctors that have changed career due to high pressure/workload, ridiculous /unpredicatable working hours, demoralisation  and not having a life outside of work. You have to sacrifice your life basically for a job which isn't worth it. Medicine isn't what you think and you don't realise this until you become one. You are forced to do things which you don't want to. The system is rife with corruption and all you are is a pharmaceutical agent prescribing/administrating drugs which don't cure anything but mask symptoms and cause disease through side effects. You are indoctrinated in med school to frown upon natural cures/systems like Ayurveda and are not taught about real medicine. You basically become a walking talking robot for the pharmaceutical companies without you even knowing. I know doctors that keep silent and feel they have invested too much to jump ship so just continue suffering day to day. My friends wished they had done something else. 

in hindsight, i would have told myself to do something with a good work/life balance so i can actually live a life of some quality rather than be enslaved by work. Trust me its not worth it especially if you  want to live a spiritual life. 

At the end of the day you want to be happy and have a life which you won't have if you do medicine. Plus knowing that you are not curing illness but giving  ineffective drugs that cause a vicious cycle of side effects and more drugs is really disheartening. Plus you are not allowed to discuss your own views or alternative remedies or anything which casts doubt/is against the corporate lies of big pharma. 

Allopathic medicine is a fraudulent industry. Its not a job of seva or helping people which you may think. 

e.g http://whale.to/a/allopathy_h.html

Guest jigsaw puzzle

Also i would advise you to think long and hard about what career you want and then decide on what you want to do at university. Think about your long term plans. You don't want to go uni just for the sake of it. it has to be valuable to your goals and act accordingly. E.g i know people that having done biochemistry, are unable to get a good job and have gone onto to other degrees due to a lack of foresight/planning in the fist place. So look at the job opportunities and research where the degree will take you. I know it sounds daunting but the decision you make now is really important as it will shape your foreseeable future and you really don't want to be getting it wrong or regretting not doing your own research. So take your time, ask yourself what you want, speak to people that have been in a similar position and don't be forced to live other people's dreams but. live your own. That way it won't play on your soul and you won't have any regrets. Good luck