Is India overated?

Big_Tera

There are countless shows on the telly of India. That make India out as a vibrant and beatiful country full of culture, monuments and history. 

Yet having visited Dehli. 

my views are the following. 

Its filthy in most places

it smells badly and polluted, congested and cramped. The people are rude with no manners. Its boring and dull. Everyone seems miserable and in a bad mood. I rarely see people smiling or laughter. 

This is probably down to the harsh and brutal enviriment they live in. 

Is it the same all over? is punjab any different. 

2 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

There are countless shows on the telly of India. That make India out as a vibrant and beatiful country full of culture, monuments and history. 

Yet having visited Dehli. 

my views are the following. 

Its filthy in most places

it smells badly and polluted, congested and cramped. The people are rude with no manners. Its boring and dull. Everyone seems miserable and in a bad mood. I rarely see people smiling or laughter. 

This is probably down to the harsh and brutal enviriment they live in. 

It's what Donald Trump would define as a sh**h*le 

4 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Its boring and dull.

Are you really basing your view on a whole subcontinent after visiting one sh!tty city?

5 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

You were in Delhi, why didn't you go? It's not far.

Guest GuestSingh
2 minutes ago, NonExistant said:

I HATE India! 

Our problem should be with the government and those affiliated to it, not innocent people who are poor, suppressed by the state or fighting for their own independence.

1 minute ago, GuestSingh said:

Our problem should be with the government and those affiliated to it, not innocent people who are poor, suppressed by the state or fighting for their own independence.

Exactly. Apart from the politics and gorment, India would be an amazing place to travel around.

I wonder how much of the West's wilful misrepresentation of India - partly, I'm certain, as a misguided form of political correctness - has lead to naive Westerners making their way over there, only to realise the reality does not mesh with the Indian tourist board fantasies projected to people over here. Funnily enough, all pretences of India being a society that doesn't teeter on the edge of poverty and injustice is abandoned when reports of a gang rape or two make international headlines. That's when the finger wagging begins.

11 minutes ago, NonExistant said:

I HATE India! 

all of it lol or like the pansies that can't deal with the flies and mozzies?

anyhow, could not disagree more, when I go to Punjab it feels like I have arrived home. yes it can be cleaner, only some parts really stench, usually where carrion is disposed and agree the pollution can be stifling, but this is the main cities. we dont have that much of an issue in the pends, where I tend to spend most of the time.

when I have the need to travel through Ludhiana to my nanke in Jallandhar dist. or for that matter any long distance stint in Punjab, I tend to leave before dawn, this way you avoid all the traffic and hence pollution.

Town folk are just like in the UK, I mean who smiles in London? If you did prob think a) weirdo alert or b) binga!

Guest GuestSingh
15 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Exactly. Apart from the politics and gorment, India would be an amazing place to travel around.

The beaches in the south look like what you see in a catalogue or on TV and the monsoons in the north-east seem like an experience. So much diversity in wildlife and home of great inventions too.

There is a giant sundial (Delhi?) that was used to set the time and some sort of drain made from a pyramidal structure that collected rainwater with steps for people to use it. A lot to see there.

19 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

The beaches in the south look like what you see in a catalogue or on TV and the monsoons in the north-east seem like an experience. So much diversity in wildlife and the home of many great inventions too.

There is a giant sundial (Delhi?) that was used to set the time and some sort of drain made from a pyramidal structure that collected rainwater with steps for people to use it. A lot to see there.

They do indeed. I haven't been myself but after hearing other folks talking about their trips to the south, it sounds like a place you could certainly kick back and chill. Many rich westerners go to the south.

There's a lot to see all over India. There's diversity in everything. In many ways, as you travel the length and breadth it wouldn't even seem like the same place. Apne tend to have a bias against India because they can't seperate the religious, political, and social.

Not sure about the sundial although I think you're referring to Jantar Mantar, Delhi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jantar_Mantar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jantar_Mantar,_New_Delhi

The pyramidal structures are baoli's. Here's an amazing link:

https://www.boredpanda.com/ancient-architecture-unesco-heritage-stepwell-victoria-lautman-india/

This whole topic is ridiculous - the OP's observations are generic (sounds like Southall tbh), there's places like that all over the world. Topic has been created to cause controversy out of sheer anti-India/Hinduphobic sentiments which the ignorant and unparh have or it's simply an attempt at trolling.