Big_Tera

Is India overated?

13 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

They do indeed. I haven't been myself but after hearing other folks talking about their trips to the south, it sounds like a place you could certainly kick back and chill. Many rich westerners go to the south.

There's a lot to see all over India. There's diversity in everything. In many ways, as you travel the length and breadth it wouldn't even seem like the same place. Apne tend to have a bias against India because they can't seperate the religious, political, and social.

Not sure about the sundial although I think you're referring to Jantar Mantar, Delhi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jantar_Mantar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jantar_Mantar,_New_Delhi

The pyramidal structures are baoli's. Here's an amazing link:

https://www.boredpanda.com/ancient-architecture-unesco-heritage-stepwell-victoria-lautman-india/

This whole topic is ridiculous - the OP's observations are generic (sounds like Southall tbh), there's places like that all over the world. Topic has been created to cause controversy out of sheer anti-India/Hinduphobic sentiments which the ignorant and unparh have or it's simply an attempt at trolling.

That's the one.

The OP is just basing his experience on Delhi. What you say is true - a lot of apne will just follow and repeat this rhetoric from what they have heard rather than thinking for themselves.

Not been to Delhi myself either or to India for that matter - my information was mainly from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pElvQdcaGXE

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
22 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

There you go then. Everyone hates it when they're kids. Your posts are pure exaggerations. Calm down, this isn't Star Plus.

Go again once you've hit puberty.

I will still HATE IT!!! AHHH ABGVK SBAMKABSKSNSJS 

5 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

The OP is just basing his experience on Delhi. What you say is true - a lot of apne will just follow and repeat this rhetoric from what they have heard rather than thinking for themselves.

Not been to Delhi myself either or to India for that matter - my information was mainly from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pElvQdcaGXE

Just writing verbatim from what the overly kattar come out with.

Seriously bro, you've never been? Any particular reason?

21 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Kirliaan, the druggies cook them for highs haha

I can't tell if this is a joke?

10 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Just writing verbatim from what the overly kattar come out with.

Seriously bro, you've never been? Any particular reason?

Never had the opportunity. Always wanted to go from an early age but it hasn't happened. No other interest in my family apart from myself either. My close family and relatives have all been to Jalandhar, Chandigarh area.

My dream is to go to Panjab, see the Gurdwarae/famous landmarks and do something for the people. Getting older now so the chances it'll happen are more likely even it's without family and instead with friends Waheguru di kirpa de naal.

Edited by GuestSingh

10 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

I can't tell if this is a joke?

nope it's true, someone else might know the method but it's well known in the Pinds

Punjabi is not punjab of old, like Trump said these countries are shitholes. I bet escaped poor living in the west will argue how good india is

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

There are countless shows on the telly of India. That make India out as a vibrant and beatiful country full of culture, monuments and history. 

Yet having visited Dehli. 

my views are the following. 

Its filthy in most places

it smells badly and polluted, congested and cramped. The people are rude with no manners. Its boring and dull. Everyone seems miserable and in a bad mood. I rarely see people smiling or laughter. 

This is probably down to the harsh and brutal enviriment they live in. 

Is it the same all over? is punjab any different. 

Punjab is less polluted than Delhi, but I’d say it pretty much like what you described from my experience of visiting Punjab. People are rude, yes, no manners, yes. And yes yes yes to the rest. 

I wouldn’t even say it’s the environment they live in that makes them like that, as some families and people are nice, warm hearted people. I’d say it’s because of jealousy that’s embedded in them if those born abroad. I experienced it, for no reason from relatives and the people that know them also. But others seemed to be ok with me, if I asked them anything. I’d also say there is discrimination against those abroad too, but it’s done in a discreet way within relatives. 

The best thing is the historical places and Gurdwaras and there are good souls there. The people that have good relatives are lucky, as that’s hard to find nowadays. It’s changed from the last time I went. The pinds aren’t that friendly either, most people have gone abroad anyways and people stare a lot. 

It depends which area of Punjab you go to also, as we’ve got some relatives who are caring, but I never got to visit them as time was short when I went. I don’t want to go back, it’s put me off. It upset me very much unfortunately, whereas I was looking forward to meeting the relatives I visited. But I guess they don’t like bhole, simple people like me. Oh well, at least I learned something from it. 

You havent seen poverty till you been to India 

Alot of apne go to punjab so dont see it as much but go to places like Delhi and its a big shock to the system

I wouldnt say its overrated, the amount of historical places there and things to see makes it worthwhile but they deffo need to do something about the poverty problem there. I would say the situation there is worse than africa  because i think most places in africa have access to clean water now

• Like 1

I always feel that India is a place where being a sociopath is the norm.

It is a country which prides itself on it's cunning. 

The country is a dump because no one cares, there is no value of life and they can be very indifferent to a lot of the problems.

There is no rule of law because everyone seems to be trying to cut corners all the time. 

This is the reason why it takes a big shittar or danda to keep everyone in line. It is the only thing these people seem to respond to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NonExistant said:

We need to start some kind of "Sikh Cleaning Squad" or something that go around and clean up countries and make it less poluted and give solutions how to reduce rubbish etc.

Whos with me?

Sant Balbir Singh Seechewal is one step ahead of you.

I love my India 🇮🇳 

Hindustan Zindabaad!

But seriously india is an amazing place

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

I love my India 🇮🇳 

Hindustan Zindabaad!

But seriously india is an amazing place

If one is wealthy then it maybe. But otherwise I have to disagree.