jkvlondon

On 1/24/2018 at 12:01 AM, Koi said:

I've studied various martial arts for many years as well, and I say it is the real deal. But let's leave subjective opinions out for a second. 

You say he studied with different instructors of different arts. Do you have any evidence to back up this bogus claim? Who are these phantom instructors? How come they haven't come forward with this magical claim that you've just made?

If you look at the various seminars Gurdev Niddar Singh has done with other instructors, they all say it' the real deal. Of course there's some overlap, there always is. That does not constitute plagiarism. For example, a "tiger-style" of fighting will be similar across different martial arts, because it is based on the same animal. 

Ideological differences aside, every time this topic pops up, I always look for the evidence behind the bogus claims that people make. But in every situation, much like yours, there is no evidence. 

What a pathetic plight, that the whole world accepts SV as the real deal, except our own people! 

Awaiting your thoughts and evidence Bro. ...

I haven’t seen anyone protecting someone sooo deeply unless you are him or closely related. 

16 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I haven’t seen anyone protecting someone sooo deeply unless you are him or closely related. 

And again, let's stop side-tracking, eh? If you have answers or evidence, please share. No point in making useless comments. 

And I actually have states on a number of occasions over the years. I did used to train under him. Unfortunately, due to my own work and family commitments, I couldn't continue my training, but am grateful for the time I did spend training under him.

56 minutes ago, Koi said:

And again, let's stop side-tracking, eh? If you have answers or evidence, please share. No point in making useless comments. 

And I actually have states on a number of occasions over the years. I did used to train under him. Unfortunately, due to my own work and family commitments, I couldn't continue my training, but am grateful for the time I did spend training under him.

I have no problem with his movement. It's clearly effective, in my opinion. But why does he dress like a sikh, rush through saying Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh at the beginning and end and talk about nothing but Hinduism in the middle?

I find the man likeable, I'm just confused. 

Edit: I rewatched that video in the op and hit up his youtube again. I think people would respect him more if he ditched the fake nihang thing. I'm not blown away 100% of the time or anything, but I think he's capable of putting a dagger into someone in no time. 

Maybe it's his legal defense to walk around armed and it's part of his shadow art or something?

Dude should get a full time school going if he can and just be true to his hinduism, do his own thing. Call it Shastar Shiva or something. 

14 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I totally get why Sikhs don't dig this dude. Maybe ask Hindus how they feel? That is definitely his people. 

How did you miss that training with the guy?

I didn't miss anything training with him, as I had the intellectual understand to simply walk up to him and ask him any question ,  and he was always more than happy to explain. It's not rocket science 

15 minutes ago, Koi said:

It's not rocket science

I agree with this. If I see him I will gladly converse with the brother. 

Why do you dodge all the valid questions about his shiva sandwich wrapped in vjkk bread?

Why don't you have any answers about his rehit?

I'm rooting for the guy, but I think it would be more truthful for him open a full time school and ditch the fake nihang imagery. 

There is already controversy about Nihang eating meat when not for battle or starvation essential. But kentucky fried cruelty and micky d's are not jhatka brother. 

So as he isn't here but you are, what's up with all this?

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I agree with this. If I see him I will gladly converse with the brother. 

Why do you dodge all the valid questions about his shiva sandwich wrapped in vjkk bread?

Why don't you have any answers about his rehit?

I'm rooting for the guy, but I think it would be more truthful for him open a full time school and ditch the fake nihang imagery. 

There is already controversy about Nihang eating meat when not for battle or starvation essential. But kentucky fried cruelty and micky d's are not jhatka brother. 

So as he isn't here but you are, what's up with all this?

no it's halal or kuttha maas so for a sikh bujjar kurehit to eat

18 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Dude should get a full time school going if he can and just be true to his hinduism, do his own thing. Call it Shastar Shiva or something. 

Bro Shastar Vidya is an ancient Indic science. It is not the monopoly of Sikhi. Niddar Singh probably isn't a Nihang but he is a Sikh. His views are different that's all, he views things through a different lens. IMO I do believe he blurs the lines a little too much with Hinduism but having said that, I've never met him or spoken to him neither have half the people who say x, y, and z about him, and also that video is very selectively edited.

His references to Shiv Ji are somehwhat numerous and some are quite possibly erroneous but I mean Nihangs are considered Shiv Swaroop i.e. destroyers. Which is exactly what they are lol. Again, it's just him viewing things through a different lens. Here's a quote from Bhagauti Astotar which may explain where he's coming from:

ਪੜ੍ਹੈ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਤ ਅਸਤ੍ਰੋਤ ਯਾ ਕੋ ॥ ਕਰੈ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਕਾਲੀ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਤਾ ਕੋ ॥
Whosoever repeats this Astotar (with love) in the early morning, Rudra [Shiv Ji] and Kali both salute you !

About his Rehat, while I'm not doubting that there may be some questionable things that he does which go against Maryada, it's not really of concern to anybody else.

As stated by another poster, people are free to go and talk to him if they wish, he's not a fugitive. And from what I hear, he's very approachable.

People need to worry less about him (and what he eats). Seriously.

2 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Bro Shastar Vidya is an ancient Indic science. It is not the monopoly of Sikhi. Niddar Singh probably isn't a Nihang but he is a Sikh. His views are different that's all, he views things through a different lens. IMO I do believe he blurs the lines a little too much with Hinduism but having said that, I've never met him or spoken to him neither have half the people who say x, y, and z about him, and also that video is very selectively edited.

His references to Shiv Ji are somehwhat numerous and some are quite possibly erroneous but I mean Nihangs are considered Shiv Swaroop i.e. destroyers. Which is exactly what they are lol. Again, it's just him viewing things through a different lens. Here's a quote from Bhagauti Astotar which may explain where he's coming from:

ਪੜ੍ਹੈ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਤ ਅਸਤ੍ਰੋਤ ਯਾ ਕੋ ॥ ਕਰੈ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਕਾਲੀ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਤਾ ਕੋ ॥
Whosoever repeats this Astotar (with love) in the early morning, Rudra [Shiv Ji] and Kali both salute you !

About his Rehat, while I'm not doubting that there may be some questionable things that he does which go against Maryada, it's not really of concern to anybody else.

As stated by another poster, people are free to go and talk to him if they wish, he's not a fugitive. And from what I hear, he's very approachable.

People need to worry less about him (and what he eats). Seriously.

I have no objection to him calling his art whatever. Everyone's business is ultimately their own. I feel there is value surely in his art. I suggested he do his own thing, and maybe name it uniquely,  because from information available he isn't doing the Nihang thing except in dress. To my untrained eyes. 

I still wish him luck in founding a permanent school. 

I'd gladly talk to the dude given the chance, I find him likeable like I said. 

Other than his appearance though, from what I could research, in what way does he promote Sikhi?

Aren't all the groups being discussed on here then also Sikh?

It just feels like this dude is being held to a different standard, in our conversation, than all these other groups. 

I mean this truly as a question, I'm here to learn. I'm no expert on Sikhi. 

How is he a Sikh vs all these other groups being labeled cults? 

You say he isn't Nihang, but he dresses like one?

Nihang-12.jpg

From bbc article:

Nidar Singh, a 44-year-old former food packer from Wolverhampton, is now thought to be the only remaining master. He has many students, but shastar vidya takes years to learn and a commitment in time and energy that doesn't suit modern lifestyles.

"I've travelled all over India and I have spoken to many elders, this is basically a last-ditch attempt to flush someone out because if I die with it, it is all gone."

What are the Nihang doing then? 

http://www.nidarsingh.com

He calls himself Nidar Singh Nihang