Jooda and parna video any good one?

Guest singh

I am very old like 17 and still havent learnt how to do my jooda or wear a parna ive searched on youtube many times and have tried to do it like the video says but it is too hard because i got really long hair, its getting very annoying because everyone else can do and i cant. Do you guys do jooda on the front of your head or at the back, people say its alots easier to do it at the back. If i do it at the back then how am i supposed to do the parna as it will look very unnatural as i got really long hair. 

And what happened to the security check thing, it wasnt working.

12 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

get joora, but what's a jooda? is this an accent from another part of Punjab using a d instead of a r?

Nah bro. is sometimes written as ਡ਼. Many transliterations write D instead of R or RH.

I think in the Devanagari script there is no equivalent to  . Instead it uses a modified D like the latter shown above. Maybe the influence is from this.

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

Nah bro. is sometimes written as ਡ਼. Many transliterations write D instead of R or RH.

I think in the Devanagari script there is no equivalent to  . Instead it uses a modified D like the latter shown above. Maybe the influence is from this.

1 hour ago, InderjitS said:

get joora, but what's a jooda? is this an accent from another part of Punjab using a d instead of a r?

Pretty much, what he said. When i said jooda i say it with a short r sound. Its enough to hair (get it ok i will stop), how do you guys say it? Cause ੜ sounds like a small r sound then a, d sound. Rd, my parents also say this as well, like karda. Well its hard to explain in writing you have to hear it yourself then it makes sense,

9 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

8 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Pretty much, what he said. When i said jooda i say it with a short r sound. Its enough to hair (get it ok i will stop), how do you guys say it? Cause ੜ sounds like a small r sound then a, d sound. Rd, my parents also say this as well, like karda. Well its hard to explain in writing you have to hear it yourself then it makes sense,

Makes sense. Guess we're saying the 2nd syllable of ੜ sounds like a soft d. Being a stickler for correct pronunciation I prefer the use of a r in written format as well..