Singh Attacked

singh598

7 hours ago, Cisco_Singh said:

The police traced the car these guys ran away in back to a address in Nottingham.. And interviewed one person voluntarily but apparently are not able to identify the perpetrators ?

They found the dudes but they're dangerous and the police don't want none. 

So they probably laughed about it with the guys. 

Eerily similar to my own experience in that way. 

a lot of you are cussing people for going out and getting drunk... but how do you plan on stopping it? by being internet babeh? or by actually getting off your a$$ and helping the community? someone said you dont expect singhs in baaneh to be at these places, which i agree with 100%... however why is it when issues such as rajoana, bhullar, jaggi etc come up then the singhs expect the average punjabi whose a sessioner etc to be there? I may across as rude or abrupt, but all i see is the gursikh faction of our community sideline the average man, but yet expect them to embrace sikhi? look at groups like Sikh youth uk, these have gone out and helped your average punjabis (addicts, girls who been groomed etc) and they have made a massive impact. time is now to sambaal our kaum, we all hype about Sant Ji but Sant Ji did exactly that. He went out to the average man and showed the power of Sikhi, the most common thing we got now is nindiyah - BIG DIFFERENCE.

@TejS @Prokharkoo84

Wow, between the two of you, I think you nailed it. 

Firstly by controlling our own homes, and leading by strong example. Then from this strong basis reaching out to help those that need it through courage, love, acceptance and truth. 

As silly as it is, it's like oxygen masks on an airplane. First you secure your mask then you help those near to you. 

I applaud you both. 

I agree 100% that we all need to sort ourselves first, then our close ones and if everyone done this then positive effect will be massive and widespread. However, this isnt as easy just talking about it, no kaum in the world even sulay are all 100% devout, tbh they probs the most corrupt out the lot if you look how many of them are homo, sessioners etc. our kaum cant be cleansed of sharab nasheh etc, even during Sant Jis peak the majority were still up to puteh kaam. However, what we can do is extend olive branches to our brothers and sisters, show them the beauty of sikhi, become role models ourselves and show the oochah and soochah jeevan of a Gursikh etc. hopefully then they can come towards the path of Sikhi.

The third thing that needs improvement is Gurdwara's.  Instead of being businesses they should provide services for the youth at least gym and gatka but after reading all the posts on this thread I see nobody stating the importance of mental strength and courage.  That is achieved only through Gurbani Jaap and listening of Keertan

15 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

I agree 100% that we all need to sort ourselves first, then our close ones and if everyone done this then positive effect will be massive and widespread.

Yeah.

ਪ੍ਰਥਮੇ ਮਨੁ ਪਰਬੋਧੈ ਅਪਨਾ ਪਾਛੈ ਅਵਰ ਰੀਝਾਵੈ ॥

First, he instructs his own mind, and then, he leads others.

ਆਸਾ (ਮਃ ੫) (੪੩) ੨:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੩੮੧ ਪੰ. ੧੧ 
Raag Asa Guru Arjan Dev

16 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

However, this isnt as easy just talking about it, no kaum in the world even sulay are all 100% devout, tbh they probs the most corrupt out the lot if you look how many of them are homo, sessioners etc.

Maybe not 100, but very close. I'm not talking about whether 100% of them have memorized the Koran, or do Namaz 5X a day. But rather stuff like standing up for their kaum when required. So take someone like Gigi Hadid, an almost totally Westernized girl whose father is Palestinian and mother white, and who lives the standard model life, and shows almost every inch of her body.

When it comes down to it, she sides with the Islamic "ummah":

'You're a f**king <banned word filter activated>' - Gigi Hadid calls out Islamophobic tweet after New York terrorist attack

Not the case with our people.

16 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

However, what we can do is extend olive branches to our brothers and sisters, show them the beauty of sikhi, become role models ourselves and show the oochah and soochah jeevan of a Gursikh etc. hopefully then they can come towards the path of Sikhi.

Yeah, good advice. I think the Amritdharis should extend and olive branch, and the monas should meet them halfway. Granted, some won't give up the shraabi lifestyle, but at least they can acknowledge the goodness of the Sikh way.